New Here, Help Please - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-03-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default New Here, Help Please

First of all, hey people, i was passed on this forum link by someone on my forums..

I'm hoping you can help..

I'm sure that i'm not the only one who gets annoyed with this ridiculous company. I'm pretty fed up of reading all the negative reviews and feedback they seem to accomplish so well!

However, i had a problem with Paypal (as some of you know) a few months back. i had my account for 7 days, if that then they added limitations as they were 'reviewing my account,' i had received one payment with a smooth transaction from ebay costing a measley £55.00, and also made a couple of payments for low priced items.. Numerous emails and correspondence, over a month later, i get my long and anticipated answer.

Paypal have said to me, via email, that they can no longer offer me the service AND they are once again holding my £55.00 funds for another 180 days!! They haven't even given me an answer as to why! I only sold a sky box and never got the chance to list anything else!

I spoke to Paypal on the phone, with no sense at all, i couldnt sign up for a new account as they keep all bank details for a period of upto 7 years. Meaning that if i tried to re-set up an account it would be flagged up on their ridiculous, rubbish system! I told them that if i cannot use the service i want my bank details removed.. Fat lot of good that did, as they refused to do so!

Anyhow, in order for me to get anywhere with starting my own business, ebay is essential for me right now, to at least start building up more funds..

After i got off the phone to them, i called my bank and set up a savings account, obviously they gave me a new account number and other bank details, which means i have been able to set up a new ebay and Paypal account under my proposed business name. Worked out well seen as my username was pointless, and i only had 3 feedback comments.

What i'm concerned about is this- Will paypal/ebay block/suspend my new account?

And any tips on what i can do, to make sure this mess does not happen again?

I would also like to say thank you to all that helped me in trying to sort out my original problem. Unfortunately it looks like i will have to wait for my funds to be released, as they will not budge into giving me them right away.

Thanks in advance.

Some of the above questions have been answered, this is the reason i am here!

My account at the moment is working, i signed up to it a few weeks ago and it was just 'sitting' there.

I have just tried changing my name on Paypal- which i cant do. All my details are different other than my name and adress, i have reset my router, deleted cookies, history etc.. and i listed 2 items. Basically what i want to knowis how i can STOP this happening again, i have seen the ebay Stealth Book, but cant purchase until next week unfortunately.

(hope this is better)

Last edited by x_emily_x; 09-03-2009 at 04:04 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-03-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Welcome to the Forum Emily!

I would be immensely more helpful if you post your questions instead of referring us to another forums thread that has 4 pages of posts.
Old 09-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyGotMeToo View Post
Welcome to the Forum Emily!

I would be immensely more helpful if you post your questions instead of referring us to another forums thread that has 4 pages of posts.
Oh dear, im really sorry, im just in a bit of a pickle at the moment, i will edit my original post.

Regards,
Emily
Old 09-04-2009
Threadstarter  

Can anyone help at all?
Old 09-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

[quote=x_emily_x;102246]

Quote:
Paypal have said to me, via email, that they can no longer offer me the service AND they are once again holding my £55.00 funds for another 180 days!! They haven't even given me an answer as to why! I only sold a sky box and never got the chance to list anything else!

I spoke to Paypal on the phone, with no sense at all, i couldnt sign up for a new account as they keep all bank details for a period of upto 7 years. Meaning that if i tried to re-set up an account it would be flagged up on their ridiculous, rubbish system! I told them that if i cannot use the service i want my bank details removed.. Fat lot of good that did, as they refused to do so!
That is really rotten though typical of paypal. Don't believe them about the info staying there 7 years: stays for life

Quote:
Anyhow, in order for me to get anywhere with starting my own business, ebay is essential for me right now, to at least start building up more funds..

After i got off the phone to them, i called my bank and set up a savings account, obviously they gave me a new account number and other bank details, which means i have been able to set up a new ebay and Paypal account under my proposed business name. Worked out well seen as my username was pointless, and i only had 3 feedback comments.

What i'm concerned about is this- Will paypal/ebay block/suspend my new account?
If the new account gets flagged, yes there is a risk of losing another account. BUT, you are here now so let's see what we can do to help you

Quote:
My account at the moment is working, i signed up to it a few weeks ago and it was just 'sitting' there.

I have just tried changing my name on Paypal- which i cant do. All my details are different other than my name and adress, i have reset my router, deleted cookies, history etc.. and i listed 2 items. Basically what i want to knowis how i can STOP this happening again, i have seen the ebay Stealth Book, but cant purchase until next week unfortunately.

(hope this is better)
OK, would you mind clarifying what is written in bold type? That same name and address can be enough to link you even if you have changed all other info.

BTW, Welcome to the forum. I understand exactly how you feel. But put that behind you and with careful planing, you will beat ebay.

ANother question is your paypal verified: what bank have you used, 'specifically what type of account?
x_emily_x (09-04-2009)
Old 09-04-2009
Threadstarter  

Hello Greenbean..

I have heard a lot about you lol. Thank you for the reply.

I have set up my new paypal and ebay account under my full name (like my other one) so Emily ***** I have since found that i cannot change my name, as i need to upload proof etc, so i think that was my first mistake.

And my address is my home address, again, the same one that i used before.. Identical infact. My landline number was changed and i activated ebay with my new number too.

However i have changed my email, deleted my cookies, history, i THINK my IP has been changed although that is definatly happening in a few weeks as im changing internet providers.. And i have set up a new savings bank account with abbey national.

I hope this is a little clearer. I have looked around the forum, but there is so much to take in lol!
Old 09-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I heard you were coming to join us

I kinda hoped you would not tell me that about the name & address being the same.On the list of possible link factors, they can be the main ones that give problems. New name & new address are the first recommended changes. You covered the others well.
Right now, it will be a waiting game. I sure do not want to dash your hopes but this may not work.
Old 09-04-2009
Threadstarter  

i prefer honesty lol.. the account was set up about 3 weeks ago.
Old 09-04-2009

Longevity: 92%

have u sold anything on the account where ure address and name is the same ?

Also just set up two more bank accounts, go on natwests website and rbs, create some online, very easy.

And start making some back ups.
Old 09-04-2009
Threadstarter  

Thats what im going to do idiotbay,

Thank you very much.

I understand i cannot buy a uk ebay account off someone how come usa can?

What will i change my name and address too lol?
Old 09-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

dont buy an account anyway, easier and safer to make it yourself
Old 09-04-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_emily_x View Post
I understand i cannot buy a uk ebay account off someone how come usa can?
Currently the forum does not have anyone in place to sell UK ebay accounts.

We just don't let anyone sell accounts as to protect our members from fraud and scams. Account sellers must be 1st approved by aspkin.
Old 09-04-2009
Threadstarter  

Thats fair enough!

Thank you once again.
Old 09-04-2009

keep ure last name the same. Change ure first name to any common name, think of some one in ure family.

type in google, royal mail post code finder. Type in a random house number, and chose a street that u no and thats around ure end.

Create excel spreadsheet, get all ure info down for each account, make everything different.

for phone numbers, go on soho666.co.uk

by an external num for only £2 each, use it to get verified.

use entropay for credit card
The Following User Says Thank You to idiotbay For This Useful Post:
x_emily_x (09-05-2009)
Old 09-08-2009
Threadstarter  

I'm having my IP address and telephone number changed by my internet provider this week, on thursday i will purchase the Stealth Book- but will this help?
Old 09-08-2009

yeh it will, u no you can just buy an number then forward it to ure real num. No need to change ure phone num.

Try turning your router on/off. then check on IPBurger.com to see if ure ip changed
Old 09-08-2009

If u use their services, u must follow their rules.
Old 09-08-2009
Threadstarter  

I didnt know that, no lol..

Ive just tried that idiotbay and it doesnt work..
Old 09-08-2009

tired wot, soho ?

buy an external number, set it up so it calls ure real number
Old 09-08-2009
Threadstarter  

No the turning the router on and off, i will use soho, i really do appreciate your help. Youve been great.

I will get the Stealth Book this week and follow that. So in future i will have no problems.

Obiously i'm from the UK but could i use USA Ebay etc to sell things on?

Thanks again!
Old 09-08-2009
Threadstarter  

Also how will i go about paying ebay fees? I have ordered a few pay as you go debit/credit cards. Do i apply for them in my name?

I have also deleted my recent account with paypal and ebay so i can start again from scratch- this time with a back up or 2.

As i have mentioned i am going to buy the ebay book- However what i also wanted to know was, is the book pinpoint?

I'm not the brightest spark.. *BLONDE* does it give step by step instructions?
Old 09-09-2009

have you been on entropay.com

its a virtual visa card, this is wot you use for ebay/paypal

u can pay fees with the virtual card, or with paypal