Becoming close to impossible to open new accounts - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-25-2020

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 41%
Default Re: Becoming close to impossible to open new accounts

I personally think due to Covid / pandemic. And people being in isolation and staying at home. Ebay know there will be an influx of new sign ups / sellers. Which mean new sellers that haven't proved themselves and starting selling during an uncertain time with postal delays etc.

So they have simply switched off new sellers for now. Preventing all accounts.

OR they are checking the electoral roll or some database to catch out stealthers using phantom names / addresses.

And I think they are reducing competition on the platform. Letting EXISTING good sellers increase prices. It's more revenue for them and they also help these businesses succeed and grow. I'm definitely not complaining ...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post

OR they are checking the electoral roll or some database.

As I am sure you are aware there are companies on the net where you can see who has been registered at any UK address, now and in the past.

I know some people swear by random generated names and addresses with VPN and VCC and then they come here and say it is impossible to open new UK accounts

Think about it and then ask yourself would Ebay, Etsy et al not consider using these same companies as a 'first line of defence'?
Old 04-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
The guy that calls himself "Stealthharry" says Stealth is a **** show

He must be right then - after all he is an experienced stealther (who has never made an account) and he makes lots and lots of money (allegedly)
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigblackdog For This Useful Post:
sax4 (04-25-2020)
Old 04-28-2020

Longevity: 23%

Newbie here, but my technical abilities are IMO above average. I purchased the stealth guide and was disappointed as I have already attempted creating the accounts using the methods advised. I expected some ground breaking tip which I was missing but there was none. (I think the guide will help those who have no idea where to start, but for me personally it was a lot of commons sense).
Unless my VM is leaking information of some kind or the addresses I'm using have somehow been "burned" by someone on all 6 attempts, I'm really not sure where I'm going wrong. I have tried creating new accounts on 6 occasions, but acquiring all new SIMS and topping up each time is becoming a pain

Setup is
New IP via dongle, MIFI (I log my IP every time to ensure change)
New google email address
New passwords for ebay accounts
New PAYG phone
New addresses
New VM with Win 10
Portable Browser - FireFox & Portable Chrome
New Paypal (But I haven't even linked it yet so this doesn't matter at this stage)
Not turning off cookies or WEBGL or other tracing fingerprints as its believed this helps create a new trustworthy user fingerprint as its all contained within VM anyway

I can tell you all my newly created accounts have been blocked within the hour before any attempt to list an item.

I conclude that either:
1. ebay's detection method for stealth accounts has advanced beyond the Stealth guides usefulnes
2. ebay has implemented extremely strict rules on new accounts
3. I'm a donut and I'm missing a detail and haven't had that "light bulb" moment yet

I'm sure, here come the replies with everyone stating "3".

Appreciate any constructive feedback
Old 04-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by potty_trained View Post
Newbie here, but my technical abilities are IMO above average. I purchased the stealth guide and was disappointed as I have already attempted creating the accounts using the methods advised. I expected some ground breaking tip which I was missing but there was none. (I think the guide will help those who have no idea where to start, but for me personally it was a lot of commons sense).
Unless my VM is leaking information of some kind or the addresses I'm using have somehow been "burned" by someone on all 6 attempts, I'm really not sure where I'm going wrong. I have tried creating new accounts on 6 occasions, but acquiring all new SIMS and topping up each time is becoming a pain

Setup is
New google email address
New PAYG phone
New addresses
New VM with Win 10
New Paypal (But I haven't even linked it yet so this doesn't matter at this stage)
Not turning off cookies or WEBGL or other tracing fingerprints as its believed this helps create a new trustworthy user fingerprint as its all contained within VM anyway

I can tell you all my newly created accounts have been blocked within the hour before any attempt to list an item.

I conclude that either:
1. ebay's detection method for stealth accounts has advanced beyond the Stealth guides usefulnes
3. I'm a donut and I'm missing a detail and haven't had that "light bulb" moment yet

How far from the address you use to the mast that your mifi transmits from
Old 04-28-2020

Hi.
All within 50 miles
Old 04-28-2020

Longevity: 28%

Quote:

Setup is
New google email address
New PAYG phone
New addresses
New VM with Win 10

I conclude that either:

Have you tried contacting ebay to sometimes they want to confirm information and is paypal confirmed with vcc
Old 04-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Hi.
All within 50 miles
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Old 04-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareen101 View Post
Back to the actual point of this thread I had a similar issue, i got suspended yesterday called up ebay and they said this was a final decision. I ended the call and called up again to talk to a different rep. That rep submitted the appeal for me and the account is now reinstated. So you can open new accounts...
Yes - sometimes reaching a different agent does lead to different results
Old 04-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:

Setup is
New google email address
New PAYG phone
New addresses
New VM with Win 10

I conclude that either:

I don't do half the stuff you do to create accounts and mine are all ok.

I use a dongle to create EB and PP accounts. Where I live though is impossible to use one so have to go into town to do this. After they have been running a while, I switch to a VPN.

I have gathered a few laptops over the years and have accounts spread over them each with its own user account.

I use vodafone sims as they are free and don't need to be topped up to use. Pop into a phone and ready to go. All codes come through without a problem. Keep the sim safe and occassionally call it to keep it active.

My addresses are all real addresses.

Gmail has images disabled.

I do sometimes use a gift card on both the PP and EB account and will use that as preferred payment on the EB. I pay the fees with a one time payment from the PP. I link them straight away. The gift card balance gets used to pay for shipping.

I use a saver on the PP.

This works for me and have never had the problems others appear to have.
The Following User Says Thank You to LOMBOK For This Useful Post:
rsot (04-29-2020)
Old 04-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOMBOK View Post

I use a dongle to create EB and PP accounts. Where I live though is impossible to use one so have to go into town to do this. After they have been running a while, I switch to a VPN.

I have gathered a few laptops over the years and have accounts spread over them each with its own user account.

I use vodafone sims as they are free and don't need to be topped up to use. Pop into a phone and ready to go. All codes come through without a problem. Keep the sim safe and occassionally call it to keep it active.

I do sometimes use a gift card on both the PP and EB account and will use that as preferred payment on the EB. I pay the fees with a one time payment from the PP. I link them straight away. The gift card balance gets used to pay for shipping.

I use a saver on the PP.

You've worked it out so well done to you

It's good to read a post that does not say 'it cannot be my VPN,VM, VCC as I know they are all good'
Old 04-29-2020

Quite frankly I've been deliberately sharing IP addresses across multiple accounts now just because I thought these accounts were prone to being banned anyway as they are old ebays with new paypals attached (which is against stealth methods). To date nothing has happened. I have been in touch with customer services multiple times to sort out issues with some dodgy buyers etc and they have been sorted without any mention of my accounts being linked!

I think the ebay bots are most intense on account creation, after many months / years of consistent trading and doing well on ebays platform. They don't care anymore as you have proved yourself worthy of their "community"
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
robjobs (05-26-2023)
Old 04-29-2020

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
I've been offering accounts with 1 item sold for months, also the majority of sellers here offer feedback accounts with multiple sales and feedback.
Problem for me is most of the sellers here sell UK accounts, i had to go elsewhere to find USA accounts with sales, which i find sad tbh.
Old 04-29-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Quite frankly I've been deliberately sharing IP addresses across multiple accounts now just because I thought these accounts were prone to being banned anyway as they are old ebays with new paypals attached (which is against stealth methods). To date nothing has happened. I have been in touch with customer services multiple times to sort out issues with some dodgy buyers etc and they have been sorted without any mention of my accounts being linked!

I think the ebay bots are most intense on account creation, after many months / years of consistent trading and doing well on ebays platform. They don't care anymore as you have proved yourself worthy of their "community"
IP address issues and VeePeeN are one of the biggest lies perpetuated on the forum, just follow the money and the you find the truth
Old 04-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPill View Post
IP address issues and VeePeeN are one of the biggest lies perpetuated on the forum, just follow the money and the you find the truth
Bad IPs do cause limitations...

Its a black and white fact.
Old 04-29-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOMBOK View Post

I use a saver on the PP.

Very helpful, thank you, I shall change my method
Old 04-30-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Very helpful, thank you, I shall change my method
There's no guarantee it will work as the last time I made an account was 3 months ago. Things can change pretty quickly with EB.

I forgot to add that I never create personal accounts, just business.
The Following User Says Thank You to LOMBOK For This Useful Post:
potty_trained (05-06-2020)
Old 05-01-2020

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
The thing is that isn't normal

Accounts don't just get limited on first listing like that as standard.

Either the account creator is setting them up incorrectly or the way you are going about the first listing is triggering something.
simple as 2+2.. there no other options.
btw.. i've got strong feelings the forum is flooded by eBay, PayPal employees sniffing around.. that's all it is..
Old 05-01-2020

Is John Doe going to wait 30 days to list an item? no? so why should we? a normal person does not wait that long to list an item, in reality, they're listing it straight away after registering so it's clearly something else that is triggering the suspension and not that you decided to list straight away.
The Following User Says Thank You to vmdetection For This Useful Post:
potty_trained (05-06-2020)
Old 05-02-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdetection View Post
Is John Doe going to wait 30 days to list an item? no? so why should we? a normal person does not wait that long to list an item, in reality, they're listing it straight away after registering so it's clearly something else that is triggering the suspension and not that you decided to list straight away.
Exactly - do people seriously believe that Ebay policy is to suspend all new accounts?

For heavens sake people get a grip of yourself and face reality

Your accounts are getting suspended because you are not 'ordinary'

By that I mean the little tricks that you do to deceive Ebay trust and security have all been worked out

Everyone nowadays has some sort of social media presence - where is yours when you use a random generated name and address?

Every credit card can be tracked to its issuer

Every mobile connection can be tracked to the mast it transmits from

Every IP can be tracked to within a certain distance of your location

When Joe Soap creates an account trust and security can see that his connection is from the nearest mast to the address he has given

Or his IP comes from BT, Plusnet, Sky or any one of the other internet providers - not hidden behind a VPN.

They only have to Google his name and within 5 minutes they have his Facebook page, his twitter account and his instagram account- your random generated name has none of these

Does your random generated name appear on the voters roll?

Does your random generated name appear in a credit search?

If you name could not buy a phone on monthly credit why should Ebay believe you are genuine?

When Joe Soap creates an account he does not get suspended

When they suspend your account it is because something is not 'quite right' and so they give you an opportunity to convince them that you are good to go.

That's the so called 'first suspension'.

You failed to pass muster so now they are looking at you and giving you the opportunity to convince them you are real

Most fail at this stage

After that your account will be scutinised on a fairly regular basis until they are sure you are a good chap or chapess who will play by their rules and make them money

Meanwhile, boring old Joe Soap just keeps on selling
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bigblackdog For This Useful Post:
adrs (05-25-2020), james_112233 (05-04-2020), potty_trained (05-06-2020), vmdetection (05-04-2020)
Old 05-03-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post
Exactly - do people seriously believe that Ebay policy is to suspend all new accounts?

By that I mean the little tricks that you do to deceive Ebay trust and security have all been worked out

Everyone nowadays has some sort of social media presence - where is yours when you use a random generated name and address?

When Joe Soap creates an account trust and security can see that his connection is from the nearest mast to the address he has given

Or his IP comes from BT, Plusnet, Sky or any one of the other internet providers - not hidden behind a VPN.

They only have to Google his name and within 5 minutes they have his Facebook page, his twitter account and his instagram account- your random generated name has none of these

If you name could not buy a phone on monthly credit why should Ebay believe you are genuine?

When they suspend your account it is because something is not 'quite right' and so they give you an opportunity to convince them that you are good to go.

You failed to pass muster so now they are looking at you and giving you the opportunity to convince them you are real

Most fail at this stage

After that your account will be scutinised on a fairly regular basis until they are sure you are a good chap or chapess who will play by their rules and make them money

I feel like this is really good advice and Most people aren't aware of the systems in which we live,They live in the moment and most likely not get suspended cause they apart of the system and the ones who think they are stealthy or cocky get the suspensions.
Once the ban hammer hits, now you have to be aware of the system and blend in.

Kind of like covid19 pandemic, its a scam, and everyone is losing their freedom without even realizing it. Same goes for ebay , it has has a motive and knowing the motive is key.
The key is it wants actual people that are part of the system.

use no way as way, to have no limitation as limitation
Old 05-04-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post

Most fail at this stage

Couldn't have said this better myself.

The majority of what you have said, if one ticks those boxes I can't see why ebay will suspend you. Do the background work first before creating an account. The days of randomly made accounts with minimal work are gone. They have upped their security.