Paypal documentation regarding lifting selling limit - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-12-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Paypal documentation regarding lifting selling limit

I have had the £1900 selling limit put on my paypal account. The have asked me to complete various tasks to lift the limit. One was to confirm my personal information, I entered all the details I entered when opening the account but it stated that "we have done some checks and the information you have entered does not match". Can anyone tell me what the checks are first of all?

Secondly when I failed that twice it took me to a phone verification page which I passed. However the limit is still not lifted, and on the list of tasks to lift the limit there is green ticks next to everything, but next to the one I failed there is a sentence saying they could not confirm my personal information, please send documents. What documents do they want? And also I can't find anywhere to submit them, any ideas on what I need to do?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-12-2011

I take it the pp account is verified via bank. Have you added a credit/debit card? If not, that should lift the limit.

I was in your situation a few weeks ago. - all ticked boxes but still the limit.

I added a card and confirmed it and instantly limits were removed. I read a few posts on here about it, followed what they said and it worked for me.

Hope this helps a little.... I am quite new so maybe wait for others to comment.
Old 03-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Does this work for sending in documents though alps?

With mine all they wanted to lift my limit was the phone call when they couldnt confirm my stealth details.
Old 03-12-2011

With mine, they couldnt confirm address so wanted documents. I just kept clicking and after 3 times all the boxes were ticked but still 1900 limit. As soon as I added card and confirmed limit was gone. I didnt have to send any documents
Old 03-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Top man cheers, will let you know in a few days how I go on
Old 03-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Default Verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alps_thecheekyone View Post
I take it the pp account is verified via bank. Have you added a credit/debit card? If not, that should lift the limit.

I was in your situation a few weeks ago. - all ticked boxes but still the limit.

I added a card and confirmed it and instantly limits were removed. I read a few posts on here about it, followed what they said and it worked for me.

Hope this helps a little.... I am quite new so maybe wait for others to comment.
Hi, yes it already has a card verified on the account. But the account still has the limit on it.
Old 03-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Have you just verified it with a current account?

You need to use a vcc also.
Old 03-15-2011

The same has happened on my new account today..... any ideas anyone?
Old 03-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakemoney View Post
Have you just verified it with a current account?

You need to use a vcc also.
Hi, yes there is 2 credit cards on the account also. Still the limit is on. Any other ideas?
Old 03-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

I verified my vcc with paypal (entropay) with the 4 digit code they send to your vcc and all limits lifted :D
Old 03-17-2011

Longevity: 81%

same here. verified bank account, verified cc, still 1900 limit saying they need me to send in docs but they havent asked for any? exactly the same prob as the person who posted this.
Old 03-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

they havent asked for any but theyve asked you to send in docs? :S

have you confirmed with a landline phone number also?
Old 03-17-2011

Longevity: 81%

yes just the same as the poster
verified bank, verified cc, verified landline.
lots of people seem to be getting the same thing.

opened 2 pp accounts, both got the same problem.
1900 receiving limit
Old 03-18-2011

Longevity: 77%

same problem here, its the address that cant be confirmed :-(
Old 03-18-2011
Threadstarter  

How do we therefore go about confirming the address? As even though it asks to submit documents next to the personal information task, there is no link or anything to click on to submit the documents, infact it doesn't even state what exact documents they require. If they want proof of address, then for anyone using a stealth address I have found several websites that create "novelty" replica documents that may be useful for this purpose. Ie. Bank statements, utility bills, usually for a small fee £10-£20. But the problem is still where to submit the documents?

I have emailed paypal twice and they have not yet replied.

Anyone heard anything from them yet or any ideas on how to solve this?

By the way, what are they checking exactly for them not be able to confirm the address? Do they have access to the electrol roll or something? It un-nerves me when they say they have done "some checks" and the information doesn't match, what checks??

Beckybexta
Old 03-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

You might have to ring them beckybexta.

To you other guys have you confirmed your vcc's?
Old 03-19-2011

Default and again it happened to me

Same happened again to me today on my new account - gutted as I still have the 1900 limit, but I can still used the account I suppose for pocket money.

It seems this is happening to a few people. I feel am doing everyting correct. I use same system for makng new accounts. Last week my system worked fine and all limits lifted, but this week, I have still the limits on 2 of my accounts.

Its a shame this is happening to myself and others as its sort of a waste of an account wilh only a 1900 limit and from that, postage has to be paid etc., so its not that much money left to spend.

I have a few more accounts that I am waiting for the pp expuse code to enter in. I hope those accounts wont still be limited.

If someone knows how to sort this problem out so it wont happen on new accounts I will be making soon, please share.

I have put on hold making anymore accounts until I can figure out what is going wrong- to be honest, I dont know where to go from here as my brain is maxed out and out of ideas. (i have read lots on here but I cant seem to piece the puzzle together - i am normally good at this)

Thanks for all the nfo in this so far guys and gals XxX

I actually thought it could be that I was using a 0203 number instead of an 0207 number, so I used an 0207 on the latest account and it still didnt lift limits.

Last edited by Alps_a somewhatlegend; 03-19-2011 at 09:06 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

Sorry to hear this alps! Seems a few of you are having this problem.

Like i said though with my last account i just verified the entropay vcc and limits all lifted.

Have you tried changing the order you do things on paypal? such as verifying the vcc before you put in business details etc...or vice versa?
Old 03-19-2011
Threadstarter  

Hi Guys,

I have some more news on thios nightmare. Which seems to be a resolve to the issue.

I reluctantly called paypal, as they have not bothered replying to the three emails i sent them regarding the problem. I clicked on the help link on your paypal page, and go through the links to call them until it gives you your web pin which when you then call customer services you provide the number on the automated system. I then got passed through to someone from the "limitations" department. He asked for my name, so obviously use the name registered on the account. Then he asked if it was the limitation I was calling about, I said yes. I explained all the ticks were there to show all the information they have requested has been completed, but the limit is still on there. He then asked what name was on my driving licence, a bizarre question, as he didn't ask for a driving licence number or anything, so i said the first name registered on the account. He also asked for the email address registered on the account, I believe these are just security measures to check they are speaking to the account holder. Then he stated he would check the account. He then stated the account has got all the information the requested and it is complete, so he will now remove all limits on the acount. Eurika!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I asked why this happened, was it computer error? He stated it was because one of the tasks was completed in an "alterior way" than originally asked for, and so their system flags this, or basically doesn't recognise the task as being complete. This is obviously referring to the "personal information" task, i failed it twice, then it went to landline confirmation, so even though the landline was enough, their system doesn't acknowledge this so when you ring them up they can check and then do it manually for you.

It wasn't half as scary ringing them as you might have expected. Just have your stealth details to hand. Email address registered, name, DOB, address, just incase they ask, but just be confident when speaking to them, it was easy as anything.

Good luck guys x
The Following User Says Thank You to beckybexta For This Useful Post:
Imakemoney (03-19-2011)
Old 03-19-2011

^^.... this is for replying to the post above the one above!

I have not tried other alternatives because, as yourself, on one of my last accounts I verified on entro. and all limits were lifted and I thought this is a good deal!.....

Since then its not working for me. I still have about another 5 to go through the 'process' within the next few days..... I just hope at least one of them gets 'lifted'..... if all of the 5 have the same problem as my last 2 then I am definitely putting things on hold until I work out what and why its not working for me - for me its a bit lame having 1900 accounts..... it is still money in pocket but too much headache... I prefere limitless accounts where I dont have to keep tabs on whats coming in (I only got 2 sorted ones at moment..... ideally I need 10 minimum for my needs).

also..... to above poster... (hi)... have you done any more since the last one you did where it all worke out for you?

Last edited by Alps_a somewhatlegend; 03-19-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-19-2011

beckyb... thanks for info. I thought it was some computer business.

Personally, I am too scared to ring them because if I dont want to mess up and lose the account.

Also.... did you ring from the phone number you registered on pp?

and... you are a brave solder!.. respect... I bet your well chuffed you got a limitless pp..... have fun

Last edited by Alps_a somewhatlegend; 03-19-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-19-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alps_thecheekyone View Post
beckyb... thanks for info. I thought it was some computer business.

Personally, I am too scared to ring them because if I dont want to mess up and lose the account.

Also.... did you ring from the phone number you registered on pp?

and... you are a brave solder!.. respect... I bet your well chuffed you got a limitless pp..... have fun
Hi Alps,

no i rang from my mobile as I am in london at the moment on a course. So when i rung customer services number, the automated system said they couldn't find an account with this number, then it asked me to enter the 6 digit web pin, which i did then thats when it passed me through to a customer service representative.

You honestly can't make a mistake, so don't be worried. There is limited stuff they can ask, like address, name, email address, DOB. If they ask you for driving licence or passport, just say you don't have either. If they want other documentation to send into them, just say you will find it and get it to them. Then you can use a "novelty document" provided like I have mentioned in one of my earlier posts to provide them with a utility bill etc.

But if you are having the exact same problem as i had, where all the green ticks are there for the tasks they have requested to lift the limit, but the limit is still there, its just a technical glitch, so they won't ask for any documentation. They will confirm a couple of details with you to check the account, like email address and name, and then they will lift the limit for you.

For me a £1900 limit a year isn't worth anything to me, so it was worth the hassle ringing them. It was 2 minutes of being uncomfortable, to have a limit free pp account.
The Following User Says Thank You to beckybexta For This Useful Post:
Alps_a somewhatlegend (03-19-2011)