What should I do with limitation on paypal? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-11-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Exclamation What should I do with limitation on paypal?

Heres the story, I was limited only a few weeks ago now.. I called PayPal and they were VERY RUDE to me.. It is not a perm limitation, but I do need to provide Provide proof of delivery and Provide Invoices..

1. Proof of delivery: They are requesting that I provide tracking numbers for my past 6 transactions on Ebay. But I sent them via Standard delivery because tracking was alot more, 5 of the transactions were Int. 4 US and 1 in spain. It cost £7 ($11) per 1 US package just for standard if I wanted tracking it would cost £17 ($27) per 1 US package which would cost about $100+ just for 6 packages. So would should I do? 3 of the people have left feedback and I don't have tracking.

2. Provide invoices: [b]I bought all of the items I sold on Ebay so I have no invoices or bills from the stores, so what should I do?

I have been on Paypal since Oct 09. and never had a limitation.
I have searched alot of threads and had non related to this so please help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Well YOu cant prove delivery so that part is out of the question.

The other thing is that all you can do is show them you bought your items on ebay.

There was a post the other day that this was the same issue. THey provided the ebay auctions they bought from and it was okay.

That doesnt mean it will work for you though. It all depends on what you are selling,etc.

All you can do is try but since you cannot prove the delivery on those pkgs you may have to start a new account.

I know its different in other countries but I would NEVER sent anything without tracking of some kind. Even on a $1 item.

BUT its only 18cents for delivery confirmation here and free with priority (with USPS)
Old 08-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,903 Times in 8,196 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums.

You provide for #1 what you told the forum here and hope that it works - feedback is a good plus so tell them that.

2. You might have to get creative for this one.

As for your last statement:

/quote
I have searched alot of threads and had non related to this so please help.

I can't say that I believe you on that - yes all the info might not be written in 100% perfect format but you can piece it together.

All the best.
Old 08-12-2011
Threadstarter  

So is it best for me to just create a new account instead of wasting time contacting them by phone?
Old 08-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,903 Times in 8,196 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 83%

In your shoes xat, I would do both - I would create 2 new stealth and focus on those while trying to work on getting this account going - if I fail on this account, at least the other 2 are bridging the gap.
Old 08-12-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok thanks for the fast reply, also I wanted to ask something.

when I register for new accounts on paypal, you put a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address right so how would I be able to purchase items? Cause some might send it to the "⊗⊗⊗⊗ address" instead of using my ebay address?
Old 08-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

they will look at alternatives to tracking, the receipts of posting are better than nothing and the feedback count as much as tracking obviously. They may be fishing for if the item is sent from where you say you are eg UK.

you can risk providing invoices you sort out yourself, or tell them and show them you bought from ebay, I suppose you cannot do that as they are from different accs you do not want linked together right?

paypal are ususally not rude, so this is odd.
Old 08-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xat View Post
Ok thanks for the fast reply, also I wanted to ask something.

when I register for new accounts on paypal, you put a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address right so how would I be able to purchase items? Cause some might send it to the "⊗⊗⊗⊗ address" instead of using my ebay address?
You use an address that you can ACCESS.

Back to your 1st post.....

why sell internationally if you are not going to 'pay' for tracking.

supply the listings of your items brought on ebay. Sometimes works, sometimes does not.

Lastly, read more of the forum. Your ideas are not accurate enough to move forwards in stealth mode. I'm picking up too many assumptions from what you have posted.

read more, then post the plan to allow us to refine it if required.
Old 08-13-2011

Longevity: 78%

Do you not have the post office receipts for what you did send? as three of them have turned up, obviously with feedback left and as others have said they may just want to make sure you are posting from the UK.
Old 08-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Yes, I've kept the receipts and now all of the transactions they want proof for have left feedback.
Old 08-14-2011

So just send them the receipts and state you did not use tracking, as buyers do not wish to pay the extra for tracking, and you have found most buyers are honest for low cost items, which is shown with the positive feedback you have received for all six items.

And as others have said, send them the item numbers for the items bought from ebay, and if you paid through paypal then add the paypal transaction numbers also just to show you are sending more than they ask. They seem to like that.

As to accounts for buying, I would open up a third paypal and ebay account with your real details just for buying with a new computer user account, card, bank account and phone number.
Buyer accounts tend not to get any trouble until they start to sell, as long as you do not use any of the above that you have already used.
Old 08-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok, would I need to send them by mail? because under "invoices" you can upload files of the receipts and like you say they like it when you give more then they ask.. so should I show them my bank statement (PayPal name is the same on the statement), also proof of address or photo ID might help as well?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaa.jpg (19.1 KB, 11 views)
Old 08-15-2011

Longevity: 77%

no just take picture or scan of all recipts together on one page and uplaod it to them. only send what they ask, if they ask for ID then give it.
Old 08-15-2011

Never make it look as if you have researched it, but with the paypal payment invoice numbers, along with the ebay item numbers you have a chance to show that you are not hiding anything, and that they were involved in the purchase of the items.

But sending in the other docs would make it look as if you know what they may be doing next, which indicates that you have either been through this before or you have researched it.
The Following User Says Thank You to isitworththestress For This Useful Post:
pward33 (08-17-2011)
Old 08-15-2011
Threadstarter  

ok, above said about feedback.. How would I be able to show them the feedback from the transactions as proof? and I can only find 2 of the item IDS of the purchased items on ebay, would I need all of them? sorry for so many questions I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing when I try to remove it.
Old 08-15-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Paypal requested the sam information from me. I had tracking numbers because I had shipped through paypal, which was confusing as to why they would ask for info they already had. Which prompted me to call.

Upon explaining the tracking information to the gentleman on the other end, the tracking issue was quickly resolved. Then he asked me for invoices.(I had only sold 2 items) I replied, "The items I sold were unused gifts from my past birthday party". He was very nice and made small talk. He stated, "Well I suppose cannot expect you to give us invoices for gifts you received, so I'll go ahead and resolve that for you."

Not sure if it will work out the same for you, but its worth a shot. Be very polite and friendly.
Old 08-15-2011

Check your email, I was surprised how far mine went back as you will need to show where all of the six items came from if not from ebay then they will want alternative receipts. You may have to be creative.

If it were me and they were all on the same page I would take a screen shot and send them the dates of the feedback. Or you could add a screen shot of each feedback merged on the same image as the corresponding receipt. Add the link and the date of feedback in the message box that you can add more data to. with your explanation that you do not use expensive post for inexpensive items due to customer requests and knowledge that most people are honest.
Old 08-16-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
Check your email, I was surprised how far mine went back as you will need to show where all of the six items came from if not from ebay then they will want alternative receipts. You may have to be creative.

If it were me and they were all on the same page I would take a screen shot and send them the dates of the feedback. Or you could add a screen shot of each feedback merged on the same image as the corresponding receipt. Add the link and the date of feedback in the message box that you can add more data to. with your explanation that you do not use expensive post for inexpensive items due to customer requests and knowledge that most people are honest.
I've found all 6 item IDS in Purchase history, thank god for the new 3 year feature Should I call them to give them the IDS? since it probably would be easier to explain on the phone right?
I've screenshotted all of the feedback, do I need to upload the feedback picture to "Invoices"?
Old 08-16-2011

Fax or upload what you have first and then phone.

Paypal can be a funny beast, and is often like trying to pet a stray dog, where even your approach can have you bitten

I would do it as fast as possible as, I am sure they put some form of hidden time limit on things.
Old 08-16-2011
Threadstarter  

ok thanks, I will upload the postage receipts soon..But I still have a question un-answered. How do I give PayPal the ebay transaction Ids?
Old 08-17-2011

Tell them on the phone when you ring.

If you can find a way to send them then do it, with the others. I don't think you can upload text docs so it would have to be text on an image file.

It is just so you keep everything together just in case some iidiot picks it up before the person you call, as they are terrible for just taking the easy option.
Old 08-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Thank you all for your help Hope it goes well with me.