3g dongle - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-04-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default 3g dongle

Is anyone else having trouble with paypal and there 3g dongles?

Logging in is a pain and refunds etc are impossible. But when i log in threw a router i fly in with no hassle.

Does anyone think that maybe paypal is finding ways to track multiple accounts with the same dongle etc?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-04-2011

Longevity: 77%
Send a message via MSN to consigcody Send a message via Yahoo to consigcody Send a message via Skype™ to consigcody

1. are you in a good service area
2. paypal sends encrypted data and unlike routers that process it faster a 3g dongle has to go to many more places
3. with all them places some data may be being lost and not allowing you to login or send refunds
Old 02-05-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshavin View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with paypal and there 3g dongles?

Logging in is a pain and refunds etc are impossible. But when i log in threw a router i fly in with no hassle.

Does anyone think that maybe paypal is finding ways to track multiple accounts with the same dongle etc?
3g dongle????
Which company are you with?
Technology has moved forward to HSDPA with 7.2mb/s download capability.

Get one from 3-mobile it is the best!
Go down to the store and ask them to do a coverage check for your postcode. They have a more detailed coverage map than the one online.
If you are within the green area like I am you will get maximum signal.

I get 2mb download and 1.2 upload during peak times
and 4mb download and 1.5 upload during quiet times.
So its faster than my home broadband where I only get 3.5mb download 0.75mb upload at all times. (stupid BT copper wires) :>

Paypal works just as good as on the home broadband.

Additionally you will get a new IP every time you connect which is great for multiple acounts. Even better you also get multiple IP range from areas within 100miles from you.
example 1: different IP from the same range xx.124.121.155 and xx.240.144.188 (note that there is a 9 number variation)

example 2: different IP from the different range xx.124.121.155 and yy.240.144.188 (again 9 number variation but different range)

I get IPs from around 10 ranges (possibly more) and this means thousants of possible IPs. So far it never gave me the same IP twice.

This makes it very hard for paypal and ebay to trace me through my IP, because each one of these IPs has already been linked to a lot of genuine users.

The only downside is that you should avoid accessing the same paypal acount through different IP within a small time period (paypal will not like the 100 mile distance within 10 minutes).
I say avoid, because paypal will still know it is the same computer from you cookies and flash.....so don't delete them....instead use a different user acount for different paypal acounts and a generic computer name such as "desktop1" or "Laptop1".

The cost at the moment is £4.99 to buy the dongle and £15.99 per month with 5gb data. It is on month to month basis so you can stop it any time you like!

I vote 3-mobile dongle for perfect stealth accounts
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kabatzas For This Useful Post:
Alps_a somewhatlegend (04-08-2011), jjjia (05-30-2011), ShadyOne (04-11-2011)
Old 02-05-2011
Threadstarter  

My dongle is a 3 mobile one. It was great until about a week ago now its screwed
Old 02-05-2011

Longevity: 77%
Send a message via MSN to consigcody Send a message via Yahoo to consigcody Send a message via Skype™ to consigcody

Quote:
My dongle is a 3 mobile one. It was great until about a week ago now its screwed
prehaps it has gotten damaged or isnt working anymore have you tried taking it to your service provider?
Old 02-05-2011

Longevity: 84%

I've posted this a few times but the sprint mifi device works flawlessly where ever our phones work and is pretty fast plus gets new ip every time its turned on and off. Time warner cable just started carrying the device too but not sure of their coverage area. Switched over from dial up and have no looked back since.
Old 02-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

well its not just 3, Ive had on off issues with all dongles Ive used, im sure they get knocked or time degenerates them, but then sometimes I fly in and it doesnt disconeect other times it disconnects on every click..
Old 02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
well its not just 3, Ive had on off issues with all dongles Ive used, im sure they get knocked or time degenerates them, but then sometimes I fly in and it doesnt disconeect other times it disconnects on every click..
Yes, all machines degenerate with time. 3 mobile dongles have 2 years warranty, so go to the shop and replace it or for easier solution buy a new one for £4.99.
Old 02-08-2011
Threadstarter  

My new replacement dongle has arrived and the problem remains. My windows 7 isnt genuine and it keeps telling me so. Think this could be the problem? I doubt it is but i am lost now!
Old 02-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 32%

Dongles are the best option for Ebay by a country mile.

I'm overseas and if I could find a way of getting unlimited UK IP addresses, for me It would be like finding the Holy Grail.

I do not trust VPN, as the location on the map always points to somewhere else than where they are supposed to be located. VPS is good but slow, they give you about 5 IP addresses but they are always concurring.

I even thought about setting up a server at my friends house that I connect to, not such a bad idea.
Old 02-10-2011

Quote:
My new replacement dongle has arrived and the problem remains. My windows 7 isnt genuine and it keeps telling me so. Think this could be the problem? I doubt it is but i am lost now!
try uninstalling the dongle software and install again. It may be a missing/damaged file.

Windows not genuine, is not the problem, unless there is something else wrong with its files.
Old 02-10-2011

Longevity: 76%

Im having the same problem, i also have a 3 dongle, ive read all about not being able to sign in secure sites, tried everything, the page will just not load.
Old 02-10-2011

Longevity: 79%

you probally dont have ssl 2.0 selected in advanced setting, i usually have 1 2 and 3 checked

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 02-10-2011

For truly free unlimited Internet without limited data usage take a look at the following

https://giffgaff.com/orders/goodybag..._term=giffgaff

Operates on the 02 network so if you have an 02 dongle or phone you don't need to get it unlock, you can also top-up with o2 top-ups

The main Point is there Internet has no data usage policy on a £10 goody bag

So thats truly unlimited every month you top up a tenner

But checkout out call and text tariffs, double what you get on o2

When you get the mobile Internet its WAP but if you put the Sim in the dongle and use 02 A.P.N settings then your good to go

Its fast too

its not an affiliate link and sims are free

Just thought id share

oh and before i forget, click on one of the banners in the forum and you get a sim with a fiver loaded

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
Alps_a somewhatlegend (04-08-2011), kabatzas (02-11-2011)
Old 02-11-2011

People with problems on 3 -mobile dongle, for sure must have some settings problem.
I used it today....its very fast!!! I even gave it using an unverified buyer paypal account (one i dont care about) and I even used a VPN with it.....so it was dongle -> VPN -> Paypal. It was just a little bit slower, but still worked very well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
When you get the mobile Internet its WAP but if you put the Sim in the dongle and use 02 A.P.N settings then your good to go
Sounds good.....thanks for sharing

If the internet is fast, and concidering the cheap calls and texts. I will give them a go when my vodafone phone contract runs out in 2 months
Old 02-11-2011

Quote:
For truly free unlimited Internet without limited data usage take a look at the following
Oh.....look what i have found.
It is "unlimited" but only for phones.....you are not supposed to use in a dongle or in any way connected to a PC.

Will the giffgaff SIM work in a Mobile Broadband dongle?

Of course if it works.....do I care about their T&C ???

hmmmmmm......Nah!!
Old 02-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

On my Mac when using my 3 dongle I cannot pay for anything on eBay via PayPal. When I plug it into a windows PC, I can pay.
Old 02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabatzas View Post
Oh.....look what i have found.
It is "unlimited" but only for phones.....you are not supposed to use in a dongle or in any way connected to a PC.

Will the giffgaff SIM work in a Mobile Broadband dongle?

Of course if it works.....do I care about their T&C ???

hmmmmmm......Nah!!
lol
it was same with the ipone sims when they had free internet for 12 months, used it all the time, im on the above sim now in the 3 dongle and it works fine, when through 2gb of data yesterday and same again today

Your not really supposed to create stealth accounts either but that dosn't stop anyone

oh and when you use it in a dongle you use the o2 APN setting so your not on the griffgaff network anyhow

Last edited by Stigger; 02-11-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-06-2011

Quote:
lol
it was same with the ipone sims when they had free internet for 12 months, used it all the time, im on the above sim now in the 3 dongle and it works fine, when through 2gb of data yesterday and same again today

Your not really supposed to create stealth accounts either but that dosn't stop anyone

oh and when you use it in a dongle you use the o2 APN setting so your not on the griffgaff network anyhow
Im here again

I got 2 of these giffgaff cards yesterday, and I put one in my O2 dongle.
Using the o2 connection manager of course it does not work, so i use a program called mobile partner to connect. It works fine with the dynamic settings but it is very slow. If i put the o2 APN it does not connect!

TizWoz, can you please post or PM me the o2 APN and user/pass you use

thanks
Old 04-08-2011

Longevity: 76%

Its a shame we do so much for Ebay,
If only they knew how many people would love to stay being there users. =\
Old 04-10-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
The problem is not your dongle its the reception in your area. The signal could be affected by many factors from work at a local phone mast to other things. I know this because I have the same issue and have tried everything. Some days is good and some days it is not :(