snow has ruined one of my good accounts grrr - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-13-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default snow has ruined one of my good accounts grrr

ebay should bloody wiseup, the wholesale country has been hit by weather delays because of snow, ebay should have suspended dispatch times ratings, i have recieved 6 1 or 2 stars in the last week, im begining to hate these dsrs its so hard to keep on top of them because of idiot people leaving unfair feedback, rant over!!!!!

glad aspkin taught me how to make backups though
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I'm expecting that we will get an amnesty from ebay. We did last time.

Get this for Royal Mail. Account based in the South EAST. We arrange and pay for the full International Signed package delivery. Naffin' expensive item. Buyer is fine with this. Get told it will ship via London. Parcel is in the MIDLANDS now. Been sat in that dump for 4 days.
Lot of grovelling going to keep the buyer on side.
Old 12-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Yep, I wont be getting TRS on one of my accounts on the 20th because of this.
Old 12-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

I remember when Katrina hit I seen a TON of negative feedbacks for poor folks that had shipping stopped dead for very obvious reasons. Some buyers don't care about anything and believe the internet is magic and trumps all known laws of physics.
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
Markk (12-13-2010)
Old 12-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
I remember when Katrina hit I seen a TON of negative feedbacks for poor folks that had shipping stopped dead for very obvious reasons. Some buyers don't care about anything and believe the internet is magic and trumps all known laws of physics.
haha, yeah tell me about it... The amount of times I've been screamed at as if I control the weather.
Old 12-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

You wouldn't believe what it took for me & my partner to get the normal shipping out today. The midwest US has just been HAMMERED with a ton of snow. It's been snowing for two days where I am. Depending on the location we are all under between 6" - 20" of snow.

As to the situation in Europe, Amazon had a red message for sellers (and maybe buyers???) showing that any shipments to/from the EU could be delayed due to inclement weather.
Old 12-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

I received an email this weekend [Think it was from France] asking what I planned to do about the snow slowing down mail... Seriously, what in the world can you say to that question? I said there was nothing I could do. But anyone that would ask that question will not be happy with the answer. Lucky for me it wasn't an ebay sale. But still, what did they think I would say??? "I play cards with God on Monday's, I will see what he can do..."
Old 12-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
I received an email this weekend [Think it was from France] asking what I planned to do about the snow slowing down mail... Seriously, what in the world can you say to that question? I said there was nothing I could do. But anyone that would ask that question will not be happy with the answer. Lucky for me it wasn't an ebay sale. But still, what did they think I would say??? "I play cards with God on Monday's, I will see what he can do..."
This is the reason I HATE selling children's products around the holidays. No, I don't hate kids, I love kids. But parents can be unreasonable, ESPECIALLY if their child is upset on Christmas morning because that special book didn't get there in time. These are usually the same households where it really shouldn't matter, since there are about $4k in other gifts around the tree....
Old 12-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

I just checked my tracking on all my orders and i have a dozen that haven't updated anything new since Thursday. Its going to be a crappy week....
Old 12-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I've just checked a status for the next delivery pick up for a UK address. Nothing until 4th January 2010. Guess it can get delivered in time for Christmas 2011
Old 12-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

There's no compromising with some people. I mean some people expect it to be there the next day when its seen normally. eBay needs to get with the program, I know that weather conditions in the UK rarely cause much problems but even 1 day a year can ruin an account.
Old 12-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by forummember View Post
.... can ruin an account.
Weather AND this time of year is brutal on accounts.

Weather adds some time - Cant control
Holiday mail very slow - Cant control
People shopping last minute online with silly expectations - Cant control

I'm getting a lot of "where is my stuff" emails... I've been selling online for almost a decade and I sill can not for the life of me understand what people want me to do when tracking shows package somewhere. How can they not fathom that if its between me and them I'm not in control. At all..... There isn't some magic hot-line I can call and say "move package faster please"...

I have had two people this week respond to slow delivery this time of year as "unprofessional" <<< ??
Old 12-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Not to mention volume of mail - due to amount of packages being sent, if you areu nluky with postal handling, you can deal with people who get busted boxes ugh.
Old 12-14-2010
Threadstarter  

there wont be an anmesty from ebay if there was they would have stopped people from leaving dsr for dispatch time which funny enough is the only category to affect me
Old 12-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Weather AND this time of year is brutal on accounts.

Weather adds some time - Cant control
Holiday mail very slow - Cant control
People shopping last minute online with silly expectations - Cant control

I'm getting a lot of "where is my stuff" emails... I've been selling online for almost a decade and I sill can not for the life of me understand what people want me to do when tracking shows package somewhere. How can they not fathom that if its between me and them I'm not in control. At all..... There isn't some magic hot-line I can call and say "move package faster please"...

I have had two people this week respond to slow delivery this time of year as "unprofessional" <<< ??
As much as you try and explain to these people that its in transit they don't seem to get it.
Old 12-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
they don't seem to get it.
Sigh. If this wasn't a boom time of year I would shut down for 2 weeks just to avoid this. I seriously am getting tiered of the "why so long" emails. I know the human race isn't all this dumb. Why do I seem to attract them...

"well if its not here by Friday I'm holding you responsible" << I have to bite my lip.....

Gonna be a loooong week....
Old 12-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%

You should make sure you explain the situation to your customers. I was hit by the Iceland Volcano(not literally), but it actually did me a favour, almost all of my customers were very understanding, and I was behind with orders anyway!
Old 12-15-2010

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Sigh. If this wasn't a boom time of year I would shut down for 2 weeks just to avoid this. I seriously am getting tiered of the "why so long" emails. I know the human race isn't all this dumb. Why do I seem to attract them...

"well if its not here by Friday I'm holding you responsible" << I have to bite my lip.....

I do not think it is just you attracting them, I think it is ebay. They seen to be attracting a whole load of traffic wardens with the intelligence of a gnat. (Sorry gnat's if you are reading this)

I am sure most of them have not seen a news program or could understand a newspaper let alone understand the news that is on them.

The bad news is we have another load of snow coming, and as they are talking about a white Christmas then it looks like it is going to be here for a while once it comes over the next few days.
Old 12-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Tell me about it man. I hate it when I get those emails that have certain words in capitals. I mean % wise on the volume I sell, I don't get too many, but this time of the year is a nightmare. I got a new account, going really well, 100+ feedbacks etc and already I've had 6 emails all asking where their item is. I've tried explaining that their regions are affected by snow, as if they didn't already know this. If it wasn't so profitable I wouldn't bother.
Old 12-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
(Sorry gnat's if you are reading this)
Haha. Nice.

Quote:
I don't get too many.
It is a small number of crack pipes for sure. Thankfully. But those tiny few always seem to take the most time and are the loudest. I have one buyer from Friday emailing me every 2 hours [not kidding] advising me tracking has not moved since yesterday I need to get my act together...

I actually don't care. I gave up hand holding the lower forms a long time ago. I send a polite email explaining how shipping works in as simple of terms I can. If they don't get it, so be it.

Quote:
If it wasn't so profitable I wouldn't bother.
This is when I miss feedback equality the most. The real bad buyers always had a TON of negatives and you knew going in. Now there is just no way to know....

There needs to be a way for sellers to report high problem buyers. I don't mean pain in the ass buyers, but ones that are simply just not right in the head.... Just like spyware definition updates, a shared block buyer list updated weekly. These clowns find them selves blocked from a ton of sellers they would smarten up.
Old 01-02-2011

Longevity: 78%

The problem is they use this sort of thing also, so they can be back under new details five minutes later, but with a lot more ease for them to continue getting away with it.

What you need to block is the actual person but being on here we all know how hard that is.

It would be good to have something like if any of your details have been added to the bad buyer list then do not bid on my items, as I will search for them after sale. But then ebay would screw you over and say you have to still continue with the sale.

You could try searching through this one as, it is one of the few that still exist and you can search for more than just user name.

Bad Buyer List

Anyone got any others that are any good?