Selling Limit on ebay - WTF?! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%

ebays not neccessarily right - but if you want to sell on ebay you need to learn to play by their rules! Come on be SMART!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-11-2011

Good night JohnnyLeeds - I'm sure you will sort it out

I don't think Aspkin needs any advise from you
Old 09-11-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

Actually, I've realised that I can still sell a few items, the items that didnt sell dont count and now that they have ended I can sell up to another 10 items, I will just have to make sure I sell stuff that counts until the end of September anyway, hopefully by then I will have had some more good DSR's and ebay might upgrade my selling limit?
Old 09-11-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to stealthmaster

These stringent policies that eBay put in place is to deter fraud and other types of crime operating within eBay's selling platform, eBay doesn't single out sellers it's part and parcel of eBay I'm afraid. Selling limits are put on every new eBay sellers account now I've got one for £350 or 10 items doesn't sound a lot, but considering if you've got 3 stealth eBay accounts connected to one PayPal account.
The Following User Says Thank You to stealthmaster For This Useful Post:
GTB (09-11-2011)
Old 09-11-2011

Johnny, I understand exactly what your saying. eBay and PP are scum of the earth and I don't mind people venting their frustration over it. No problem from me.

BUT, the best way to get your revenge on them is by making thousands of pounds a month and then sit back and laugh in their faces.

You can only do this if you can tolerate their limits and restrictions. Like others have said, it is part of the game and needs to be stuck to.

And no offence, but you may need to start selling stuff with higher profit margins and over dozens of accounts. This is major work. If you wanna go full time on eBay, you need to put this large effort in so that you can then laugh in their face a while afterwards when you make the good money.

Go ruthless on them and never stop. Hit them hard. Good luck.
Old 09-11-2011

Longevity: 83%

Sounds like just one more reason to hire a sellers assistant. You can get around the selling limit this way

The percent they charge, will be offset by the increased selling volume you can achieve with their help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Road-Kill For This Useful Post:
Melissa1971 (09-11-2011)
Old 09-11-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
Hi Folks!

I cant believe this is happening again, I really dont know how ebay expect us to operate a business this way. I have only just got my Paypal account back from having a 21 day hold and now I have just tried to list some items on ebay and it wont let me saying that my 'Seller Performance' is below standard and that they have put a selling limit on my account. Now this is the first I have heard of this, just what is a selling limit? I'm hardly selling anything as it is, I had 20 items for sale this week, only about a third of which sold, now I cant list any more.

I mean I was having a problem with my Detailed Seller Ratings - for no real reason, I havent ripped anyone off, and I get feedback from people praising me for sending my items in less than 24 hours etc. My DSR has improved quite a bit over the past month, yet I am getting punished? I cant ****ing believe this **** again from these wankers! ! ! Sorry for the language but I am absolutely hopping mad, I have done everything by the book and done absolutely nothing wrong, yet you cant win! What on earth am I supposed to do? So how long will this selling limit last for?

And isnt it a bit of a catch 22 situation, cos if I need to improve my DSR, how the hell can I do that if I am restricted from selling? All I can think is I am going to have to set up another account, but then I am starting from scratch with zero feedback and I have got some stuff to sell - Iphone 4's / mountain bikes etc that I need to have a good reputation to get the best sale price... FFS!
I would let that account be, let it sit until the reds drop off. Or just sell a few cheap items to add some positives to it then let the reds drop off

Start a new account using the same Paypal. It will probably be restricted to but not for long if all goes fine. Sell cheap items, buy a few things then sell your usual stuff. I found after I hit 10 feedback, it seems i can sell whatever from then on.

After a while, go back to your old account. Otherwise it seems when buyers see negs, they are more likely to cause problems. It's up to you but making new Paypals and new Ebays are alot of work
Old 09-11-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Wow.

I came here a few years ago and learned a ton and it saved my house from being foreclosed.

If I put out the effort and when I learned something I shared it with those who needed it.

But I was told early on to do my own homework, use the search button, make notes, read until I eyes bleed etc and it has paid off for me and I believe many others.

If you think you can have a hundred post and everyone is just to lay out a road map for you when vets here for years learn something new every single day then you might as well go bye bye.

Many have earned their way through the ranks and do not have major attitudes at all.

So what is considered an attitude? When someone does not spoon feed you the answer you want to hear?

All of us are experiencing the new selling limits. I have perfect accounts almost 2 years old that now have them.

Learn to adjust or you will be gone in no time.

No attitude, just pure facts.
Old 09-11-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 62%

62% so you have been here a while.

Activity is 7% so you can not contributed to the forum much.

Most of these people have been overly helpful to me and many others.

I simply do not know what I would have done with my DH and myself were laid off, unemployment ran out and we needed to make money.

This place has been a blessing to me and my family and I cannot figure out who would have an attitude other then a few newbies who are demanding and a few vets who worked hard to learn what they have and do not want to just hand you their earnings.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
GTB (09-12-2011)
Old 09-11-2011

You didn't identify that account as Stealth so my advice was basing it on that is your real account. My new Ebay accounts linked to same Paypal have 100 item sell limit and $5000 monthly limit
Old 09-12-2011

No one is putting a gun to your head to sell on ebay.. hell who knows... you're probably my competition so if you stopped selling the more for me.
If you cant deal with this.. like EVERYONE is dealing with it.... get out of the game.. plain and simple...
if you need help rephrase the question and stop B****ing make a new account and get over it!
Old 09-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

You Never Said how Old your account was, you said you sold 150 items on it (Post 15),in Post 4 you said you sold 20 Items,,Im assumming in a Weeks time, Therefore Im Willing to Bet it is Fairly New Account 4, 5, Maybe 6 Months Old,,

Now you KNOW your Account is New, and you KNOW that a 98% Positive Rating is a MUST on Ebay,, as are ALL DSR's ABOVE (I Believe) 4.7 and with SO FEW Sales,,, Only ONE of your DSR's can have a Rating of 2 or less,,You KNOW All of this to be 100% FACT

Now you get 2 Negative Feedback,,and your DSR's Take a Hit,,all most Likely within a Month,,So Ebay Limits You,,They Lessen the amount of Items that they will allow you to sell on THEIR Site,,,So,,My Question is Whats the Big Mystery??,,,

What Ebay see's is a NEW Seller who get's into a Bit of a Problem,,So What they do is SLOW The seller down and Give him a Chance to Get things Right, Chalking it up up to this New seller just Maybe having a Bad Month,,They Did NOT Suspend you,,They are giving you a Chance in their Eyes. At some Point in the Future (90 Days) They will Take another Look at your Account,,and if Things have Improved,,they will Raise you "Limit"

Im QUITE Sure that EVERYONE Here had to go through this at some Point,,,What the Hell makes you Think that you are Being Singled out, or being treated Unfairly?

So what is your Response,,To start this Thread and ALL This RUCKUS,,at LEAST 3 Different Users told you that Multiple accounts was the Awnser,,You did not even Acknoledge that,,,

You want to turn around and try to make a case to convince US that you are a Good seller and that Ebay is Evil,,and then You accuse People Here of Being Ebay Defenders,,,

I got News for you, You are Wasting your Time trying to Convince Us, and Ebay for that matter as to how Good a Seller that you are,,

The ONLY Thing that those you accuse of being Ebay defenders are TRYING to do is to EXPLAIN How Ebay works and Thinks to you,,Not Defend Ebay,,But Either you are too "THICK" or too STUPID to Realize this

As for Ebay they don't give a Flying F%ck about what you think of yourself as a Seller,,Reguardless of what think,,,they DO NOT Care if Ebay is your Only source of Money,,They DO NOT Care if you Eat your Cereal out of a HUB CAPS in the Morning,,To them your are NOTHING more that a Potential Problem,,,

I Know that in Your Mind you Think that you are an ASSet to Ebay,,But Ebay (and a LOT of other People) Just see you as an ASS

Good Luck

Oh,,and should you in your GREAT Wisdom decide to Deprive us of your Spectacular Vernacular,,Fear NOT!!!,,For you Will NOT be Missed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited by slapped; 09-12-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Old 09-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
You Never Said how Old your account was, you said you sold 150 items on it (Post 15),in Post 4 you said you sold 20 Items,,Im assumming in a Weeks time, Therefore Im Willing to Bet it is Fairly New Account 4, 5, Maybe 6 Months Old,,

Now you KNOW your Account is New, and you KNOW that a 98% Positive Rating is a MUST on Ebay,, as are ALL DSR's ABOVE (I Believe) 4.7 and with SO FEW Sales,,, Only ONE of your DSR's can have a Rating of 2 or less,,You KNOW All of this to be 100% FACT

Now you get 2 Negative Feedback,,and your DSR's Take a Hit,,all most Likely within a Month,,So Ebay Limits You,,They Lessen the amount of Items that they will allow you to sell on THEIR Site,,,So,,My Question is Whats the Big Mystery??,,,

What Ebay see's is a NEW Seller who get's into a Bit of a Problem,,So What they do is SLOW The seller down and Give him a Chance to Get things Right, Chalking it up up to this New seller just Maybe having a Bad Month,,They Did NOT Suspend you,,They are giving you a Chance in their Eyes. At some Point in the Future (90 Days) They will Take another Look at your Account,,and if Things have Improved,,they will Raise you "Limit"

Im QUITE Sure that EVERYONE Here had to go through this at some Point,,,What the Hell makes you Think that you are Being Singled out, or being treated Unfairly?

So what is your Response,,To start this Thread and ALL This RUCKUS,,at LEAST 3 Different Users told you that Multiple accounts was the Awnser,,You did not even Acknoledge that,,,

You want to turn around and try to make a case to convince US that you are a Good seller and that Ebay is Evil,,and then You accuse People Here of Being Ebay Defenders,,,

I got News for you, You are Wasting your Time trying to Convince Us, and Ebay for that matter as to how Good a Seller that you are,,

The ONLY Thing that those you accuse of being Ebay defenders are TRYING to do is to EXPLAIN How Ebay works and Thinks to you,,Not Defend Ebay,,But Either you are too "THICK" or too STUPID to Realize this

As for Ebay they don't give a Flying F%ck about what you think of yourself as a Seller,,Reguardless of what think,,,they DO NOT Care if Ebay is your Only source of Money,,They DO NOT Care if you Eat your Cereal out of a HUB CAPS in the Morning,,To them your are NOTHING more that a Potential Problem,,,

I Know that in Your Mind you Think that you are an ASSet to Ebay,,But Ebay (and a LOT of other People) Just see you as an ASS

Good Luck

Oh,,and should you in your GREAT Wisdom decide to Deprive us of your Spectacular Vernacular,,Fear NOT!!!,,For you Will NOT be Missed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 09-12-2011
Threadstarter  

Heh heh heh! Well never let it be said that I dont know how to work the room! I couldnt believe the response when I logged in this morning and seen the backlash above! Ho ho ho!!!

But seriously thanks for the great advice folks, I think I had got a bit blinded by my own bulls**t - which I am very fond of doing, Some of the basic facts of my situation were kind of hidden by me thinking about how I used to use ebay years ago and me thinking I already knew everything. I am only using the one account that is less than a year old at the moment, and I know I need to set up some more accounts. Anyway I'm a bit busy working at the moment, I got a ton of things to take to the post office so I will pop in later on.

Cheers!

Johnny
Old 09-12-2011

Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

you seen the light man

remember we all go through this sh1t!!!
Old 09-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
Heh heh heh! Well never let it be said that I dont know how to work the room! I couldnt believe the response when I logged in this morning and seen the backlash above! Ho ho ho!!!

But seriously thanks for the great advice folks, I think I had got a bit blinded by my own bulls**t - which I am very fond of doing, Some of the basic facts of my situation were kind of hidden by me thinking about how I used to use ebay years ago and me thinking I already knew everything. I am only using the one account that is less than a year old at the moment, and I know I need to set up some more accounts. Anyway I'm a bit busy working at the moment, I got a ton of things to take to the post office so I will pop in later on.

Cheers!

Johnny
We all make mistakes
Old 09-12-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR GTB View Post

i though tizwoz was argumentative but you take it another level
I Prefer to call i misunderstood.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 09-12-2011
Threadstarter  

Yes, well I think some people are inclined to over-react to things that I and other people say sometimes. I do really appreciate what this forum has done for me and other people. Its really incredible that as a result of ebays regulations and actions that leave people who have done nothing wrong with a suspended account.

Having to go through the process of creating these 'Stealth' accounts leaves me feeling like I have become part criminal / computer hacker + fraudster, just to be able to trade successfully on ebay. I really dont know how anyone could operate a business selling on ebay without knowing about 'Stealth' accounts. I mean I havent ever bought the ebay 'Stealth' manual, but to anyone new to this who has ended up suspended from ebay and who desperately needs to get an account that they can start selling with again I would most heartily recommend buying it.

I have learned about how to create multiple 'Stealth' accounts and manage them so that they dont end up linked etc. But it took me longer to learn this by gleaning bits of information from all over the internet. I have seen a copy of 'eBay Stealth' and it is simply all the relevant information written in a comprehensive guide and if you buy it then there is no reason why you couldnt have set up several accounts that could be used to trade on ebay within the space of a week. You have to wade through a lot of garbage on the web trying to find out about creating new ebay / paypal accounts, a lot of it is irrelevant, repetitive or out-dated.

The 'eBay Stealth' guide and forum are completely invaluable and I owe my current employment to it. Also this forum is great for discussing fine details that are relevant to each persons particular geographical location and I have always found that I can get a quick answer to my most random query. If you are considering buying it then definetely buy it and save yourself weeks / months of research. Its also important to learn about the stuff that can lead to getting your new accounts linked and thus suspended again.

But then again I am preaching to the converted here. You guys all know this, I just wanted to say it again for anyone new who might be reading this. Anyway I just wanted to say thanks again for all the priceless knowledge and I am sorry if my prior outbursts have offended anyone, that wasnt my intention, but it can get quite entertaining when people start shouting the odds! Seems to happen most times I post on here!

Kind regards

Johnny
Melissa1971 (09-16-2011)
Old 09-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%

While nothing new I say will contribute to this well-informed thread ha, for the future just sit back and analyze.

It is a good time for you to begin building up 3-4 other accounts to nurse in case of a failure/bad hit to any one account. I have been there and this is a good method to do.

Also you have to figure that eb ay limiting your account is far better than getting suspended, being asked for ID and THEN still being suspended/lmited. All the best for future.
Old 09-12-2011

A good train wreck is always interesting to look at, but most of us have already seen the wreck a month ago, and it's old news.

I am a bit curious to know what the current DSR's are for the account, but that would require discussing how to read the seller dashboard again. And as much of a masochist as I am , I still need to watch Brittany's "Crazy & Baby" YouTube piece before I can give much attention to this matter.
Old 09-12-2011
Threadstarter  

I cant remember what my DSR's were last time I posted them on here Roadkill, I will copy and paste my current ones, but I am still trying to grasp the meaning of it all, I mean whats all this about 12 monthly and 3 monthly all about? From what I can work out it does seem like my DSR's have improved and in a recent email I got from ebay regarding my seller performance they congratulated me on improving my situation, but also said I need to do more work to get it back to normal, here is a cut / paste version of my current DSR's, this is the 12 month one:

Average detailed seller ratings Your average Low ratings
(1s and 2s)
Item as described 4.59 3.45% (2)
Communication 4.36 5.17% (3)
Dispatch time 3.97 10.34% (6)
Postage and packaging charges 4.46 1.72% (1)

Buyer protection cases Your percentage (count)
Opened cases 0.00% (0)
Closed cases without seller resolution 0.00% (0)

And this is the one for the last 3 months:

Average detailed seller ratings Your average Low ratings
(1s and 2s)
Item as described 4.57 3.13% (1)
Communication 4.35 6.25% (2)
Dispatch time 4.05 9.38% (3)
Postage and packaging charges 4.43 3.13% (1)
Buyer protection cases Your percentage (count)
Opened cases 0.00% (0)
Closed cases without seller resolution 0.00% (0)

I have actually only had this account since 29th of January of this year so its actually only 8 months old.

I am always panicing cos this is my only active account on ebay / paypal so if the plop hits the fan I am scuppered. I realise this is commiting a cardinal sin and that I ought to be working several accounts, its just over the past decade I have gone through several legitimate accounts on ebay / paypal and I have had bank accounts with the majority of the high street banks, a couple of which I had to abandon due to excessive debt / bank charges so I am limited to what banks I can open accounts with.

I am also a bit bewildered about running more than one account on ebay / paypal due to the danger of linking my accounts re: IP address etc. Plus just the task of having to remember all the 'stealth' details - even for my one account at the moment is difficult, I cant imagine how I would cope if I had a few accounts, although maybe its just something you get used to, I dont know cos I havent tried it. Does it get easier? I mean I do have all my current 'stealth' account info organised in an Excel worksheet, and it still seems overwhelming....

I am going to open a couple more basic bank accounts this week, thats another lot of hassle as with this kind of account you can rarely apply online, I applied for one with Santander and I had to go to an appointment in person at the bank and explain why I needed a 'basic' account and why my finances / credit record were so poor. I dont know, its a lot of juggling information where the slightest wrong move could bring everything crashing down!

I'm going to apply for basic bank accounts with Barclays and Yorkshire bank - does anyone know if these work with ebay / paypal in as far as verification goes? Then I have to try setting up a couple more ebay / paypal 'Stealth' accounts, plus its having to go through the whole rigmorole of setting up entropay cards / voip landlines / emails / creating addresses / pseudonyms / ⊗⊗⊗⊗ addresses etc etc you all know this, I just really find it mind boggling...

Anyway sorry to babble on at length again, I know you all have heard this a million times before, and I should know this stuff by now I know....

Cheers!

Johnny
Old 09-12-2011

A bunch of people gave you a lot of good advice in your other thread.....

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...hat-about.html

I don't think your are going to find too many people willing to cover all the same subjects again, that were covered in your last thread. So you will need to re-read the thread and follow the advice already given if you want some help.

To your credit you are try to improve the standing of your existing account, verses opening up a bunch of new accounts that could get linked. As I advised you in the other thread, the account is a anchor and now you are seeing some of the results of this fact.