eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Warning! Entropay is no longer useful for ebay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/21613-warning-entropay-no-longer-useful-ebay.html)

crazyfrog 08-14-2010 05:28 AM

Warning! Entropay is no longer useful for ebay

A strange thing happened.I really can't figure it out.Does anyone know why it would have happened.
I normally use stealth accounts without any problems,I am careful about ip addresses,cookies,flash cookies, and all other unique information like new paypal, new bank account, new entropay card etc etc, BUT this time story was different.

I got a MC081 FPA notice and my account was suspended.
Upon making several contacts I was told by ebay that, this suspension is due to the credit card I have on file.Their system detected some fradulent activity or flagged because of this.
NOW, I could have never used this card before as I created it then and there and simply added to ebay.There are two things that I need to figure out.

1- I normally delete all cards after few months from my entropay card account.Is there any possibility that a deleted card number could be reassigned.i know it doesnt make any sense but could I be ?

2- My ebay account didnt get suspended right away after adding this card.It took 5 days to get suspended after adding the card to the ebay acccount.

I am really confused. I have a brand new laptop on which I used this account and brand new IP address so It cannot be my fault for sure.

crazyfrog 08-14-2010 05:31 AM

P.S. I sold 30 items less than 10pound value in those 3 days, which I always do, so that couldnt be a problem at all and even if that was a problem, then why ebay is pointing their fingers at the cc.

oompaloompa 08-14-2010 06:48 AM

the credit card, they said so , you are 100% sure??

well this would make sense as vcc are used more by stealthers (and also scammers) than ordinary ebayers....

I think this couples with the selling, that may be seen as quick feedback, you may have triggered a flag. Although, when you say less than £10, do you mean .01-.99p items?

We have had similar reports, but it is hard to piece together exactly the causes, I think
2 or more factors can trigger it, I for one am not a big fan of vcc anymore for this reason..

stickmade 08-14-2010 07:26 AM

After hearing this im thinking of staying away from VCC. I mean ebay aren't stupid i mean they could just flag your account immediately because you've registered a VCC.

So your doomed from the start, gift cards may be safer

zmajns 08-14-2010 08:27 AM

Anyone had a similar problem ? I have seen MC081, but randomly

sax4 08-14-2010 09:04 AM

I have just created an account with an Entropay VCC. What are the alternatives to VCC then?, I think there is another way of verifying EBay accounts but doesn't that involve ID?. Wouldn't gift cards receive the same scrutiny as a VCC?

zmajns 08-14-2010 09:09 AM

To be honest, i don't think this is entropay based. When they want entropay out of system, they will do it easily, you won't be able to even register with it.

GreenBean 08-14-2010 09:16 AM

Doesn't make sense. IF entropay was taboo, then paypal would throw you off.

I'm more inclined to go with the account's activities raised flags and that with entropay made the problem. We need more facts & info from other users :spy:

oompaloompa 08-14-2010 09:24 AM

exactly entropay isnt taboo, its more subtle than that, its a combination of activities and data that triggers a flag, you can still use entropay to make just a buyer account or a seller account, that isnt the issue, its either just random luck or its 2 or 3 factors (we know not which exactly)

I just think, if you CAN take a vcc out of the equation, it may reduce your bad luck. Put it this way - last few accounts have been made with real cards, they are already up and running, the last vcc made one got a limitation as soon as started selling, probably random but maybe not..

sax4 08-14-2010 09:26 AM

When you say real cards, you mean CC and Debit Cards?. If you apply for alot of bank cards won't that hit your credit rating. Or are you talking about gift cards?

moloko 08-14-2010 09:43 AM

Use entropay all the time, never had or have any problems at all.

crazyfrog 08-15-2010 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 158377)
I think this couples with the selling, that may be seen as quick feedback, you may have triggered a flag. Although, when you say less than £10, do you mean .01-.99p items?
n..

I called ebay again and this time spoke to their supervisor to see if somehow , I could get more information as the fact that not everyone gives same amount of information.If you are lucky, some people will tell u specific reason for suspension like it happened in my case.
They are saying that, my account was flagged because of the credit card on file.They think that it might be a stolen card.I mean WTF? I don't want to believe that entropay have re-assigned a cc ,which was previously used by a suspended member or a con artist.

No, the items I sold were 8 to 10 pounds in value.I always carry out careful and same procedure.I don't blame the luck.Also, I couldn't have made a mistake ,because this is a brand new laptop I was using along with a new internet connection.WHAT COULD I HAVE DONE WRONG?
The only reason I could think of ,if entropay itself is not the issue, is that ENTROPAY has re-assigned a card number to me, that was used on ebay before by a suspended member.

I dont see any problems with selling the items I sold, as for no doubt they are not listed in high risk category.I always do that, over almost a year and a half, this is the first case.

Guys, tell me one more thing, when we store a credit card on ebay, is ebay able to verify the card issuer, even if you have just registered the card and haven't made any transactions yet (except the obvious 1st authorization to allow ebay to charge future monthly fees).

moloko 08-15-2010 05:18 AM

I place cc by going to site map and update credit card on file, but as a default ebay charges from paypal. CC only need for ebay store. Why you need cc for ebay?

GreenBean 08-15-2010 05:27 AM

I'm in overload, have you purchased anything on ebay with this card? Have you signed into your entropay account to check the numbers AND for the sake of of all users, have you raised a support ticket with entropay ro say you had problems with a 'number'. Say ebay said it's a stolen card & ask them wtf they have done to you if your checking of the numbers matches. I've never heard of any card number being reused ever:spy:

crazyfrog 08-15-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moloko (Post 158813)
I place cc by going to site map and update credit card on file, but as a default ebay charges from paypal. CC only need for ebay store. Why you need cc for ebay?

In order to use turbo lister for scheduling listings.
To sell on ebay.co.uk and use turbo lister for scheduling purposes, you must place a credit card on ebay OR set up a direct debit.

Anyone, If I am wrong please correct me.

@Greenbean.
I have just iniated a support ticket in entropay. Let's see when they respond.

GreenBean 08-15-2010 09:31 AM

@crazyfrog, OK, be interesting to see what entropay say.

You do know you could have used auctiva & paid them off ebay thus giving you a later of protection for your account? :ranger:

crazyfrog 08-16-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 158838)
@crazyfrog, OK, be interesting to see what entropay say.

You do know you could have used auctiva & paid them off ebay thus giving you a later of protection for your account? :ranger:

No I don't know about auctivia thing.
Also Entropay has confirmed that, all card numbers are unique and are not re-asigned, not even by mistake as the same system generates them.Even if they were to reassign, the expiry date would still be different.
It makes a lot of sense to me.

Hey, There is another thing I can now imagine what could have happened.

I have purchsed 10 items off ebay using the same account that was suspended, and I once received phone call from the seller saying that, they received call from whoever received that item, that you dont live at that address.
That person who received the item, who was in fact living at that address, could possibly have reported to ebay or maybe the seller reported to ebay, becuase the seller sent me an email asking for my address.

Is there a good way to avoid this situation in future...
I normally make up 10 feedback scores by buying items on ebay.but obviously those items will get posted to the stealth address and someone can report to ebay again...YOU MIGHT BE LUCKY ,AS I HAVE BEEN IN THE PAST, BUT AT SOME OCCASION IT COULD SCREW, AS THIS TIME IT HAPPENED TO ME.

WHAT do you say GreenBean.

moloko 08-16-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrog (Post 159096)
Also Entropay has confirmed that, all card numbers are unique and are not re-asigned, not even by mistake as the same system generates them.Even if they were to reassign, the expiry date would still be different.

I have purchsed 10 items off ebay using the same account that was suspended, and I once received phone call from the seller saying that, they received call from whoever received that item, that you dont live at that address.
That person who received the item, who was in fact living at that address, could possibly have reported to ebay or maybe the seller reported to ebay, becuase the seller sent me an email asking for my address.

I normally make up 10 feedback scores by buying items on ebay.but obviously those items will get posted to the stealth address and someone can report to ebay again...YOU MIGHT BE LUCKY ,AS I HAVE BEEN IN THE PAST, BUT AT SOME OCCASION IT COULD SCREW, AS THIS TIME IT HAPPENED TO ME.

Buy products which are not shipped, like ebooks, pictures and other stuff over 1$.

Stigger 08-16-2010 01:46 PM

I'm not sure about all this buy it thing, really

i mean for the last 6 years i have opened accounts and started selling straight away.

my account usually go to the proverbial thingamabob through my own doing, never bought anything at all

i would think businesses that join ebay do so with only one thing in mind .

Anyhow different horses for different courses i suppose .

moloko 08-16-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TizWoz (Post 159150)
I'm not sure about all this buy it thing, really

i mean for the last 6 years i have opened accounts and started selling straight away.

my account usually go to the proverbial thingamabob through my own doing, never bought anything at all

i would think businesses that join ebay do so with only one thing in mind .

Anyhow different horses for different courses i suppose .

Yes you can do in your way, but buying feedbacks makes business more faster. This is up to you. There are lot of people that writing with hands, not with computers, I like to speed everything and make money right away. Why waste time?

Stigger 08-17-2010 03:23 AM

the best way is to forget about feed back and open a basic shop, you have loads more searchable key words that apper in google, just watch your counters go through the roof ....:amen:

PS :another thing to do is use somthing like a seo web submission tool for that store adress .

GreenBean 08-17-2010 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrog (Post 159096)

I say PTL it was not entropay that was the problem :)
Look at using auctiva instead of turbolister.
More seriously, have an address that you can access. What we have are stealth accounts but should use real addresses to complete the image;)