Pass first suspension then receive another on next listing - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-19-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Pass first suspension then receive another on next listing

So as usual, you get suspended shortly after your first listing. You can either email or Live Chat and they will ask you a few questions and reinstate your account. You then list a nice, safe, used item.... few hours later and bam, another suspension.

Speak to eBay again and this time they tell you to FO

Anyone else getting this issue ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-20-2021

Longevity: 25%
Default Re: Pass first suspension then receive another on next listing

getting suspended after your first listing shouldn't be "usual". If this happens it means that the creation and implementation of your stealth account needs improvement. If you do it correctly, you should never have any suspension at the beginning. I always age the account for a few months and then start with a very cheap item on a 3 day auction. If you rush things you will get the suspension after the first listing.
Old 01-20-2021
Threadstarter  

I’ve aged accounts for a few months and then list a cheap, safe item. Still get the suspension. I’ve been creating accounts for about 7 years and never had this constant problem. Head is fried !!
The Following User Says Thank You to dishmachine For This Useful Post:
StealthHarry (01-28-2021)
Old 01-20-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishmachine View Post
I’ve aged accounts for a few months and then list a cheap, safe item. Still get the suspension. I’ve been creating accounts for about 7 years and never had this constant problem. Head is fried !!
What kind of item/category are you listing? Constant problem hmm
Old 01-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Used T-Shirt, packs of envelopes, used furniture, kitchen utensils.....
Old 01-22-2021

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Hmm ok, thats strange, something must be either linking your accounts, or flagging up on Ebay's side. When you create your first listing is it a fixed price ad or an auction? It seems to be fairly important to always make your first sale an auction, and then move to fixed price at a later stage. I used to get the first listing ban when I used fixed price listings, then I switched to using auctions for the first 5 or 6 sales and it's been fine ever since. I also switched from Firefox portable to Chrome and started using a mobile dongle instead of a VPN, so those are other area's that might make a difference, depending on your current setup
Old 01-22-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Used T-Shirt, packs of envelopes, used furniture, kitchen utensils.....
Creative and nice
Old 01-22-2021

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Creative and nice
Not really.

Throwaway comment, but what if you were to write an algorithm to detect low calibre accounts.

One of the criteria could be 'what are the typical goods of a new ebay seller' Algorithm likes business sellers selling new goods and dislikes personal sellers selling the same who would be expected to sell mainly unwanted personal effect, christmas presents, clothes with a second-hand appeal etc.

Algorithm could say what is a 'crappy combo for any new account'. Programmer inputs 'Used T-Shirt, packs of envelopes, used furniture, kitchen utensils'

Okay, it's probably not happening but if you treat the goods you sell the same as your personal info then at least try and look normal.

Just a thought.

In reality I suspect that they had their doubts about the calibre of the account before anything is even listed but what if.......
Old 01-22-2021
Threadstarter  

It was a personal account so used clothing and used furniture is pretty normal. If they put that sort of stuff into their algorithm then the amount of accounts getting banned will rocket. I’ve tried many variations of setting up accounts, all are failing at the mobile. By the way, I tether for my IP address and log them... same as I have for the past 7 year. Demented at the moment
Old 01-23-2021

Longevity: 32%

I also have the same thing happen to me all the accounts suspended a second time, I don't think it has anything to do with the article. I read about other people who also had the same thing happen to them, I contacted them, but they seem to have withdrawn. ....