Creating a bank account in the UK? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-01-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Creating a bank account in the UK?

Hi there,
Have followed eBay Stealth very closely and have got to the setting up a bank account part. I apologise for any questions here that are blindingly obvious but I just don’t want to make a mistake!! Firstly, do I have to set foot into the branch to set up an account? Second, what account do I need to ask for, I know there are lots of different accounts you can set up? Thirdly, how long does it take to set up an account? Fourth, can I cancel the account as soon I have used its details on PayPal? Fifth, would I then be able to set up another account with the same bank if I have just cancelled one with them? Lastly, what bank would u recommend I use?
If someone can help me to answer these questions it would be hugely appreciated.
With kind regards,
Jamie
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-01-2011

Longevity: 78%

open a rbs account, just go for a basic bank account. you can do it online and you don't have to go in to a branch
Old 01-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

most banks are online applications too, and some are solely online, you have to send copies of docs if you havent banked with them before.
Old 01-02-2011

Longevity: 79%

can I cancel the account as soon I have used its details on PayPal? Fifth, would I then be able to set up another account with the same bank if I have just cancelled one with them?

Hello
I do not understand why you would want to add a bank account and then cancel it once you added to paypal.

If you have used this bank account on an old paypal that has been limited, then you cannot use it again.

If you open another bank account to add to paypal then why on earth would you want to cancel it to add another when it should be o.k to use.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 01-02-2011

Longevity: 81%

You will need to keep whatever bank that you attach to your paypal as that is where you will withdraw your funds too. Closing the bank account is pointless on less that paypal has been limited, therefore, rendering the bank account useless. In that case then YES you would then close the bank account but never before.
Old 01-03-2011

The main issue is you can't go stealth on paypal co uk if you really want to withdraw, the bank details have to be your real one and so on.

You can open a unverified account stealth and then send the money to your proper one for withdrawl, whatever is told here

!!! stealth paypal without limits and withdrawl is not possible in the UK !!!! Impossible under european laws, no bank account without id verification, no verified paypal without real bank account.
Old 01-03-2011

Longevity: 77%

I think the best way to have a stealth paypal account is to use your correct name but with spelling mistakes. Verifi it with a VCC which you can buy here for around £8. Then link it to your real bank account to withdraw to. So your name is James Smith, Use Jamie Smit on paypal and then when you add the bank, they should be fine with it because its just a spelling mistake. Now you should have a verified paypal account with your real bank account that you should be able to withdraw too. Also to link your address with paypal use a friends or someone near you and use sipgate to make a landline phone number in your area. This way you will also pass the phone verification. If you follow the stealth guide you should be fine.
Old 01-04-2011

Thanks for this useful reply, I recently wanted to open a stealth paypal account and used a ebux card with the same stealth name, however it was not accepted. Does anybody know if ibux doesn't work anymore?
Old 01-04-2011

guys, I got lost. Once you open a bank accoutn with a visa ... Cant you just go on paypal, fill in your "New Identity" on paypal and that is it .... Verify it buy your Cedit Card and thats all ... I mean use it after!

BEcause in my coutnry, to verify paypal, they take €1.5 off my accoutn in bank and verify it ... so in other words I cannot verify paypal or what? I got mixed up now guys. WOuld they link me to my old suspended accoutns or what?

Thank you guysss
Old 01-04-2011

your post is not really clear to me but

Here in the u.k you have to confirm by bank account, they send two small deposits into your bank for less than £1.00 you goto PP and enter the amounts

to lift higher withdraw limits you use credit or debit card.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 01-04-2011

what I meant tizwoz is : If I make a stealth account .... and paypal send two small deposits ... will they see my real name of my bank account and will I be limited ?? and If I do verify, I will not have "problems" of limits in the future right?

Thank you for your help
Old 01-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjnkzjen View Post
what I meant tizwoz is : If I make a stealth account .... and paypal send two small deposits ... will they see my real name of my bank account and will I be limited ?? and If I do verify, I will not have "problems" of limits in the future right?

Thank you for your help
No mate, they dont see the name, the bank and paypal do not share this information, well most banks.

In paypal just put your stealth name with your real bank account and sort code.

WHAT BANK YOU HAVE ?

Old 01-04-2011

I have BOV (Bank Of Valletta) as I am from Malta. Yes teh sort code is that code you receive when you take a mini statement from the atm right and insert it in paypal "code" and you get your accoutn verified.

Am I right mate ?
Old 01-05-2011

Sorry guys, if you verify in the UK you do it with the bank account. So far all is clear. However if you fill in the direct debit form for the verification small amounts they are asking for the bank account holder, so how does this fit with stealth? direct debit with a stealth name???
Old 01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosannaforyou View Post
Sorry guys, if you verify in the UK you do it with the bank account. So far all is clear. However if you fill in the direct debit form for the verification small amounts they are asking for the bank account holder, so how does this fit with stealth? direct debit with a stealth name???
stealth name on the DD mandate.