Purchasing as a guest - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-04-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default Purchasing as a guest

Hi

I have a Paypal account with money that I would like to spend, the Ebay account that was associated with that Paypal account has been suspended some time ago, and I have been using the Paypal successfully

The account is in a portable browser, if I check out as a guest am I likely to have any problems? I intend to use another email address, but I suppose the cookies are still there from the previous account.

Hopefully someone has been in a similar situation, 1st hand experiences rather than speculation please.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-04-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Purchasing as a guest

Could you not withdraw to bank account (funds in PayPal)?

Alternatively you can setup a fresh new portable browser, then use your PayPal account in that browser to then purchase items as a guest. I imagine that should work fine, as you won't be bringing over the cookies from your old ebay/suspended account.

But what you don't want to do is sign up to ebay or use similar details to before, as that will once again link you. Not sure what happens if you checkout as guest though. Perhaps someone who has tried can chime in.
Old 11-04-2018

Longevity: 34%

delete,...
Old 11-04-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
Could you not withdraw to bank account (funds in PayPal)?

Alternatively you can setup a fresh new portable browser, then use your PayPal account in that browser to then purchase items as a guest. I imagine that should work fine, as you won't be bringing over the cookies from your old ebay/suspended account.

But what you don't want to do is sign up to ebay or use similar details to before, as that will once again link you. Not sure what happens if you checkout as guest though. Perhaps someone who has tried can chime in.
Thanks for your reply

The problem with logging into paypal from another user account/portable broswer is that there will be no cookies, hence I will likely have problems with the paypal
Old 11-04-2018
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezza View Post
Thanks for your reply

The problem with logging into paypal from another user account/portable broswer is that there will be no cookies, hence I will likely have problems with the paypal
You don't have issues just because there are no cookies in place. It's no big deal. Sometimes they may ask for phone verification but this happens in a small minority of cases. After your first login you will be fine.
Old 11-04-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezza View Post
Thanks for your reply

You shouldn't. At most they'll ask you to do a quick sms verification, so make sure you have the number to hand.

You could always log back into that PayPal from your old portable browser if you are being locked out from the new one.