MY UK MP Stealth + Real experience verifying ID checks - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-26-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
Default Re: MY UK MP Stealth + Real experience verifying ID checks

Quote:
In fact, many Chinese have passed the UK escrow payment account through the "creative" file. But forgive me for not sharing the secrets. Because eBay with fewer competitors is the best for me.
Chinese need an escrow account on Ebay?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-26-2021
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdodger View Post
@denjosh99

Great info there mate, I just have a few questions if you don't mind.
1. Are you a previously banned ebayy user so needed to go stealth?

2. How did you see that they done a credit check?

3. are the bank checks JUST name and DOB verification? mismatch address is not a problem? Don't ebayy see this as well?

4. I have made 2 MP business accounts, Both are NOT in my name, DOB, address, email, phone number. I have used MY real bank ( 2 accounts) for MP,
If I now change the account details to my REAL name and DOB but leave xxxx address will this be a big red flag and get the accounts shutdown?

5. How many times can this be done? if you have 5 accounts what are the chances of getting them through? and if you do try that many times with REAL name DOB but different bank account won't this affect the 1st one that was accepted??

These are the main concerns but I may have to ask more later lol.
Thanks for any advise and good luck to all.
Hi, answered them below:

1) Yes was suspended permanently. As have on few accounts linked to the original.

2) ebay call when i complained about why i was requiring verification. Also another blog mentioned this appearing for them so confirmed with me also getting one.

3) Did not have an issue with address. The address i chose is only 20 mins away from my current so not sure if that is why.

4) I tried it with 1 stealth changing details to a spare ID not mine (Custom) and it failed as they can see all changes we make. You know, my one which works fine, I initially did En for surname and changed and they know.

5) I dont want to have a guess to be honest, all my stealth's have failed and the one real worked. They also not basic new ones, well established. The one which works I submitted a UK passport and it shows no address so is more secure / trusted than a licence and shows no address.
Old 04-26-2021
Threadstarter  

Just to add from my points, from another blog i heard basically reason for this excess strictness is as before paypal faced legal financial risks and ebay had it easy but now its all on ebay as they wanted to change.

Meaning well, we don't know how it will go for stealth users going forward. I would not mess up a stealth as I am very strict with it but it was literally out of my hands.

I did pay charges on my stealth's for actual passport scans to match and submit and no joy. It is just annoying.
Old 04-26-2021

Longevity: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by denjosh99 View Post
This is my personal experience with stealth failing me 3 times with the new managed payments yet me deciding to use my actual details without linking address working like a charm and have a working eBay. That was for the guaranteed ID verification you will get after a certain date or earnings when using managed payments.

When you make a stealth account with managed payments and receive a certain amount of money by law (eBay adviser confirmed) your account will be flagged to requiring ID to compare to the details of the payout bank. eBay are legally made to do this hence why it will always happen.

The page where it asks for ID you will see it also wants the bottom part of a passport which gets scanned in person e.g at an airports to be fully visible. Not sure why but they ask for this if using a passport.

My stealth details which always worked did not work at all as i submitted a perfect stealth ID and they reviewed the information and came back saying of course it does not match the bank name and billing addresses. Also that this person does not exist but they refused to elaborate on that.

My actual new one I made followed my actual name but registration address, email & mobile no were fresh got the set up fine and i waited a few days and began selling. When the same thing occurred as a certain amount was reached, I added my ID (genuine) and submitted and it was reinstated within 6 hours no problem. Was surprised how fast it was and no issues. Name on registration has to match bank or it will not work. Addresses were not the same but was no issue as the name was the main part and I guess location I chose was not too far away anyway.

I also saw they ran a light credit check so that would have been impossible to get around on stealth so it seems im back to normal and have to be super careful not to get it suspended. The bank was a new account I opened easily calling the bank prior so had the fresh card and bank ready as well.

I live chat after it was all good asking why a credit check was run and they said to make sure I am a real person and it is all good. They also briefly without being direct confirmed they checked my personal info such as full name with the bank to make sure it matched and im guessing DOB which also matched.

This was my experience with it all and being in the UK i cannot seem to find a way of getting around the managed payments with a stealth.

If you need any other parts of it answered, I will answer the thread messages so all good.

Thanks
Was this registered straight onto MP?

To confirm did you register an actually address which would show on your credit report?

Old 04-26-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
One more thing I forgot to ask....Did you enter the bank manually or trustly?
I did it via Trustly. To be honest, this section not many people have had issues with. Just those who got bad stealth statements. Real or stealth this bit can be fine but the check which everyone seems to be unable to pass is the 2nd one for ID. Since they seem more responsible legally for finances since leaving paypal like other people said these checks seem to literally confirm or deny is someone exists and ebay dont take chances.

Also now saw on Aspkin forums they check the balance someone said it came as a pop up when signing up so i missed that.
Old 04-26-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lally6677 View Post
Was this registered straight onto MP?

To confirm did you register an actually address which would show on your credit report?

I registered straight away into MP yes. And address was not my main, one 20 mins away. But they from what it seems do the checks after you have submitted a form of ID. UK passports done show addresses so must have been identified as real from the actual information and passed.

Was literally passed within hours while i was thinking oh man another ban as all my stealths did this regardless. Paid for ID's which quality pass paypal etc but this they did not. Also passed ebay when i was told to submit to prove my ID and supplier receipts when i over crossed my monthly limit before managed payments. Seems they added something which is more official to check and flag issues.
Old 04-27-2021

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 46%

So no matter if you do it via Trustly they will always request physical ID (passport/ driver license) at a later stage, even if all the info matches. Is this 100% correct?, are we sure?

Last edited by dune; 04-27-2021 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-27-2021

Longevity: 45%

My passport is real but it has expired last year can i still use it as ID ?
Old 04-28-2021

Longevity: 61%

SO what are we thinking for existing accounts? Address does not have to match but name and dob must? Is DOB a definate. Got a great account from around 2011 with near name, can I change the name then go ahead and agree to MP?
Old 04-28-2021

Longevity: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
True - figure some algorithms at play
So you can only have 1 ‘stealth’ account, albeit in your own name, as you can’t use the same passport as I’d more than once.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimbo1001 For This Useful Post:
ak_am (05-22-2021), james_112233 (04-29-2021)
Old 04-28-2021

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%

Turned over 50k+ on a account with MP and haven't been asked for ID yet ...

If you use trustily and you're on the electoral roll. They know who you are.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
WestHammer (04-28-2021)
Old 04-28-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
@denjosh99

Great info there mate, I just have a few questions if you don't mind.
1. Are you a previously banned ebayy user so needed to go stealth?

2. How did you see that they done a credit check?

3. are the bank checks JUST name and DOB verification? mismatch address is not a problem? Don't ebayy see this as well?

4. I have made 2 MP business accounts, Both are NOT in my name, DOB, address, email, phone number. I have used MY real bank ( 2 accounts) for MP,
If I now change the account details to my REAL name and DOB but leave xxxx address will this be a big red flag and get the accounts shutdown?

5. How many times can this be done? if you have 5 accounts what are the chances of getting them through? and if you do try that many times with REAL name DOB but different bank account won't this affect the 1st one that was accepted??

These are the main concerns but I may have to ask more later lol.
Thanks for any advise and good luck to all.

Hi, i replied back not long after the post but cannot see the post anymore. Same with other peoples reply. Not sure if it was removed if it was against policy in any way but not sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to denjosh99 For This Useful Post:
rogerdodger (04-28-2021)
Old 04-28-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post

Thats good. I guess work around is by not using Trustily and getting documents matching a stealth ID. Did you get no 2nd verification request for ID at all?
The Following User Says Thank You to denjosh99 For This Useful Post:
rogerdodger (04-28-2021)
Old 04-28-2021
Threadstarter  

I managed to successfully do it with a STEALTH ACCOUNT! I made a new post on the previous page of how I did it. Let's all get back to stealths!
Old 04-28-2021

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post

Can they not see personal info if you use Trustly?
Old 04-28-2021

[QUOTE=denjosh99;1151447]Hi, i replied back not long after the post but cannot see the post anymore. Same with other peoples reply. Not sure if it was removed if it was against policy in any way but not sure.[/QUOT
Yes, I did read your reply, Thanks for that.
ps, it is still up, not sure why you can't see it now?
Old 04-28-2021

Quote:
Thats good. I guess work around is by not using Trustily and getting documents matching a stealth ID. Did you get no 2nd verification request for ID at all?
I am thinking the same but didn't you already say you have previously tried this method and failed? also what documents would you use? it seems a xxxx passport won't work if they are really running them through a database check. I am pretty handy with photoshop and can make a mean driving license but this is also being run through a database I assume? so will also fail. I can make utility bills and bank statements no problem.

The way I read it so far is that you must make a new MP account with real name, dob, xxxx address right from the start then link to your bank. then upload real passport and xxxx statements or utility bills when asked for id.

I'm guessing if you are trying to switch stealth to real name, dob they will ask "why the name change?" (This is what I will try to do with my MP accounts over the next few weeks and will see how it goes).

I think I'll make a new biz account with real name and dob XXXX address also and let it sit

The main concern here is how many accounts can we get away with? can we have more than just one? and if we use our real passport this will probably link them all together and get them all banned so is it worth the risk ? lol

Lets hear what people think?
Old 04-29-2021

Longevity: 87%

I would be amazed if they had access to passport or drivers licence numbers. Both are Government agencies, both are heavily under data protection laws. They wouldnt allow a commercial entity (let alone a foreign one) anywhere near them.
The Following User Says Thank You to WestHammer For This Useful Post:
cpm (05-01-2021)
Old 04-29-2021

Quote:
I registered straight away into MP yes. And address was not my main, one 20 mins away. But they from what it seems do the checks after you have submitted a form of ID. UK passports done show addresses so must have been identified as real from the actual information and passed.

Was literally passed within hours while i was thinking oh man another ban as all my stealths did this regardless. Paid for ID's which quality pass paypal etc but this they did not. Also passed ebay when i was told to submit to prove my ID and supplier receipts when i over crossed my monthly limit before managed payments. Seems they added something which is more official to check and flag issues.
Yeah, they are running soft credit checks as you said. Which you would fail as the address would not match.

I wonder if they still ask for documents, if you pass the soft credit check
Old 04-29-2021

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lally6677 View Post
Yeah, they are running soft credit checks as you said. Which you would fail as the address would not match.

I wonder if they still ask for documents, if you pass the soft credit check
Address would not match with what?
I think that address doesn't necessary have to match, it is not something to be concerned about. You could be living/ selling in different addresses and they could be different than the one on your electoral roll or bank.

Last edited by dune; 04-29-2021 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-01-2021

Longevity: 92%

I can't believe you guys, hankering head over heels for these verification checks. Forget it people. Bay/pp are not worth it. They certainly have no authority to collect peoples' ID. In fact it is illegal and their T&C that they dish out is a means to coerce you. If these companies had a viable business they wouldn't need to verify your ID, much less put the onus on you to prove to them who you are. This is the ultimate entitlement insult to users.
The Following User Says Thank You to cpm For This Useful Post:
ak_am (05-22-2021)
Old 05-03-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpm View Post
I can't believe you guys, hankering head over heels for these verification checks. Forget it people. Bay/pp are not worth it. They certainly have no authority to collect peoples' ID. In fact it is illegal and their T&C that they dish out is a means to coerce you. If these companies had a viable business they wouldn't need to verify your ID, much less put the onus on you to prove to them who you are. This is the ultimate entitlement insult to users.

From the Trustly T&C's at MP sign up.

ttps://trustly . com/_/legal/?privacypolicy=en
3. What personal data do we process about you?
Depending on how you interact with us and for what purpose, we collect and process different types of personal data about you. In order for you to more easily understand what type of personal data we may process about you, we have categorised the personal data into the following categories, including data elements:
Identifying Information - first name, last name, home address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, nationality, personal identity number/passport number/identity card number and end-user ID.
Order Identifying Information - information identifying an end-user s payment, such as order id number, message id, notification id and the time when the transaction was made.
Financial Information - sending and/or receiving bank and bank account number and account balance at the time of the payment.
Device Information - IP-address, type of device, operating system and browser information.
Behaviour Information - how end-users use our payment service and/or how website visitors interact with our websites.
Please note that this is the maximum amount of personal data that we may process about you for the purposes covered in this privacy policy. Depending on how you interact with us and for what purpose, we may process less information than what is presented above.
The Following User Says Thank You to rogerdodger For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (05-04-2021)