PayPal Limited, first in years - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-27-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 28%
Default PayPal Limited, first in years

Thought I'd mention this, its been quite a few years since I have had one of these.

This was an account bought from the marketplace. I had my doubts about the account as it was a complete faff having to chase the seller for weeks to actually send me the account (despite it being 'ready' multiple times over this period,it turned out to have only been created the day it was sent to me), but the ID looked pretty good, so thought it was worth a punt to try and build.

After gently nursing this new account up over the past four months, mainly with personal pocessions and the odd new item thrown in occasionally, same methods I always use and have always been successful with, I hit the EU limit.

Submitted the bought docs, while leaving money in the account rather than draining it (only £150 but I always feels this looks better when the review happens) and got the atypical PP limited response this morning.

'After reviewing your PayPal account, we've determined there to be excessive risk involved in doing business with you and we'd like to begin parting ways in a manner that is least disruptive to your business'

So I am not sure if Christmas is the wrong time to be submitting docs, or I just got unlucky with either an over zealous PayPal rep (or a temp Rep as of the busy period), or bad docs. As ever we will never know, but something to consider for others.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-27-2019

Longevity: 42%
Default Re: PayPal Limited, first in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
Thought I'd mention this, its been quite a few years since I have had one of these.

This was an account bought from the marketplace. I had my doubts about the account as it was a complete faff having to chase the seller for weeks to actually send me the account (despite it being 'ready' multiple times over this period,it turned out to have only been created the day it was sent to me), but the ID looked pretty good, so thought it was worth a punt to try and build.

After gently nursing this new account up over the past four months, mainly with personal pocessions and the odd new item thrown in occasionally, same methods I always use and have always been successful with, I hit the EU limit.

Submitted the bought docs, while leaving money in the account rather than draining it (only £150 but I always feels this looks better when the review happens) and got the atypical PP limited response this morning.

'After reviewing your PayPal account, we've determined there to be excessive risk involved in doing business with you and we'd like to begin parting ways in a manner that is least disruptive to your business'

So I am not sure if Christmas is the wrong time to be submitting docs, or I just got unlucky with either an over zealous PayPal rep (or a temp Rep as of the busy period), or bad docs. As ever we will never know, but something to consider for others.
Are you selling items that you're allowed to sell?
Are you always providing tracking?
Did you double check the docs for any potential misspells?

In my opinion, these are the three factors that weight heavy in passing docs.
Old 11-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcoo View Post
Are you selling items that you're allowed to sell?
Are you always providing tracking?
Did you double check the docs for any potential misspells?

In my opinion, these are the three factors that weight heavy in passing docs.
Lol Ive been doing this for five years succesfully, you don't need to question my methods.

So yes to all of those, standard Stealth basics, classroom 101
Old 11-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Try learning to create your own stealth accounts, these issues are much less frequent. I know it means putting a bit of effort in and you may not be capable of that but you'd thank yourself in the long run.

Buy the guide, read the forum thoroughly and you might understand where you went wrong which will help going forward.

As it is only just hitting the EU limit, the numbers we're talking for this account are incredibly tiny, bin it and start again.

All the best as you master stealth
Lol,you are on crack my chav counterpart.

I actually normally do make my own accounts, and have done in the past, all running successfully, but my 'guy' who does the docs no longer does (the one area I don't/can't do) ,hence farming it to the marketplace.

I thought the docs looked pretty good myself, better than I have had before, but c'est la vie, what's happened has happened.

I don't think its personally anything to do with what I am 'selling' when building the accounts, its more the levels of PP security is rising.

I will make up my own account this next run, and use exactly the same methods, and see how they go. If they work, then I'll know where the issue lay.
Old 11-27-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
Could be a manual review and a rep taking action
Old 11-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Could be a manual review and a rep taking action
No sh*t Sherlock.

Just FYI, if you read the original post,its EU Doc submission and the manual review that happens after this.
Old 11-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
I know you're struggling to manage your small-time ebay wheeze, but there's no need to take it our on rsot.

Go away, enjoy Christmas day with mum and dad, and use the school holidays to educate yourself on stealth practices.

Come back in the New Year calm and refreshed and we'll do our best to help you get past that 2500 Euro limit. I know it's a big sum of money to you and seems like quite a mountain to climb but we'll be here to hold your hand every step of the way.
I make around ten times what you do a year, so I am all good thanks.

This thread is referring to the issues with current account development that has been encountered,and therefore of good information to those currently building new accounts for future use. There could be that I just got mugged off on the docs, so that is always a possibility. We will never know, but I do for sure, its not from what I was selling to make up the account, nor any of the standard practices such as tracking numbers , deliveries, no cases etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pathos For This Useful Post:
Buffet (12-08-2019)