Bank Accounts-And debit cards Running Out - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-27-2018

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 55%
Default Bank Accounts-And debit cards Running Out

Followed stealth for the last 2 years and have accumulated several bank accounts through all the main Banks, but I am running out of options for new banks.
Each major bank has a personal business account and my limited company account and 5 savings accounts- I tried U account but it was closed recently as they suspected I was using it as a business account.
I Use LLoyds, Barclays, Hsbc, Santander, Nationwide, Halifax, First Direct, Clydesdale, I did have Natwest but they closed it with no reason given. So are there any other banks that I should approach?

In regards to debit cards you get one or two for each of the main current accounts but cannot obtain them for savings accounts, I can apply for a few credit cards but I imagine that is limited due to credit checks.. I need the cards to work with Amazon so the gift card route is out and I prefer to use real cards rather than virtual so not sure of my options.

Any Pearls of wisdom appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-27-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Bank Accounts-And debit cards Running Out

Is it practical in UK to get more bank accounts by forming a new company and opening business bank accounts for it?

Just throwing that out there. I'm sure you'll get more relevant replies soon.
Old 11-27-2018
Threadstarter  

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 55%

Definitely an option, I have 2 registered companies, which have bank accounts and I also tell the bank I would like my own private business account and personal account so that gets me a few- I also then ask after a while if I can have a couple of extra business account for my international sales, as well as opening savings accounts. So about 10 accounts per bank.
Old 11-28-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 39%
Longevity: 81%

So you have used a total of 9 banks(10 if you include Uaccount) I'm not sure how many banks you can have at each, but for example at Santander and Halifax let's say I have 10 each. Many of those twenty bank accounts have been re-used with multiple PayPals (unless they get limited) So let's say I have used them 40 times, then you have the debit cards which you can use separately for even more accounts.

I suggest changing your business model, or go to some other countries in Europe and add more, and open up some non-uk PayPals.

Business bank accounts is also a good un
phaz0rz (11-28-2018)
Old 01-11-2019

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettotige View Post
Followed stealth for the last 2 years and have accumulated several bank accounts through all the main Banks, but I am running out of options for new banks.
Each major bank has a personal business account and my limited company account and 5 savings accounts- I tried U account but it was closed recently as they suspected I was using it as a business account.
I Use LLoyds, Barclays, Hsbc, Santander, Nationwide, Halifax, First Direct, Clydesdale, I did have Natwest but they closed it with no reason given. So are there any other banks that I should approach?

In regards to debit cards you get one or two for each of the main current accounts but cannot obtain them for savings accounts, I can apply for a few credit cards but I imagine that is limited due to credit checks.. I need the cards to work with Amazon so the gift card route is out and I prefer to use real cards rather than virtual so not sure of my options.

Any Pearls of wisdom appreciated.
So a few more for you off top of my head that are different to the ones you have listed, You can try TSB, M&S Bank, Bank of Scotland, Tesco, Co-op, Smile (co-op sub brand ), RBS, Metro Bank, Starling, N26. All these banks have apps for mobiles so makes keeping track of your finances and transfers easy.
Old 01-12-2019

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettotige View Post
Definitely an option, I have 2 registered companies, which have bank accounts and I also tell the bank I would like my own private business account and personal account so that gets me a few- I also then ask after a while if I can have a couple of extra business account for my international sales, as well as opening savings accounts. So about 10 accounts per bank.
I want/need to do something similar..
Wondering how you've kept her majesty sweet?
Intrigued, as I could with some help, please pm or reply.
Thanks in advance