MY UK MP Stealth + Real experience verifying ID checks - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-25-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Default MY UK MP Stealth + Real experience verifying ID checks

This is my personal experience with stealth failing me 3 times with the new managed payments yet me deciding to use my actual details without linking address working like a charm and have a working eBay. That was for the guaranteed ID verification you will get after a certain date or earnings when using managed payments.

When you make a stealth account with managed payments and receive a certain amount of money by law (eBay adviser confirmed) your account will be flagged to requiring ID to compare to the details of the payout bank. eBay are legally made to do this hence why it will always happen.

The page where it asks for ID you will see it also wants the bottom part of a passport which gets scanned in person e.g at an airports to be fully visible. Not sure why but they ask for this if using a passport.

My stealth details which always worked did not work at all as i submitted a perfect stealth ID and they reviewed the information and came back saying of course it does not match the bank name and billing addresses. Also that this person does not exist but they refused to elaborate on that.

My actual new one I made followed my actual name but registration address, email & mobile no were fresh got the set up fine and i waited a few days and began selling. When the same thing occurred as a certain amount was reached, I added my ID (genuine) and submitted and it was reinstated within 6 hours no problem. Was surprised how fast it was and no issues. Name on registration has to match bank or it will not work. Addresses were not the same but was no issue as the name was the main part and I guess location I chose was not too far away anyway.

I also saw they ran a light credit check so that would have been impossible to get around on stealth so it seems im back to normal and have to be super careful not to get it suspended. The bank was a new account I opened easily calling the bank prior so had the fresh card and bank ready as well.

I live chat after it was all good asking why a credit check was run and they said to make sure I am a real person and it is all good. They also briefly without being direct confirmed they checked my personal info such as full name with the bank to make sure it matched and im guessing DOB which also matched.

This was my experience with it all and being in the UK i cannot seem to find a way of getting around the managed payments with a stealth.

If you need any other parts of it answered, I will answer the thread messages so all good.

Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to denjosh99 For This Useful Post:
7elmet (06-03-2021), Bradd (04-27-2021), chawus (05-09-2021)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-25-2021

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: MY UK MP Stealth + Real experience verifying ID checks

So good that in underdeveloped countries like Latvia such checks do not take place.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
sax4 (04-25-2021)
Old 04-25-2021

Longevity: 25%

Thanks for the info ))

so in a nutshell - real name, bank with real name & DOB is whats needed. home address doesn't matter?
Old 04-25-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
So good that in underdeveloped countries like Latvia such checks do not take place.
Lucky, but the market for what I sell is UK based. Tried advertising with a EU account via UK and doesnt work out or majority of use would be doing it.
The Following User Says Thank You to denjosh99 For This Useful Post:
ak_am (05-22-2021)
Old 04-25-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukseller1 View Post
Thanks for the info ))

so in a nutshell - real name, bank with real name & DOB is whats needed. home address doesn't matter?
Yeah, Im using a Dedicated IP, fresh one and made a new account in my name and DOB. New email, random address and new mobile. I also did not list for 4 days and made really cheap purchases to be delivered or digital items so some history built up. Also bid on items I knew I will be outbid on.

When you make the business account, it asks you to join managed payments by default so at the same time you link the bank etc in your name. So when checks come later, they can see all adds up.

When they asked to verify managed payments they just looking to make sure you exist and did the checks i mentioned above. No chance a stealth would pass them unless you actually using someone else's ID who exist.
Ukseller1 (04-25-2021)
Old 04-25-2021
Threadstarter  

Would like to add, I know people with 8-12 year old stealth's who got shut down since the managed payment change as eBay so strict for some reason any suspicion they just shutting us down. I think the credit checks and wanting the scannable passport image makes it impossible but lets hope people may find a work around long term.
Old 04-25-2021

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by denjosh99 View Post
Lucky, but the market for what I sell is UK based. Tried advertising with a EU account via UK and doesnt work out or majority of use would be doing it.
Putting item location as UK and putting main address as UK does not help?
Old 04-25-2021

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
When you make a stealth account with managed payments and receive a certain amount of money by law (eBay adviser confirmed) your account will be flagged to requiring ID to compare to the details of the payout bank. eBay are legally made to do this hence why it will always happen.
Any idea what that amount is roughly?

So you can make a MP account without ID initially, is that correct?
Old 04-25-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPill View Post

If your using your own real details yes
Old 04-25-2021

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
If your using your own real details yes
How are they checking the name? by sending a deposit to your bank then withdrawing it, to check the match?

And how would the address be checked, electoral roll?
Old 04-25-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%

Well if they can't find you on soft search they ask for you to upload ID which is one of best way at the moment and accounts get verified within few minutes
The Following User Says Thank You to e2free For This Useful Post:
denjosh99 (04-25-2021)
Old 04-25-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
Putting item location as UK and putting main address as UK does not help?
Had no joy in recent times when I tried doing this. But the way it seems, all accounts will be used with MP by the end of 2021 it seems so even personal might not be worth it long term for me.
ak_am (05-22-2021)
Old 04-25-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Yeah, I made account without ID initially. Just when making MP at first it asks me to link bank so made sure my actual info used which works with bank but any address on ebay as it wont be an issue at the ID check alter. I sold 2 £250 items and got the payout within 2 days and after that I got the hold for ID. I had also sold 5 items in total so not sure if it is 5 items or around £500 they ask.
Old 04-25-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
How are they checking the name? by sending a deposit to your bank then withdrawing it, to check the match?

And how would the address be checked, electoral roll?
When I linked my other bank to a stealth the first time it did not ask for name so thought all was good and bank added. When I go to view the bank I added on eBay it showed my actual name I never wrote anywhere before on ebay as is stealth so they would have instantly flagged it im guessing from that point.

Luckily on my stealth accounts, when the hold came into place I did not ship items so imagine sending and you have a stealth that needs checking. You wony get the money back as I was being told by UK law they have to hold the funds so was only around £20 lost for me. Imagine someone selling and posting a laptop and it happens, would be screwed.
Old 04-25-2021

Longevity: 20%

Surely they cant perform such checks with accounts from 3rd world countries using a local ID instead of passport??
Old 04-25-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENDEN76 View Post
Surely they cant perform such checks with accounts from 3rd world countries using a local ID instead of passport??
They can, they can read the passport and ID cards they are using 3rd party companies verify if its genuine

Last edited by e2free; 04-26-2021 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-25-2021

Longevity: 18%

@denjosh99

Great info there mate, I just have a few questions if you don't mind.
1. Are you a previously banned ebayy user so needed to go stealth?

2. How did you see that they done a credit check?

3. are the bank checks JUST name and DOB verification? mismatch address is not a problem? Don't ebayy see this as well?

4. I have made 2 MP business accounts, Both are NOT in my name, DOB, address, email, phone number. I have used MY real bank ( 2 accounts) for MP,
If I now change the account details to my REAL name and DOB but leave xxxx address will this be a big red flag and get the accounts shutdown?

5. How many times can this be done? if you have 5 accounts what are the chances of getting them through? and if you do try that many times with REAL name DOB but different bank account won't this affect the 1st one that was accepted??

These are the main concerns but I may have to ask more later lol.
Thanks for any advise and good luck to all.
Old 04-25-2021

Longevity: 25%

What ID does it ask you for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denjosh99 View Post
Yeah, I made account without ID initially. Just when making MP at first it asks me to link bank so made sure my actual info used which works with bank but any address on ebay as it wont be an issue at the ID check alter. I sold 2 £250 items and got the payout within 2 days and after that I got the hold for ID. I had also sold 5 items in total so not sure if it is 5 items or around £500 they ask.
Old 04-26-2021

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 46%

"and came back saying of course it does not match the bank name and billing addresses"

For this sentence could we conclude that eBay can see your real (billing) address on the bank account (I am not talking about credit card) or can get it from 3rd parties?

Last edited by dune; 04-26-2021 at 02:36 AM.
Old 04-26-2021

Longevity: 18%

One more thing I forgot to ask....Did you enter the bank manually or trustly?
Old 04-26-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
They can, they can read the passport and ID cards they are using 3rd party companion verify if its genuine
True - figure some algorithms at play
Old 04-26-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7k7 View Post
In fact, many Chinese have passed the UK escrow payment account through the "creative" file. But forgive me for not sharing the secrets. Because eBay with fewer competitors is the best for me.
Yes anyone can no secrete about it
The Following User Says Thank You to e2free For This Useful Post:
Bradd (04-29-2021)