advice regarding buyer wants refund - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-09-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default advice regarding buyer wants refund

hi guys just need some advice regarding a item i recently sold on fleabay.

i sold a tv electrical part which i know 100% it was working, buyer collected item and payed cash.

the buyer was getting this tv electrical part part fitted by a shop.

2 days after he came to buy item he said the shop he put his item in to replace the part i sold him said the part is not working. and got whoever it was to email me saying item does not work.

i know 100% this part was working perfect we tested it before this buyer collected it.

i emailed seller explaining item was tested and working perfect before sold and due to nature item being very fragile and requiring professinal fitting i put no returns on my fleabay listing.

seller is trying to con me here, i think he knows who works in whatever shop he put item in for repair, he has had item repaired with the electrical part he purchased off me and is now trying to get a refund and giving me his faulty part back so hes had his item fixed and cost him nothink

this item was tested by myself so i know it was working perfect before it left my hands.

just want to know where do i stand if he opens a fleabay dispute, i put no returns on my fleabay listing and this guy payed cash on pickup.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-09-2009

Longevity: 91%

So, was that sale local? The buyer came in and received item after handed you cash for it?. This would mean the buyer had an opportunity to physically examine the item which "appeared" to be in working order and as described in your auction.
If you have in your item description "no returns" than I think you should win if buyer complains to Ebay. This was not PP transaction, so I wouldn't worry too much as PP is known to side with buyers all the time
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyda For This Useful Post:
zippy (10-09-2009)
Old 10-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

your word against his, if no paypal involved. All you need to worry about is the NEG he could leave...and that he is local (was he a big hairy biker?)
zippy (10-09-2009)
Old 10-09-2009
Threadstarter  

thanks guys for the advice.

shame i will prob recieve a negative feedback just because some chump wants to be smart and greedy by wanting the item and his money back too so only thing left for him to do is prob ruin my feedback
Old 10-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Or refund the buyer because it's an EBAY transaction. If it was fleabay, why would you care
At least try to appear professional even if your buyers are rats/chumps
zippy (10-11-2009)
Old 10-09-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%

Just Curious...

What kind of price range are we talking about for the said part?
The Following User Says Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
zippy (10-11-2009)
Old 10-09-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Disregarding the back-story...

Is one bad feedback really that significant? Is the person possibly dangerous?

If the answer to either is 'NO' and you truly in all good conscience KNOW that the item was functional, tell the buyer to go soak his/her head. If the money involved is a small amount and the feedback does matter, give 'em the money. Follow them home, and load their trees full of toilet paper well after dark. Q-tip them. Leave positive feedback worded not very nicely. Steal their girlfriend/boyfriend. You could buy a voodoo doll and MAKE THEM PAY!!!11111
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
zippy (10-11-2009)
Old 10-11-2009
Threadstarter  

guess i will have to take the negative feedback like a man if he does decide to leave me one.

im not going to refund the buyer as i know 100% it was perfect when he took it and know im trying to be conned here.

tbh this greedy....... thinks reporting me to fleabay as item not as described will get him his money back, but i did state no returns due to nature of item and he collected item so i think fleabay cant do anythink . just glad i dont accept paypal as i would of lost out big time. scary thought.
Old 10-12-2009
Vicvelcro

I have no idea why or how a person thinks that reporting anything to the unmonitored domain fleabay.com would have anything to do with an ebay complaint, but hey... some people ain't too bright I guess. If they do in fact contact fleabay, you're all in the clear for a week or so while they wait for a reply that is never coming. There's nobody there and hasn't been since the domain was registered in 2002. Must be nice to have a ZERO IQ buyer for an opponent.

No returns means no returns. I support your principle. Don't worry about a poor feedback. People don't put as much faith in that system as they did in the past.
zippy (10-12-2009)
Old 10-12-2009
Threadstarter  

thanks vicvelcro.

he has quite good feedback so very suprized hes trying to con me

but guess even some experienced fleabayer thinks we were born yesterday, shame to see this happerning really by someone with better feedback than myself.

his plan has not worked so judgement where its due.

im not 100% sure how fleabay works but im 80% sure he cant even open a complaint on fleabay as when he bought item off fleabay he paid me by paypal. i emailed him telling him cash on collection only so i refunded him his paypal payment and he then collected. item is showing as refunded on item.

Last edited by zippy; 10-12-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-12-2009
Vicvelcro

zippy,

fleabay.com is a parked domain belonging to some college that goes to a page not found error. fleabay.net is a link farm. Both already refer to somebody's intellectual property and virtual real-estate.

If you are going to make up a play-ground name for ebay, at least use one that doesn't already belong to something entirely different. I was trying to subtly drop that hint in my prior post...

Back to business:

Technically, he can open a complaint on ebay. While they won't have an easy time prying ca$h out of your fingers, they might decide in his favor and then jack your account all around. Situations like this were a partial influence on the new policy. eBay planned ahead. Since ca$h customers are frequently cry-babies, they had to come up with some way of stroking and caressing the buyer.

Upside is, you have proof of a refund. He can't prove he gave you ca$h or that the item came from you. Maybe you cancelled the deal and he got one from somebody else, and is now mad at you thus he could be lieing just to make your life complicated. At least you could 'say' that and it would be plausible (if not really believable).

Bottom line, he has no proof of purchase or payment. You never gave him anything or received anything from him.

Him having more feedback means not a whole lot. Since sellers can't neg anyone, you have no idea if he .would. have have twice as many black marks as he currently has little stars. Most sellers and buyers know about the flaws in the new feedback system, so nobody really pays attention. eBay sabotaged it deliberately to undermine feedback confidence while they peddle their DSR crap.
zippy (10-13-2009)
Old 10-13-2009
Threadstarter  

thanks vicvelcro oops i did not know **eabay refers to somebody's intellectual property so sorry about that, i was just trying to make up a play-ground name for ebay so will call it somethink diffrent in future, thanks for letting me know

Last edited by zippy; 10-13-2009 at 02:43 AM.
Old 10-13-2009
Vicvelcro

I figured that was your intent. Each time you used 'fleabay', though, it made my brain stumble a step because I would begin thinking of the other sites, not the one you intended...

I have a few 'pet' names for ebay myself, but they aren't 'family friendly'.
zippy (10-17-2009)
Old 10-17-2009
Threadstarter  

thought i got rid of this scamming buyer but he surfaced again today sending me a email

"Quote"

Following the opeining of this case with eBay's Resolution Centre, eBay have requested that I send you a final email prior to them persuing this matter with you themselves.
looks like hes also forwarded this email to ukcswebhelp@ebay.com which i think is a part of ebay ?

seems strange as i have not had a email off ebay about this matter ???

god this chump wont give up & trying anythink to try scam his money back.
Old 10-17-2009
Vicvelcro

Did you try giving him a fresh diaper and a warm bottle?

I still don't see what can be done by them. Original deal was refunded. Sale completed as local pick by ca$h.

So if it gets to the point that ebay does intervene, point out that the payment was refunded and that was the end. Deny that the second half ever happened.

If at first you don't succeed, play dumb or play dead...
zippy (10-17-2009)
Old 10-17-2009
Threadstarter  

thanks vicvelcro.

good idea mate, but he might forward my emails i sent him previously telling him that no refund will be offered as item was tested and sold working when he collected so that idea might backfire on me if i deny i delt with the chump.

tbh i dont see why i should lie unless needed, the item was working perfect when he took it but he states he put it into a shop to get item fitted and apparently this shop says the item is not working so damage must of been caused in transit when he took it or he knows whoever in the shop and hes just agreeing with the guy.

its obvious hes going to say its not working because hes trying to get his money back, but because i know item was in perfect working condition when he took it and i know hes trying to shaft me hes not getting a penny out of me.

like you said vicvelcro i cant see what ebay can do tbh as paypal was refunded and he collected in person, but this chump is trying his dam hardest to stitch me up by trying to get his money back.

Last edited by zippy; 10-17-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

If you used ebay's system for sending email then sure, they can see al the messages you sent or received. But, if you used gmail or anything else then ebay can not confirm that the email's being forwarded are genuine. Anyone could change them up when they are forwarding emails.
The Following User Says Thank You to Burning For This Useful Post:
zippy (10-17-2009)
Old 10-17-2009
Vicvelcro

That is exactly true.

Zippy, I don't suggest that you lie. I do suggest that you deny or play dumb. Tell the truth that you refunded the payment. Don't confirm that ca$h changed hands. You may hold the belief that a fair decision would commence forthwith. I hold the belief that ebay would side with the buyer if you give them one iota to cling to. It is in their interest to side with the buyer and possibly attach to your funds in PP or deduct a refund from your ebay balance. Is it wiser to trust ebay or wiser to provide selective data as fact?
zippy (10-17-2009)
Old 10-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Best thing to do is what vic said. Just act and play dumb. Don't tell them that the guy had come picked it up. Just say that you refunded the money since you felt suspicious of the buyer or someother excuse.
The Following User Says Thank You to Burning For This Useful Post:
zippy (10-17-2009)