Paypal Europe will not release the money after 180 days - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-03-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Paypal Europe will not release the money after 180 days

Long Story short, they have been keeping the money for more than 8 months. The account belongs to Europe but Not UK.

I have tried everything to convince them and called them over and over, they just refused to release my money. They basically could not verify the Government IDs that I have sent to them, each time they keep asking for a new one. IDs are not EU and account holder is not from EU.

It is roughly $ 4k

Finally, I have drawn their attention as I sent a FINAL NOTICE BEFORE LEGAL ACTION.

Executive Escalation still refused to release my money but sent me this letter:

-------------------------------

Reference: xxxxxxx

Dear xxxx xxxx,

Your complaint has been forwarded to PayPal's Office of Executive Escalations. Please allow me to address your concerns further.

Following a review of the details that have been provided to us, I understand that you are unhappy with the funds still being held after 180 days. These funds cannot be released until we have been able to identify you as a customer. Therefore we require a valid Proof Of Identification (POI). The document you have been provided cannot be used to complete the identification process.

Once we have received a valid proof of identification we can continue our process of identifying you as our customer and thereby review the limitation on your PayPal account. I regret to hear that you wish to take legal action regarding the release of your PayPal balance. PayPal can hold the funds as per section 11.3 of our user agreement which has been accepted by you.

If you require any additional information regarding your PayPal account, please do not hesitate to contact us directly on ppelce@paypal.co.uk

All complaints against PayPal can be further referred for independent arbitration to the following bodies and for the purpose of doing so, this response may be considered as our "final response":

- UK European Consumer Centre (ECC-Net):
Trading Standards Institute
1 Sylvan Court, Sylvan Way
Southfields Business Park
Basildon, Essex SS15 6TH

- Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF)
283, route d’Arlon
L-1150 Luxembourg

- UK Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge – but you must do so within six months of the date of this letter.

If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances. For further information, visit www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.

Yours sincerely,
xxxx xxxx
Executive Escalations
PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2018 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-03-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Paypal Europe will not release the money after 180 days

EU anti money laundering laws allow them to do this, and they've been doing it a lot. They check the ID docs you submit again a database called "world check" (just learned that Monday in another thread about exactly the same thing). If your docs can't be verified in the database they use then Paypal doesn't legally have to release the money.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (10-04-2018)
Old 10-03-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
EU anti money laundering laws allow them to do this, and they've been doing it a lot. They check the ID docs you submit again a database called "world check" (just learned that Monday in another thread about exactly the same thing). If your docs can't be verified in the database they use then Paypal doesn't legally have to release the money.
But IDs are correct and persuading a small court action should do the trick, I assume.
Old 10-03-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

You have a US forum flag so I didn't think you had any type of valid EU ID to give them, which is what they require.

You confuse me with the " IDs are not EU and account holder is not from EU.". Does this mean you're in USA using an EU account? Are you trying to submit a USA ID on EU accounts, or what?

Either way I wish you the best in taking them to court. If they have the law on their side and they are required to verify your identity I'm not sure if you're going to be successful.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 10-03-2018 at 11:39 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
asfantastic (10-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018

Longevity: 44%

In the same postion.. usually after 180 days...i used to just submit docs and either way they used ti release the money even if docs were not good. NOW they check the docs against world check.... a real nightmare....i have a few accounts in this mess....
The Following User Says Thank You to asfantastic For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (10-04-2018)
Old 10-03-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 72%

I also have some accounts in this mess. There must be a way to get around this! they have stolen thousands from me. Legit earnings, btu with stealth measures. I have been fighting some cases for almost 2 years with no luck whatsoever. How can we get our money?
Thank you
Old 10-04-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You have a US forum flag so I didn't think you had any type of valid EU ID to give them, which is what they require.

You confuse me with the " IDs are not EU and account holder is not from EU.". Does this mean you're in USA using an EU account? Are you trying to submit a USA ID on EU accounts, or what?

Either way I wish you the best in taking them to court. If they have the law on their side and they are required to verify your identity I'm not sure if you're going to be successful.
Let me explain the situation. I opened a cyprus paypal account since i have an address there. Account was permanently limited and I am asked to provide ID. Which I dis provide genuine government ID (non eu) but they will not accept it.

I am trying to submit a non-eu id for a EU account.
Old 10-04-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabats View Post
Long Story short, they have been keeping the money for more than 8 months. The account belongs to Europe but Not UK.

I have tried everything to convince them and called them over and over, they just refused to release my money. They basically could not verify the Government IDs that I have sent to them, each time they keep asking for a new one. IDs are not EU and account holder is not from EU.

It is roughly $ 4k

Finally, I have drawn their attention as I sent a FINAL NOTICE BEFORE LEGAL ACTION.

Executive Escalation still refused to release my money but sent me this letter:

-------------------------------

Reference: xxxxxxx

Dear xxxx xxxx,

Your complaint has been forwarded to PayPal's Office of Executive Escalations. Please allow me to address your concerns further.

Following a review of the details that have been provided to us, I understand that you are unhappy with the funds still being held after 180 days. These funds cannot be released until we have been able to identify you as a customer. Therefore we require a valid Proof Of Identification (POI). The document you have been provided cannot be used to complete the identification process.

Once we have received a valid proof of identification we can continue our process of identifying you as our customer and thereby review the limitation on your PayPal account. I regret to hear that you wish to take legal action regarding the release of your PayPal balance. PayPal can hold the funds as per section 11.3 of our user agreement which has been accepted by you.

If you require any additional information regarding your PayPal account, please do not hesitate to contact us directly on ppelce@paypal.co.uk

All complaints against PayPal can be further referred for independent arbitration to the following bodies and for the purpose of doing so, this response may be considered as our "final response":

- UK European Consumer Centre (ECC-Net):
Trading Standards Institute
1 Sylvan Court, Sylvan Way
Southfields Business Park
Basildon, Essex SS15 6TH

- Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF)
283, route d’Arlon
L-1150 Luxembourg

- UK Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge – but you must do so within six months of the date of this letter.

If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances. For further information, visit www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.

Yours sincerely,
xxxx xxxx
Executive Escalations
PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2018 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

A valid ID has been provided so They cannot hide behind any law. What about people that does not have a EU ID but live in EU? Is that mean that they cannot get their money..
Old 10-05-2018

Longevity: 68%

This World Check is concerning.

I put my legit name and home details, lived there for 15 years now and on electrol role and it came back as having no records...
Old 10-05-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotay View Post

I put my legit name and home details, lived there for 15 years now and on electrol role and it came back as having no records...
I don't think you can try world-check by yourself. You have to be a member of the system.
Old 10-05-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotay View Post

This is very alarming and a weird identity potentially crackable service
Old 10-07-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
This is very alarming and a weird identity potentially crackable service
Which means?
Old 10-07-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
A valid ID has been provided so They cannot hide behind any law. What about people that does not have a EU ID but live in EU? Is that mean that they cannot get their money..
So have you given them a ring and asked them what the issue with the ID is and asked them what they would accept? That would be a good next step
Old 10-07-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
I don't think you can try world-check by yourself. You have to be a member of the system.
exactly, you could look at it only if your job accesses it as a financial institution.
Old 10-07-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
So have you given them a ring and asked them what the issue with the ID is and asked them what they would accept? That would be a good next step
I called them couple of times and didn’t work out. First guy told me If i send another ID, they would accept it as long as my name is written on it. After that I recevied thia generic email saying that I have to send another ID. Both IDs were Non-EU.

I wonder if they are able to verify the ID’s of anyone living in Europe.. less likely..
Old 10-08-2018

i spoke to paypal last week.similar issue but i have uk id. The advisor said the id
failed a world check 'check' he wouldnt repeat again about the world check when i asked him. they are using world check by reuters to check authenticity of documents.....ive not had this before.
Old 10-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh View Post
I also have some accounts in this mess. There must be a way to get around this! they have stolen thousands from me. Legit earnings, btu with stealth measures. I have been fighting some cases for almost 2 years with no luck whatsoever. How can we get our money?
Thank you
Fighting with legal help or...?
Old 10-10-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Fighting with legal help or...?
I do fight with legal help. Yes..
Old 10-11-2018
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by asfantastic View Post
i spoke to paypal last week.similar issue but i have uk id. The advisor said the id
failed a world check 'check' he wouldnt repeat again about the world check when i asked him. they are using world check by reuters to check authenticity of documents.....ive not had this before.
They've been able to use 3rd party software to check any docs for a long time. I think the T&C update from 2015 had all the info regarding it.
Old 10-13-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
They've been able to use 3rd party software to check any docs for a long time. I think the T&C update from 2015 had all the info regarding it.
We all know this.
Old 11-12-2018

Hi aquabats.... did you get you funds released?
Old 02-06-2019

Longevity: 32%
Send a message via Skype™ to winge00

World check to verify ID, Router to verify ID
I have found the link below states couple of companies who provide pp the id check services

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mp...d-parties-list

This might be helpful, But I am even more confused while creating a stealth pp account I should remember that As soon as they ask for id, this might be end of pp account,

Can you guys help in how did you resolve this id issue, one is providing an id then geting it verified by world check. Complicated.