Cant make any profit due to PP holds - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-16-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Angry Cant make any profit due to PP holds

Does anyone else have this problem?

Paypal have put an alert on the home screen that they will be holding everything i earn for 21 days. Seems also even if i get positive feedback the payment is still held until the 21 days has passed

So all the profit i am getting, is going on ebay fees (even adding my own money) and the profit i am making is still being held and going on suppliers so its an endless cycle of not even withdrawing a penny into my bank account

does anyone else have this problem? and how long will this last. Its not exactly fair

Sorry for the rant but i think its pathetic that they are doing this
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

This is a very heated topic right now - so many posts - sadly tis the way right now =(
Old 09-16-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 81%

I didnt realise alot of people were struggling with the same thing. Not making it easy for businesses to take off
Old 09-18-2010

Longevity: 92%

If the conditions aren't suitable, what you do is leave as so many have.
Old 09-20-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Skype™ to ebayerOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigle View Post

Paypal have put an alert on the home screen that they will be holding everything i earn for 21 days. Seems also even if i get positive feedback the payment is still held until the 21 days has passed

So all the profit i am getting, is going on ebay fees (even adding my own money) and the profit i am making is still being held and going on suppliers so its an endless cycle of not even withdrawing a penny into my bank account

does anyone else have this problem? and how long will this last. Its not exactly fair

i have the same problem but now i have been suspended due to a complaint i had all cos i couldnt keep up with sending items buying stock paying fees and my rent and the same i was using all the money i had even so i was skint every week all because of paypal holding every penny its so so unfair now days you cant earn money without money what a horrible world
Old 09-20-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigle View Post

As far as I am aware, Paypal only does this when you are a relatively new seller/buyer but once you sell above a certain level the money is released immediately but I honestly can't remember if you have to sell like 25 or 50 things or something... but definitely after selling a certain amount the money is released automatically.
Old 09-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by worththewait View Post
As far as I am aware, Paypal only does this when you are a relatively new seller/buyer but once you sell above a certain level the money is released immediately but I honestly can't remember if you have to sell like 25 or 50 things or something... but definitely after selling a certain amount the money is released automatically.
This is not exactly the case, I have started selling on accounts with 0 feedback on a relatively new account (1-3 months old) and get no holds. My items ARE Vero but they do not sell for much (~$20 a piece). After I sell say 20-30 items, I get the hold message. That's when I move on to the next account and hold buyers for feedback. However, I HAVE sold some high ticket Vero items (1-2) for over $200 with no holds. I usually only sell 1 per account, doing more on a new account is too risky, but when you have 5 seller accounts you can spread them out.

THE KEY IS TO LET YOUR ACCOUNTS AGE!! THE OLDER THE BETTER!!

The #1 thing that fustrates me the most is feedback. Buyer seems to not care about leaving feedback. Ebay seriously needs to think about this if they are imposing this new hold policy. SELLERS DONT GET PAID UNLESS BUYERS LEAVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK! They need a 5 day automatic positive feedback policy. I am sick of emailing and messaging buyers to leave feedback with no response.

Last edited by aking; 09-20-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-20-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Skype™ to ebayerOG

thats exacty why i messed up i kept emailing people to leave feedback just got no answer all the time and i just run out of my own money i was using then the cancel my account and say they dont want nothing to do with me well what about my bloody money they still got why the hell do paypal take the p**s
Old 09-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

Im not sure what your selling, but I wouldn't tie all your money in paypal holds. Maybe sell 1or 2 items at a time and list more once your funds are released. We all know Paypal's game, the key is to be smarter than them.
Old 09-21-2010

Longevity: 78%

Could you not switch to something like CCNow?
Old 09-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

ccnow pays every 2 weeks plus add 5 days for transfer so its not exactly any better

Thing that needs to be done, and its not easy, is to try and have your system float. Meaning you are always month ahead. So you have money now from last month and sales this month you will get/use money next month. I know its not easy. But somehow you need to be covered or it will just be stress and financial problems.

If you need the money from PayPal to run business now and pay bills now [understandable] then the system is not the best for you. You simply can not count on the money being in your hands in a few days. Many people wont be able to front a months worth naturally. So then start slow and add more every few weeks.

But its very important not to count on money from PayPal. Holds, limits or worst case a 6 month wait are always hanging over you. Its unfair, yes. But that's the system and to "hope for the best" will just land you in trouble
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
ebayerOG (09-23-2010), surcerouche (11-03-2010)
Old 09-21-2010

Longevity: 92%

Yes with PP, "hope for the best".