question about selling inside uk with international paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-02-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default question about selling inside uk with international paypal

hello i am wanting to sell ebay and i was told to come here with questions about ebay and paypal as i have hear they are troublesome i am sorry if this is wrong place to ask

i have 2 questions and maybe more but firstly
1) i am a native resident in indonesia with paypal. i want to set up ebay but it would be shipping from within uk
if i verify my paypal with my address and bank would the conflicting physical locations of these accounts affect the perception of such accounts being tied together?

2)as i say i am indonesian national and resident but the items would be delivered from uk address
i do not understand full yet with rules in uk so i am unsure if im liable or responsible to report income from sales to uk authority? i dont believe so but i prefer to caution
i do not reside in uk but have studied in england university in the past
i will not sell large amounts like others here i think, i start small but maybe 1k a month one day if i am very lucky (is estimate)

i am very new so hoping if someone can help me or direct to better place to find information
please forgive lack of knowledge i will learn and sorry for english
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-03-2020

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: question about selling inside uk with international paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
There is nothing to stop you having a ebay.co.uk account, registered as a resident of Indonesia and having the 'dispatched from' location being the UK. Many thousands doing it.

As a NETP (Non Exempt Taxable Person) you will need to register for VAT and Income Tax before you start selling. You will need to pay UK VAT on all sales, there is no exemption for you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...at-obligations

Not really you need to at least have an UK address to have an UK EBAY account,thats the key.they require you at least living in UK ,no matter you are a resident or not but you must currently living in UK while you reg account.
The Following User Says Thank You to 997turbo For This Useful Post:
xoni (01-04-2020)
Old 01-04-2020
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
There is nothing to stop you having a ebay.co.uk account, registered as a resident of Indonesia and having the 'dispatched from' location being the UK. Many thousands doing it.

As a NETP (Non Exempt Taxable Person) you will need to register for VAT and Income Tax before you start selling. You will need to pay UK VAT on all sales, there is no exemption for you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...at-obligations

thank you very much for your informations
i do need to look more at uk VAT but i was under the impression you only had to register when you were obligated, and i thought that obligation came only when you exceeded 80kgbp per year? i would not sell anywhere close to that amount although one day i do hope to, but i see that as longterm goal far away. please correct if i am wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997turbo View Post
Not really you need to at least have an UK address to have an UK EBAY account,thats the key.they require you at least living in UK ,no matter you are a resident or not but you must currently living in UK while you reg account.
i am confused now as i have two conflicting statements. the other poster seems to have at least some sort of evidence that this is not the case so could you at least explain your own reasoning so i understand? or if busy at least a source of information to would be much appreciated

thank you both again for your help this is very helpful community i think i will stay here
Old 01-05-2020

Quote:
Incorrect. Tell that to eBay and the 100K chinese sellers.
read your own reply,you said ''having a ebay.co.uk account''
that is very different thing to ''selling on ebay.co.uk''
with a well built anywhere account you can sell on ebay.co.uk of course
but to have an ebay uk account you need an uk address/phone number at least.
Old 01-05-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoni View Post
thank you very much for your informations
i do need to look more at uk VAT but i was under the impression you only had to register when you were obligated, and i thought that obligation came only when you exceeded 80kgbp per year? i would not sell anywhere close to that amount although one day i do hope to, but i see that as longterm goal far away. please correct if i am wrong.

i am confused now as i have two conflicting statements. the other poster seems to have at least some sort of evidence that this is not the case so could you at least explain your own reasoning so i understand? or if busy at least a source of information to would be much appreciated

thank you both again for your help this is very helpful community i think i will stay here

read above,tinsoldier confusing you not me.
You can't have an ebay uk account by situation what you standing now
there is option to buy an uk stealth ebay account from here and sell with your own paypal.however I don't recommend that.you have very less chance to succeed with such combination.
Old 01-05-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

If Ebay UK is like Ebay USA,a seller registered as US Ebay seller would need a US address.
As for the Chinese sellers who sell on Ebay USA,they use an address of some one in USA,and some of them will dropship from an USA warehouse.
Old 01-06-2020

Quote:
You can buy one but can't create your own! Great logic.

I don't think it's me who doesn't know what they're talking about, like I said, how to you think the 100,000+ chinese sellers have .co.uk accounts.
Well fair enough but I don't think there are that many have uk account.ebay no longer the biggest B2C exporting platform for china nowdays
Old 04-30-2020

Longevity: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997turbo View Post
Well fair enough but I don't think there are that many have uk account.ebay no longer the biggest B2C exporting platform for china nowdays
which platform is?