A bit of quick advice please? Potential scammer - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-10-2020
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default Re: A bit of quick advice please? Potential scammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
if he files INR and tracking shows it was delivered to the address in the Paypal payment notice and it is under $750,you should qualify for seller protection under both Ebay and Paypal policy.
But did you really ship the item 20 days before he placed the order?
then the tracking would not work
Are you being serious? Did you read the post at all? Or any of the comments? The order was not shipped before it was ordered, common sense should tell you that. Plus several people have already pointed it out in previous comments. Check the dates again, and this time try and remember that in the UK we use a different date format that in the US......
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-11-2020

Longevity: 76%

Check the sellers details on the order and you will see their phone number, give them a call and politely explain and discuss with them the situation.

It often helps to clear matters up.

When I sell expensive items on eBay, I always make a call and say thank you, plus I discuss with the buyer if the computer part they have purchased, is it definitely compatible with their hardware and offer up any tech help and a few tips too.

I find it is good customer services.

But call them up say hi...
Old 05-11-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

You said tracking and Royal Mail? I’m going to assume you mean Recorded signed for since this generally is the first type of tracking type service RM offer beyond standard post.

In which case, Is there a signature on the delivered notice online? Check the name signed for that might help the buyer as being a commercial address it could be a name they recognises like security staff or secretary. I’ve had this quite often! Usually a name rings a bell with the buyer and assured them you did send it and someone did receive it (some one they should recognise).

Either case your responsibility is proving to eBay/PayPal you sent the item on time and can be proved with the tracking beyond that you are normally protected as others have mentioned and on the past I’ve often 70/30 case resolve the issue with buyer because an item was delivered next door or signed by someone else in the case of commercial address and the name is enough for them to locate it.

The other 30% is down to scam or plain outright issue with RM so I usually follow the lost/claim procedure with RM.

Just to scare the scammers when it gets to this stage I usually say that I will contact RM who launch an investigation with the fraud team and intercepting mail etc is a criminal offence (I write it as siding with buyer and saying whoever took their parcel is in trouble lol). However if they are the scammer sometimes they will see that as a cause for them getting found out so they sometimes do write back and say they suddenly found it lol

Last edited by tmastermind; 05-11-2020 at 07:57 AM.
Old 05-11-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Must be some time since you used Royal Mail. Their standard service now comes with a QR tracking code at no extra charge, you can even buy your postage through ebay and it generates the code and tracks it through both the sellers and buyers account.

Ebay will recognise these QR codes as confirmation of delivery.
I’ve started to use ebay postage after tinsoldier recommendation, works well and like tinsoldier said the tracking is all included on ebays system so it’ll show as being delivered as far as ebay concerned
Old 05-11-2020
Executive [VIP]

Never brought postage through eBay mainly for stealth reasons just in case. I never thought the QR codes qualify for protection but if they do then I’ll look into that as always still relies on using recorded myself
Old 05-11-2020
Executive [VIP]

Just checked and yea they do but for small and medium parcels only which is a shame as anything larger than Large letter I don’t bother with RM. too expensive
Old 05-11-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

100% you get them on LL, I have done some today.
Old 05-12-2020
Executive [VIP]

Ohh good that will save me some pennies then! Nice one!