Card One Banking - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-06-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Card One Banking

I have came accross this company, offer a banking account.. It does not allow DD, but i have a number of paypal accounts which are verified at the minute..

I registered with them today and i got a bank account number and sort code right away.. Am i right in saying as my paypal is already verified i can add this as a savings account and withdraw without verifing this account?

HELP ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-06-2010
Threadstarter  

And does the card one account show up on your credit file? If you do an experian check ?
Old 02-06-2010

Longevity: 82%

No credit checks according to their website, but they may submit reports. If there is any talk about improving your credit rating that is your clue.

I would guess that Paypal still needs to verify this by placing the two small desposits into the card one banking.

But it looks good apart from the £30 sign up fee and the £12.50 monthly charge.

Last edited by bode; 02-06-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-06-2010
Threadstarter  

is this just effectively an expensive bank account ?
Old 02-06-2010

To be honest yes, they are aimed at people who "can't" get bank accounts and charge you dearly for it.

Free options if you have no decent credit ratings:
Nationwide Basic
Co-op cashminder (not sure if it has online banking)

Free Business Accounts
Santander Business banking with optional free Business Reserve account.
Alliance & Leicester Business.

There are probably more...you could maybe check other debt forums or moneysavingexpert etc.
Old 02-06-2010

Longevity: 83%

I believe if this bank as you said above doesn't support DD then paypal will not accept it even if your account was verified before on another account as paypal will send the Direct Debit request to this bank and ASAP this bank refuse it paypal will remove it from your account

thanks
Old 02-07-2010

Default Card one banking

Yes , if your account is allready full verified then you can withdraw funds into your card one banking account without sending the 2 small deposits , but just one question , don't you have to send the 2 small deposits to become fully verified in the first place ?

Anyway , i can confirm that i have used card one banking to withdraw funds from paypal without sending the 2 small deposits first .

Oh, and btw, card one banking are going to introduce dd facilities within the next 2 months so soon you will be able to become fully verified and send the 2 small deposits with card one banking.

Yes, card one is expensive , but it's a guaranteed bank account , you'll get it as long as your not asama binladen ,
If you have thousands tied up in a paypal account then who gives a stuff about the reg & monthly fee's .

It worksd and it's guaranteed !
The Following User Says Thank You to ihatescams For This Useful Post:
oompaloompa (02-07-2010)
Old 02-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

yes, hope out there for all you desperados
Old 02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatescams View Post
Yes , if your account is allready full verified then you can withdraw funds into your card one banking account without sending the 2 small deposits , but just one question , don't you have to send the 2 small deposits to become fully verified in the first place ?

Anyway , i can confirm that i have used card one banking to withdraw funds from paypal without sending the 2 small deposits first .

Oh, and btw, card one banking are going to introduce dd facilities within the next 2 months so soon you will be able to become fully verified and send the 2 small deposits with card one banking.

Yes, card one is expensive , but it's a guaranteed bank account , you'll get it as long as your not asama binladen ,
If you have thousands tied up in a paypal account then who gives a stuff about the reg & monthly fee's .

You can even withdraw mooney on unverified account by just adding a bank account and same day when you add bank account you can send withdraw request money will reach to your account in 3-4 days and paypal will wait for 10 days for 2 small transactions and then will remove it from your paypal account you can repeat this process upto 500£

thanks
Old 03-15-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Default Card one Banking

I am waiting for my card one card to come just one question, when you want to add this to pay pal, what do you put for Branch Location and Bank Name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatescams View Post

Old 03-17-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Any help anyone? :(
Old 03-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

^ good question!
Old 03-17-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Maybe someone will
Old 03-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

same as any online bank I presume, whatever they have as contact details online or in writing should suffice, its got a PO box in Chester
Old 03-19-2010

Longevity: 84%

Sounds better than a loofah sponge.
Old 03-24-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

I have added my details to paypal and did a withdraw, but it has now been near to 2 days and it just says "pending". I marked it as a current account as the lady at cardone said it is not a saving account. Is it normal to take this long? usually the pending turns into complete after 24hours, any advice?
Old 03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I have added my details to paypal and did a withdraw, but it has now been near to 2 days and it just says "pending". I marked it as a current account as the lady at cardone said it is not a saving account. Is it normal to take this long? usually the pending turns into complete after 24hours, any advice?
It takes 24hours and 12 min The total time and then every transaction converted to completed in paypal. I believe its not something with your bank but the information you entered maybe wrong while you added the bank account As if account would be an issue then this transaction should reversed after 24 hours to 48 hours. I believe it maybe an issue of current and saving account if your account is saving you must say saving account.

thanks
Old 03-25-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

It has now been over 48hours and payment still says pending, funny thing is, it hasn't been returned yet. I know there are people out there who have used card one and I had great hopes for this card as I was going to get it on all the accounts, but no joy till now.

Any help, anyone?
Old 03-26-2010

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
It has now been over 48hours and payment still says pending, funny thing is, it hasn't been returned yet. I know there are people out there who have used card one and I had great hopes for this card as I was going to get it on all the accounts, but no joy till now.

Any help, anyone?
Dude, do you've any updates? I'm planning to apply for card one banking to use it for paypal withdrawal. Looks like it's better to wait to see if you get it working before I apply. What was the branch name you used?

Thanks
Manas
Old 03-28-2010

I believe there is Now some thing new in paypal when some one first withdraw his money to bank now ?? I think its not the case of Card One bank only now.

I recently setup the new account and on 26th March 2010 I withdraw 15£my first withdraw to my bank and it is still panding more then 48 hours passed?? and from my another paypal account which was not my 1st withdraw took only 24 hours and 12min and its complete. I trnasfer money from both paypal accounts with 15min difference of time and my new paypal account withdraw is still pandding ?? Is there any one else have same issue?

The only difference b/w my old and new paypal account is the new one have bank attached is current barclays business account? and old one is current barclays normal account.

It must be paypal have implimmented some thing new on paypal first withdraw??

Last edited by aslam; 03-28-2010 at 02:39 AM.
Old 03-28-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

On the 4th day it went from pending to complete Go ahead and apply for yours, in fact get one on all your pp accoutns, this cardone thing seems very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manas View Post
Dude, do you've any updates? I'm planning to apply for card one banking to use it for paypal withdrawal. Looks like it's better to wait to see if you get it working before I apply. What was the branch name you used?

Thanks
Manas
Old 03-28-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Does it work for USA people?