PayPal and Vero (not on ebay) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-12-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default PayPal and Vero (not on ebay)

Hi There.

I am selling cosmetics and beauty products on one of my ebay accounts, and recently listed a GHD hair straightener. It was taken down stating it was a Vero violation (it is original, not ⊗⊗⊗⊗).

What I was thinking of doing to overcome this is to create an auctiva ecommerce store (users can see my ecommerce store products [which are not listed on ebay] when browsing my auctiva ebay store).

This way I can cross-sell and not be hit on ebay for Vero.

What I was wondering is if anyone knows PayPal's stand on Vero items when they are not sold through ebay. I know if you manage to sell any Vero item on ebay, paypal will place an instant block on the account. But will they do this if the item is sold via a non-ebay site (as with my auctiva ecommerce store)?

I know auctiva are planning to add Google Checkout to the list of supported payment methods soon, but no idea exactly when this will be done.

To make a long story short, does anyone know if it is safe to sell a product that is potentially vero using paypal without ebay? Or should I just wait for google checkout to be introduced to Auctiva ecommerce?

Any advice or knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

if paid via paypal , you can still be hit with SND or NR dispute.

You can get chargebacks with googlecheckout too, but more rare.

GHD have a hot rights owner, but you could fight that one if you have proof of purchase etc..
Old 11-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

I wouldn't hold my breath trying to fight it. I bought a bulk batch of Adidas t-shirts from large chain sportswear store and had receipt, serial numbers photographed in listings etc. I listed a few of them, when I checked the next day listings were pulled and account closed down. Sent loads of emails to ebay just received automated response.
Old 11-13-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
if paid via paypal , you can still be hit with SND or NR dispute.

You can get chargebacks with googlecheckout too, but more rare.

GHD have a hot rights owner, but you could fight that one if you have proof of purchase etc..

Thanks for the reply. I understand that there can still be disputes with paypal, but the GHDs are not ⊗⊗⊗⊗ chinese junk, they are original GHD stock, with the serial numbers, able to register with GHD etc.

What I am concerned about is not an after sales dispute, but with paypal placing a hold regardless of any dispute just because it is a Vero item.

I had that problem before when I sold a (original) copy of Microsoft Office 2007 (which I got as a package with a new PC, which I never used and listed on ebay with receipts). The sale went through on ebay with no problem, but then as soon as payment was made to my paypal account, BOOM my account was restricted immediately.

So what I need to know is will paypal restrict my account if I sell an original Vero item outside ebay? Or do they only really worry if it is an ebay sale?

I would prefer obviously to use Google Checkout, but need to wait for Auctiva ecommerce to introduce it (which they have stated they will be doing, just cant find out when exactly).

Thanks for your time
Old 11-13-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath trying to fight it. I bought a bulk batch of Adidas t-shirts from large chain sportswear store and had receipt, serial numbers photographed in listings etc. I listed a few of them, when I checked the next day listings were pulled and account closed down. Sent loads of emails to ebay just received automated response.

Thanks for the response, but the question was about selling Vero items outside ebay and accepting payment via paypal.
Old 11-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

They will restrict your account wherever it is sold from, the newer the account and the more expensive the item the more likely it will be limited. If its real and you have proof, then you should be fine once you send the information they ask for.
Old 11-13-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
They will restrict your account wherever it is sold from, the newer the account and the more expensive the item the more likely it will be limited. If its real and you have proof, then you should be fine once you send the information they ask for.
Thanks. Much appreciated
Old 11-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

the only thing you will avoid by not using ebay, is the partucular rights owners or snitches that monitor ebay - that said, there are alot of them so not a bad thing. You will also avoid the ebay goes down for vero therefore pp goes down too scenario.

rest of paypal limitations and dispute systems are the same, regardless.
Old 11-13-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
the only thing you will avoid by not using ebay, is the partucular rights owners or snitches that monitor ebay - that said, there are alot of them so not a bad thing. You will also avoid the ebay goes down for vero therefore pp goes down too scenario.

rest of paypal limitations and dispute systems are the same, regardless.
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. I think I will just wait until Google Checkout is integrated into Auctive ecommerce then.

Will be great when it is, as cross selling from ebay items to items you do not really want to list on ebay will be quite effective IMO. Just throw up some cheaper items on ebay similar to your main stock, and then run an Auctiva ecommerce store. Users will be able to see all your items (ebay and non-ebay) by visiting your store via the ebay link. Will be evry interesting once GC is brought in
Old 11-14-2009

Why not just use google checkout now and switch to moneybookers. I only accept moneybookers on ebay, no paypal, and in the invoice I give them the option of using google checkout or moneyorder and then send a seperate invoice for that and I get plenty of sales.
Old 11-16-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuntz View Post
Why not just use google checkout now and switch to moneybookers. I only accept moneybookers on ebay, no paypal, and in the invoice I give them the option of using google checkout or moneyorder and then send a seperate invoice for that and I get plenty of sales.
Unfortunately in the UK ebay, paypal is mandatory on all listings. Also, most users do not know of moneybookers. There is also no option to add Moneybookers as an easy checkout option on ebay UK like there is on US. Moneybookers transactions have to be done manually (cannot add it as a payment option within checkout). All this together cost me many sales in the past when trying to implement your suggested method.

Thanks for your reply and assistance though. Much appreciated
Old 12-04-2009

Longevity: 86%

the same situation here. i am waitting for the GC as well.