How to contact ebay account is fully suspended? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-12-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default How to contact ebay account is fully suspended?

My buying eBay.co.uk account, which I only use for buying, I spend £1000's each month, was suspended yesterday, I am not a bad buyer, or abusive to sellers, I don't open resolution cases unless something never arrives or arrives broken.

When they suspended my account they also sent me a ton of your bid has been cancelled on various items, but they where all "buy it now" purchases, around two thirds of those items had already arrived, but I am guessing those items that have not yet been sent and some that have been sent, will of had a "don't send" to the buyer email,all paid for via PayPal, so I can at least claim their for any non receipt of items.

I would call them, but due to covid19, ebay have taken down their customer services phone lines.

With my account been fully suspended (no longer a registered user)

The contact us options are not there to use when logged into my account, no mention of times to chat with them during 8am to 8pm.etc.

But when logged out, the contact us options are there.

So I'm a bit stuck to contact ebay via my own account online.

I've tried a few different ebay contact phone numbers, but they all have the same answer machine message.

I tried to reply to the email address that I received my suspension message from, but I quickly got a message back, saying the email address is a "no reply" email address.

If I could just phone them at 8am, I'm pretty sure chatting to a phone rep, after been bounced around the call center a few times, my account would be switched back on... But currently it feels a bit hopeless.

I've messaged them via Twitter and via ebay messenger for further help (no replies yet)

Any words of wisdom? Help or advice?

Below is a copy of my suspension email, as detailed, I don't use it for selling.

Your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.

Last edited by Justwondering; 04-12-2020 at 12:35 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-12-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: How to contact ebay account is fully suspended?

Okay, the option to chat via web chat appeared at 8am this morning, I contacted eBay, they refused to turn my buying account back on, so I am now suspended.

I do have various other accounts, including selling accounts, so now I am very worried they will be linked etc.
Old 04-12-2020

Longevity: 41%

unusual for ebay to suspend a buyer account, that email message you received is what you usually get soon after listing your first item,
Something missing? have you had many reports from sellers? have you high rate of opening cases up against sellers?
Old 04-12-2020

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwondering View Post
, I don't open resolution cases unless something never arrives or arrives broken.

Sounds like too many
Old 04-12-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckev26 View Post
unusual for ebay to suspend a buyer account, that email message you received is what you usually get soon after listing your first item,
Something missing? have you had many reports from sellers? have you high rate of opening cases up against sellers?
Well I spend a lot of money each month on ebay around £4000, so there are times when things do not arrive or when things are faulty, those things are beyond my control......

But I did have a particular bad seller, they sold me some ram, it arrived, I tested it , it turned out to be faulty , so I opened a resolution case, seller accepted the return, but did not pay for eBays own return shipping and they refused to upload a label or send me money via paypal to cover return shipping costs, they called me in various messages a moron and a cheap skate for me not wanting to pay for the return postage costs, I was polite at all times and just tried to reason with the seller, but they where pretty awful.

Any way, I could not contact ebay for a while due to their systems, no phone calls, chat online not working, finally messaged them via "visually impaired / hard of hearing " option....hey presto, ebay sorted me out a prepaid returns label, sent the item back, yesterday morning, I get a message, saying ebay could see the item had returned to the seller and they would issue a refund, this I assume happened rather than letting the seller click the refund, is because I had to dispute the need for a returns label.........I therefore think the seller has got extra spiteful, contacted eBay and made me out to be a very bad guy, perhaps lied about the condition of the item , perhaps lied saying I had included a nasty letter.

So the day my return arrived, later that same day, booom account suspended.

That is me simply speculating, but I cannot think of any other reason to ban me at all, other than been lied about.

I agree upon reading the email message, it does appear that I was banned for selling reasons, but I have sold nothing on that account for either a few years or not at all...I must admit I cannot remember if I had ever used it for selling, as it was used as my main buying account.

I do have two other buying accounts, but I can see that various things are linked to my other accounts, same address, same nectar card number for points.

I have not tried to use the other accounts yet, I know they have not been banned.

I have a few selling accounts, excellent feedback, sell lots of stuff on them, high value-ish items too, mostly used.

Currently, panicking about the potential domino effect, buying and selling on ebay is pretty much my main source of income.

I am going to perhaps unlink my paypal accounts with my buying accounts, remove nectar card numbers, not sure what to do with the addresses though...need them for delivery.

Use a new account on my windows 10 computer, use a VPN on my phone and my computers to change the IP address.

One other thing, I have a load of stuff that I have purchased on eBay, so unsure if that will arrive...but I guess I will just claim via Paypal for that.

All very stressful and all a bit uncalled for and unfair !!!
Old 04-12-2020
Threadstarter  

I do feel if I could have spoken to a person over the phone, I might have had a chance of having my account turned back on, via web chat, they cannot hear the tone in your voice, or have any type of sympathy, I know eBay are not known for their sympathy, but it is better than cold text web chat.
Old 04-12-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I do feel if I could have spoken to a person over the phone, I might have had a chance of having my account turned back on, via web chat, they cannot hear the tone in your voice, or have any type of sympathy, I know eBay are not known for their sympathy, but it is better than cold text web chat.
Definitely worth a shot, why not - if you have time and effort.
Old 04-12-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Okay, the option to chat via web chat appeared at 8am this morning, I contacted eBay, they refused to turn my buying account back on, so I am now suspended.

I do have various other accounts, including selling accounts, so now I am very worried they will be linked etc.
This is a valid worry - time to exercise the knowledge of stealth and operate cleanly moving forward. And check your activity to avoid repeating mistakes that caused you to have issues in the first place.
Old 04-12-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Why not....because they've been permanently suspended following appeal so don't have the phone option.
Oddly enough, I have not had the option, or I do not think I have had the option to appeal, I was simply told this morning by webchat, that the email sent yesterday, was final, I was not allowed to make my case , it was simply a shut up and put up type response.
Old 04-12-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Your webchat was effectively you 'appeal'.
Wow, they would not tell what I had done wrong, how can you appeal against something, if they do not give a fair amount of information to say what caused the ban....very unfair form of appeal.

I started by saying help ! my account has been suspended, they said hold on, they looked and said, yes the account is suspended, they can do nothing about it ...it is final , I then tried to make some kind of case, but it was put up and shut up to begin with.

Last edited by Justwondering; 04-12-2020 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-12-2020
Threadstarter  

True, but do I need to change all my selling and buying accounts, or perhaps just use my current accounts, but change IP, new Windows 10 login account?
Old 04-12-2020
Threadstarter  

One question with regards to my buying account, I was logged in for quicker payment with my Paypal account, would simply adding a new paypal email address to my current paypal account and then using that paypal email address to buy with, would that help on my current ebay accounts.

I Have three working paypal accounts, I guess due to not been suspended for selling.

Last edited by Justwondering; 04-12-2020 at 07:25 AM.