MC010 on 2 new accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-27-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default MC010 on 2 new accounts

hi, what am i doing wrong here?

just a note, im currently out of my home country and so my ip address is not from the same country as my ebay accounts. this isnt a problem for my freinds account and my girlfriends accounts, they can still log in and use them as normal.

i setup a new account. i then straight away made it into a business seller account and listed a standard 1p item. within minutes i got an MC010 warning and my listings were canceled and i had to sign up for the phone verify thing. I did this but they never called? so i signed up for it again and they never called i just got suspeneded.

i setup another account, with similar details but different using all stealth rules etc. this was working for around a week, i had bought a few items and received feedback. i then made it into a seller account and it was still working fine. i bought a few more items. i then signed up for auctiva on this account and it asked me to verify my phone number because it was signed in from a different computer which i did. then when i listed an item within a few minutes i got hit with the MC010 saying they needed to verify my identity. Im going to request the call back and hope it goes ok.

they have not linked my accounts, just suspended with this MC010.

what am i doing wrong? is it because im outside my country with a foreign IP address?

I signed up for a seller account a month or two ago, listed some items straight away and bought some items straight away and that all went fine and its still working. i was in my home country though. ive never had this problem before.

i dont want to keep wasting credit cards signing up then getting this message so can i have some ideas please

thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-28-2010
Banned

Longevity: 91%

No i would say its not the ip address unless your in Nigeria or some other lawless internet country.
Old 04-28-2010

what a pity.i am sorry to hear that

I think one reason is your computer is going with virus and some one bad guy had came into your account...
Old 04-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@zhuwh, you have to be kidding.

@jimsters,
Most new accounts are getting these MC010. All ebay wants to do is have you prove you are you. Bottom line might be being in HK, using another computer with auctiva thus making the account look 'strange'. You might be lucky with the call.
No point to say friends do this or do that as their accounts will be very different.

Until you go back to the UK, your flag is to stay as HK. It really makes a difference with answers.
Old 04-28-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsters View Post
hi, what am i doing wrong here?

just a note, im currently out of my home country and so my ip address is not from the same country as my ebay accounts. this isnt a problem for my freinds account and my girlfriends accounts, they can still log in and use them as normal.

i setup a new account. i then straight away made it into a business seller account and listed a standard 1p item. within minutes i got an MC010 warning and my listings were canceled and i had to sign up for the phone verify thing. I did this but they never called? so i signed up for it again and they never called i just got suspeneded.

i setup another account, with similar details but different using all stealth rules etc. this was working for around a week, i had bought a few items and received feedback. i then made it into a seller account and it was still working fine. i bought a few more items. i then signed up for auctiva on this account and it asked me to verify my phone number because it was signed in from a different computer which i did. then when i listed an item within a few minutes i got hit with the MC010 saying they needed to verify my identity. Im going to request the call back and hope it goes ok.

they have not linked my accounts, just suspended with this MC010.

what am i doing wrong? is it because im outside my country with a foreign IP address?

I signed up for a seller account a month or two ago, listed some items straight away and bought some items straight away and that all went fine and its still working. i was in my home country though. ive never had this problem before.

i dont want to keep wasting credit cards signing up then getting this message so can i have some ideas please

thanks
Hi Jimster exact thing happened to me on couple of 2 month old accounts but I used ip of the country i'm registering but signig up for uk account.
Did you verify ebay with vcc as i heard some you still can?
or just verified paypal with vcc then link to ebay?
when registering did you use mobile/landline for contact?
I used mobile and did not get call back, they just emailed me wanting docs on 1 account the other was suspended. I might try a landline number with call forwarding to my mobile to see if that helps.
Is this the end of days for foreign accounts being able to register ebay uk?
Old 04-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

@billy:
There was some glitch last week with ebay uk registrations. Ive not heard anything more in the past 24 hours.
Old 04-28-2010

Hi GB sorry, I wasn't sure where to change the flag as it was defaulted to uk flag when I registered to the forum. No I'm from uk but living and working here for the time being.
Glitch I hope they have sorted it...
Do you think it would raise flags if I register a uk number forwarding to my thai mobile or try to get a vitual thai number or any call forwarding number? as my location are registered in thailand.
billy
Old 04-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Should be OK, billy, to get the call forwarding to the mobile. Lots of expats in Thailand doing much the same.
Old 04-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Yeah i got the mc010 and they just call and you have to verify 3 questions. Prior address, etc...
Old 04-28-2010

Ok thanks GB i'll give that a try as i have found that they do not call mobile numbers.
billy
Old 04-28-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythefish View Post
Ok thanks GB i'll give that a try as i have found that they do not call mobile numbers.
billy
You can use mobile numbers on Thai accts
Old 04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter View Post
You can use mobile numbers on Thai accts
Hi trotter I know you can register with thai mobile numbers which I have on numerous accounts, but if you have recently registered a new seller account in the past few months these accounts get hit with MC010 as soon as you list your first vero/non vero item, which have not happened on my older backups. Once you get call back schedule and you choose time and registered mobile number did ebay call you back? Please confirm?
Whith my experience they did not call me back and 1 of my newer accounts got suspended because i waited longer than 48 hours after i scheduled a time and the second account i emailed when the scheduled call back time had past and they want photo id and confirmation that the item listed I have in possession which I do so not too much of a problem but there asking a drivers license/passport.
Do they not accept tempory thai drivers license which has photo?
billy
Old 04-28-2010
Banned

Yes thai driving licence should be fine.

Last edited by vetus; 04-28-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-29-2010
Threadstarter  

hi, well ive just got another mc010 on another account.
ive set ebay to call me back tomorrow so ill see how the phone call goes.
its all real info apart from name slightly changed.
it was setup with a real visa in my own name and the phone number i used was a uk voip number.

are ebay doing this on ALL new seller accounts or just some?
if its all accounts then obviously mine will all get this, if its not then its another reason which could be my hong kong ip address.

surely all new uk seller accounts dont have to have the phone verify now do they?

is there any way people are getting new uk seller accounts and not having this mc010 thing appear on their account? what steps are you taking to get a new sellers account and not get hit with this?

previously, the newest account i know of being created was a family members around 2 months ago and they could list and sell straight away. ive also got another account from around 3 months ago registered as a business seller account which listed items straight from the account setup with no problems at all. so is it a new thing, or something im doing triggering this?

thanks
Old 04-29-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsters View Post
hi, well ive just got another mc010 on another account. ive set ebay to call me back tomorrow so ill see how the phone call goes. its all real info apart from name slightly changed.
it was setup with a real visa in my own name.
If u were suspended and then used the same info apart from slightly changing your name then of course your gonna get jacked, read the Stealth Book mate.
Old 05-07-2010
Threadstarter  

quick update.
i didnt get a call back from ebay when i scheduled it for and then after that got suspended and they ask for id and proof of item etc.

so i got a family member in the uk to setup an account.
they setup and account, registered their cc and posted an item.
the item went online and shortly after they got the mc081. they didnt even get asked to schedule a phone call. they got asked for id etc straight away.
they also got a phone call from the cc company stating that ebay wanted to take £1 off their card and was this ok, they responded that it was ok.

now they are from the uk, legit card and details etc and got hit straight away.
so i assume all new accounts get hit right away.
the only common things on these is that im using brand new ip phone numbers every time.

the uk ip phone numbers actually work, and ebay call the no when signing up to verify with the code which works fine.

could the fact that its an ip phone no in the standard free ip number format be causing this or is it just the standard practice now?

am i doing something wrong, or is this now standard practice?
seems a bit strange to me.........
Old 05-16-2010

Longevity: 80%

I've been getting MC010 recently when creating new stealth accounts on eBay UK, and have been asked to schedule a call with eBay.

However, every time I schedule a call with them, they never seem to call back.

The last time I had a live chat with eBay representative, they say that I must send three documents - proof of name, proof of address and proof of items.

Has anybody managed to get pass this, either by sending them ⊗⊗⊗⊗ documents or avoiding MC010 all together?

I've even tried creating a new stealth account, letting it rest for a couple of days, buying a legit item on ebay and once I start listing (just one time) I got the MC010 within minutes.
Old 05-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

yes, it is possible to get past it, if you provide the info they want...but its really down to convincing them and possibly other factors, like your goods and suppliers, if thats what they are asking, no set formula...

as per your other thread, we are thinking of ways to avoid it, or perhaps just take the chance that it happens randomly..

one other possiblity Ive thought of, not as likely but maybe the number you gave to them to create seller account, wasnt sounding right or unavailable for some reason when they checked.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 05-16-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-21-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to imhim

i got that months ago on my other ebay account.
Old 05-21-2010

Did they just ask for your receipt? Or together with driving license etc?
Old 05-21-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to imhim

oh yh... they asked me for ID... I didnt really mind, I wasnt doing anything bad... Just needed to sell...

I think it is just something for ebay and paypal to say "right, we have this hard document on file", so it protects them or whatever, if it goes to court... I dont really think they check up on it... I gave them a voip number on the receipt... i didnt receive a call... still got reinstated...