Ebay Verification with a mobile phone number (UK) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Ebay Verification with a mobile phone number (UK)

Once you have set up an ebay account and made it into a sellers account for ease of contact you can then change the contact phone numbers around.

What I mean is when you register as a seller you CANNOT use a mobile phone to complete the registration, however once you have used a landline to verify, you can then switch the landline number (if you still want it) to the secondary postition and the mobile phone number to the main contact (first position)

points to note

1) Sim providers often let you activate a mobile but you will have to put some credit on the sim within 30 days otherwise they de-activate the sim card and you get the message (sim card registration failed)

2) If you can try to juggle it so that you are actively using the mobile sim card as your main phone, if you have a problem with ebay then you can easily dump the sim card (my preference so that I will always be available and buyers can contact me)

3) I add this same mobile to Paypal so they can also contact me if they have any problems.

Point is it is best to be available now if they need you. I lost an account as I had a dead sim card as main contact and I got the message from ebay that my contact details were incorrect, 24 hours later account suspended.

You can get loads of free sim cards online, the best is

Free Sim Card

My personal favourite is Tesco as they give you lots of free credit.
The Following User Says Thank You to NZT For This Useful Post:
luverlyjuberly (02-18-2010)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-23-2010

Longevity: 82%

I order bulk sim cards $300 for 1000 i use them for my use and also sell them on ebay so yea its all good they all T- Mobile and work fine without me topping it up.
Old 02-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Once you have set up an ebay account and made it into a sellers account for ease of contact you can then change the contact phone numbers around.

What I mean is when you register as a seller you CANNOT use a mobile phone to complete the registration, however once you have used a landline to verify, you can then switch the landline number (if you still want it) to the secondary postition and the mobile phone number to the main contact (first position)

points to note

1) Sim providers often let you activate a mobile but you will have to put some credit on the sim within 30 days otherwise they de-activate the sim card and you get the message (sim card registration failed)

2) If you can try to juggle it so that you are actively using the mobile sim card as your main phone, if you have a problem with ebay then you can easily dump the sim card (my preference so that I will always be available and buyers can contact me)

3) I add this same mobile to Paypal so they can also contact me if they have any problems.

Point is it is best to be available now if they need you. I lost an account as I had a dead sim card as main contact and I got the message from ebay that my contact details were incorrect, 24 hours later account suspended.

You can get loads of free sim cards online, the best is

Free Sim Card

My personal favourite is Tesco as they give you lots of free credit.

You cannot verify using mobile phone can you ??
Old 02-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

^^ nope, neo just said that

major point though, voip and virtual landline providers are getting annoyed with multiple purchases of a number and then cancellation or signing for contract but not paying past a month or two....so try not to be abusive, as we have some anecdotal evidence from forumers of consequences coming from that ...
Old 02-15-2010

I managed to get a phone number from work, so now i just need to link my ebay account with a verified paypal, as we can no longer use old paypal/add email etc. So i opened new paypal account all stealth ofcourse, I just wondered one thing: To verify my paypal i have to add sort code and account number, therefore, i just wondered if i could give them my CURRENT ACCOUNT i.e. sort code/account no. ALTHOUGH, I have used the CARD to pay ebay fees before so would they link?? when you pay via credit card, will the person know your account details will they ?? & im going to be using that paypal to accept money and paying my fees via vvc entropay so do you think it will link ?? am i making sense?
Old 02-15-2010

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
I managed to get a phone number from work, so now i just need to link my ebay account with a verified paypal, as we can no longer use old paypal/add email etc. So i opened new paypal account all stealth ofcourse, I just wondered one thing: To verify my paypal i have to add sort code and account number, therefore, i just wondered if i could give them my CURRENT ACCOUNT i.e. sort code/account no. ALTHOUGH, I have used the CARD to pay ebay fees before so would they link?? when you pay via credit card, will the person know your account details will they ?? & im going to be using that paypal to accept money and paying my fees via vvc entropay so do you think it will link ?? am i making sense?

Used the debit card for that account to pay ebay fees, so can i use the sort code and account number for my new paypal ??? thanks
Old 02-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^Yaz,

everything needs to be new. If you use the same (old) sort code and bank account that will link you. Link is bad very bad
Yaz (02-16-2010)
Old 02-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

you can use a bank card or a vcc, the good thing about vcc is YOU control the funds, as they can only take what is loaded
Old 02-15-2010

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post

What I mean is when you register as a seller you CANNOT use a mobile phone to complete the registration, however once you have used a landline to verify, you can then switch the landline number (if you still want it) to the secondary postition and the mobile phone number to the main contact (first position).

Occasionally eBay does not recognise my computer because i have had to delete cookies. They send me a new number code by message or telephone call. Will eBay always use the mobile number to send this code?

Last edited by luverlyjuberly; 02-15-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-16-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Once you have initially verified and set up a sellers account. if you put your mobile number as primary contact they will always give you the option to receive the code at that mobile number.

They will also allow you to use the secondary number if desired.

Its best to try not to make a habit of deleting cookies if possible, even though they will send you a new code, doing it too many times will likely raise flags.

Set up another user account as cookies are not shared.
The Following User Says Thank You to NZT For This Useful Post:
luverlyjuberly (02-18-2010)
Old 02-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
you can use a bank card or a vcc, the good thing about vcc is YOU control the funds, as they can only take what is loaded
why cant i use the entropay vcc to pay for something, tried but doesnt work? used to verify ebay and paypal, and worked ok, so im afraid if i load and cannot make the ebay fees? pls help, have i done anything wrong?
Old 02-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^Yaz
can you elaborate? Has the card got enough funds to purchase the item? What are you doing? PM me if you want.
I just used entropay for a purchase with no problems.

eta: paid fees on Thursday on UK account no problems
Old 02-22-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

It must either be a lack of credit on the VCC or a digit wrong.

If these are both rectified it should work ok.