UK Suspension and Problems - new member - getting linked - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-08-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default UK Suspension and Problems - new member - getting linked

hi guys..... this is my first message as a member, i was pointed in this direction by a colleague of mine, who said i might find help here. Im following up this point of vero items and staying under the radar, can anyone confirm for me whether in the UK it is possible to buy/set up accounts that avoid the "inevitable" so to speak.

Also i see the point about a merchant account but this isnt possible in the UK so i am thinking that paypal is the only way to trade. therefore you have to register your bank details with them and cant these companies track you down via your bank details????
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-08-2008

they can track you based on the details you've provided on paypal but not on the REAL details through your bank account. aka you can lie about ur name, adress etc on paypal but youd have to use your bank account #. they wont be able to find out if the name you provided matches with the name your bank has but as long as your bank account isnt taken down you're ok. If it gets taken down you need a new bank acc number as well as a new paypal, IP etc. as the helpful members of aspkin forums once told me, if you get taken down, you gotta become a new person. everything has to be new about you.
Old 09-08-2008

Longevity: 93%

Mangler, as you probably know in the UK we have the data protection act which protects our sensitive data from being shared between companies, so take my word for it, for the time being, paypal cannot see your real name and your bank will not share your real name or your real address with paypal even if they request this information.

As for a merchant account, this can still be done but you will need to accept paypal on your listings and then try and steer your buyers towards your merchant account, again this is not easy and you will most likely lose alot of sales, so yes paypal is the only viable solution.

Last edited by digitaliz; 09-08-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-09-2008
Threadstarter  

ok cheers, Johnny / digitaliz, very helpfull

however, this may start sounding very stupid, but if you cannot be traced back through paypal based on bank details provided, why are people using VCC's to verify their ebay and paypal accounts.... what is the benefit?? i must be missing something here??

also Johnny.... when you say "taken down"?? do you mean paypal removing those specific bank details from your verified account therefore having to set up a new paypal and opening up a new bank account, i mean you say "become a new person" do you really mean identity theft by this or am i going way too far here?????
Old 09-09-2008

taken down i mean as in ebay blocking your account by either suspending you and/or linking and suspending other accounts you might have based on the same bank accounts they share, which in that case would mean your account is "taken down" or blocked by ebay also.

lol by becoming a new person i don't mean identity theft. Don't forget I'm talking from the point of view of a suspended / blocked user. If you provide the same info ebay will always link and suspend you. Therefore you're just making up aliases or "⊗⊗⊗⊗" info when making your new account. The bank info you have on that bank acc is still you, your real info you provided to the bank. Its just that when it comes to ebay and setting up new accounts after being previously suspended, all your info has to be new so that they simply dont link you back to your suspended account. This is the reason why some users use website name makers. You're not stealing any ones identity you're just making up one for yourself.
Old 09-09-2008
Threadstarter  

ok so if i have been previously blocked by ebay or suspended indefinately then the bank account that is registered to my paypal can no longer be used in setting up a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ebay and paypal right????

i am assuming in this case that i would then have to go to whatever bank and set up a new bank account in order to proceed with opening up new accounts??
Old 09-09-2008

Longevity: 91%

Correct. The bank account number cannot be used on another PP account.
Either a new account in that bank or another.
Old 09-09-2008

pretty sure you'd have to start a new paypal too. Dont think you can just add a new bank acc to the same ppaypal that had the suspended bank acc because i think ebay/pp trace the names too once the bank acc on file is suspended. Am i right quasi?
Old 09-09-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

If an ebay account is suspended and the matching paypal account is limited, then all and any information there is now tainted. The next step is a new ebay account, a new paypal account AND therefore new bank details
Old 09-10-2008
Threadstarter  

This forum is a great help, thanks to all for replying.

basically what happened to me was that ebay picked up on a vero item i was selling and sent several of my customers who had bought similar products a standard mc081 email or something similar, this consequently sparked customers to raise disputes in paypal etc... and now paypal have decided to close me down also..... its an absolute nightmare..

so in this particular case, i understand that there is literally nothing i can do but open up a new account with the bank im with (That accepts dd's yeah??) and a fresh ⊗⊗⊗⊗y Ebay + PP account.... Delightful... dont you think?????

Am i missing anything guys , i think ive covered all i need to, but any further comments are welcome.....
Old 09-10-2008

Default same

im in this same boat
Old 09-10-2008
Threadstarter  

pretty harsh aint it gooner, but my main concern is not setting up the new paypal accounts and ebay etc.... its if the new account gets "taken down" again relatively quickly then i got 2 bank accounts which i cant use.....

how do you get around that one???
Old 09-11-2008

Mangler, no way to get around that, the only practical solution is to follow everything outlined in the book to the letter, and to obviously stay under ebay's radar, the best way to do this would be to no sell on your new account for 30 days, but if you want to sell earlier, you need to be sensible about it and it is better to get a business account, as that is what businesses do, they sell, where as most new ebay members only sign up to get rid of their old junk, and later branch into mainstream selling.
Old 09-12-2008
Threadstarter  

ok mate nice one quite clearly i may have to buy this book... staying under ebay's radar would be great, and is what i intend to do, hopefully anyway, at the moment im waiting on a new bank account so im stuck. not selling for 30 days seems a tall order unless i find another already existing account to use in the meantime....

business account?? now what is that in? paypal or ebay or both, sounds like a good idea though.

cheers
Old 09-16-2008

Mangler is you're going to be doing serious volume on ebay it's best to get a business account, you sign up for the seller account in the normal way and then upgrade to business from your seller dashboard, you just need to provide ebay with some basic details and you're good to go.

Changing to business account is the same at paypal's end, upgrade to business, provide some details about what you will be selling, you're DBA, "doing business as name", also you don't need to give a VAT number or anything, it's pretty straightforward.
Old 09-16-2008
Threadstarter  

oh, ok ill look into this then!! thanks again
Old 09-24-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaliz View Post
Mangler, as you probably know in the UK we have the data protection act which protects our sensitive data from being shared between companies, so take my word for it, for the time being, paypal cannot see your real name and your bank will not share your real name or your real address with paypal even if they request this information.

As for a merchant account, this can still be done but you will need to accept paypal on your listings and then try and steer your buyers towards your merchant account, again this is not easy and you will most likely lose alot of sales, so yes paypal is the only viable solution.
so would i be able to open a new bank account in my name and address and set up a new paypal account with this account and paypal & ebay will not see my name or address and link me,

is this correct

thanks
Old 09-24-2008

What does c.d.a. stand for?
Can't Discover Answers?
Can't Discover Anything?
Old 09-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.d.a View Post
so would i be able to open a new bank account in my name and address and set up a new paypal account with this account and paypal & ebay will not see my name or address and link me,is this correct
thanks
Have you EVER thought about trying to look some information BEFORE you make a post?
This has been discussed MANY times.
Take 5 minutes of your life and do a little of your OWN research.
You might even learn a little in the process.
People are getting tired of you not looking before you are asking.
Old 09-24-2008

Yeah, I showed him how to search using Google back on the 17th.
Old 09-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Might C.D.A. mean Complete Deficit Attributions? Beginning to think some OPs reckon that posting their question many times will get an answer.

Anyone for fairy tales? Peter and The Wolf?
Old 02-22-2010

Longevity: 92%

I wonder if Mangeler is still here. Instead of setting up a new identity, why don't you contest the original eBay decision which banned you from selling VERO protected merchandise. Your items were legitimate weren't they?