Opening new acc questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-01-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Exclamation Opening new acc questions

Would be ever so greatful if someone can answer some questions for me

So i want to open a new ebay acc asap to let it mature as i want to start selling again ASAP

BUT i dont have all my new bank details through yet, so i was wondering can i open a pp acc to let it mature without adding banking details straight away?

also i am going to be using my new acc on a new user profile as suggested by the Stealth Book. On this profile is it wise to ONLY access this account on it and say no check emails from a previous linked email account?

lastly i am going to use my partners parents house for phone verification as the number is clean, and wanted to do it this week while they are on holiday.lol so would this be ok to do without having any bank accounts attached yet?

Massive thanx in advance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

yes you can open it all up and add bank later,

I had a buying account for few months, then I turned it in to a seller acc afterwards

ok emails - big subject, in terms of pics and ip - gmail is meant to be safe, (same with if you set up another account with correct settings eg. yahoo, however ip can be shown on these accounts, so do not reply via ebay), but if you want to be extra safe, stay on unique screen - depends which emails you reply to, anything that goes direct to ebay via yellow button, will of course connect you to your login page..., but any other emails, eg direct to buyers email are ok..

there has been talk here about the reply to potential buyer without having their email eg memberabc@ebay.com, it goes via ebay to the buyers email, you could always make sure you change ip, just in case there is a glitch and ip shows up somehow (although i doubt this really matters unless they are specifically looking out for you) - there was a gmail glitch a few months back for some users....I sometimes remember to, but usually I dont tbh.......

so you want to make a seller account, thats what you want phone for right? or is it to do paypal location verification? NO, the bank needs to be attached and then you can do this....you will only be asked for phone verification, again , once attached, in any case, so no point doing it before hand...

my advice? dont get your would-be out-laws involved without their knowledge, get your own number..

Last edited by oompaloompa; 06-01-2010 at 04:47 AM.
Old 06-01-2010
Threadstarter  

Just got the inlaws permission now, my number has been taken so cant use it again which is a shame
Old 06-06-2010

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigle View Post
Just got the inlaws permission now, my number has been taken so cant use it again which is a shame

Why dont you ring bT and get your number changed? Its free
Old 06-06-2010
Threadstarter  

im not with BT, with talk talk