Selling Limit on ebay - WTF?! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-11-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Selling Limit on ebay - WTF?!

Hi Folks!

I cant believe this is happening again, I really dont know how ebay expect us to operate a business this way. I have only just got my Paypal account back from having a 21 day hold and now I have just tried to list some items on ebay and it wont let me saying that my 'Seller Performance' is below standard and that they have put a selling limit on my account. Now this is the first I have heard of this, just what is a selling limit? I'm hardly selling anything as it is, I had 20 items for sale this week, only about a third of which sold, now I cant list any more.

I mean I was having a problem with my Detailed Seller Ratings - for no real reason, I havent ripped anyone off, and I get feedback from people praising me for sending my items in less than 24 hours etc. My DSR has improved quite a bit over the past month, yet I am getting punished? I cant ****ing believe this **** again from these wankers! ! ! Sorry for the language but I am absolutely hopping mad, I have done everything by the book and done absolutely nothing wrong, yet you cant win! What on earth am I supposed to do? So how long will this selling limit last for?

And isnt it a bit of a catch 22 situation, cos if I need to improve my DSR, how the hell can I do that if I am restricted from selling? All I can think is I am going to have to set up another account, but then I am starting from scratch with zero feedback and I have got some stuff to sell - Iphone 4's / mountain bikes etc that I need to have a good reputation to get the best sale price... FFS!

Old 09-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

simple way to stop these instances slowing down your selling too much.

Spread sales....
Old 09-11-2011

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

pointless getting f***d off about it

spread over a few accounts,simple answer to a well talked about question

unless you want to ring them up and give them a tellin off

there`s no guarantees you will get the limits lifted,you just never know what their gonna throw at you,you just gotta go with the flow and see where it takes you
Old 09-11-2011
Threadstarter  

Eh? I dont see how I am selling too much, how is selling 20 items too much??? And when they say limited what does this mean? Limited to what 10 items per week or something? FFS I am barely making pocket money as it is! Last week I withdrew the grand total of £28 from my Paypal account, ooooh! seems like I am getting carried away eh! So, if I had 4 'stealth' accounts then perhaps I could spread out my selling and maybe even make nearly £100 per week! Blimey, Alan Sugar eat yer heart out! Christ all f**king mighty.... And I am also supposed to pay the fees and pay peoples postage as well! Plus I have had two people out of my last ten sales saying that the items I sent them didnt work, now I know they did, and I think there is some scamming going on here... I dont know its getting virtually impossible to operate under these conditions!
Old 09-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

If you dont wana play the game the answers pretty simple....
Old 09-11-2011

honestly mate

ebay is not for you,if ya cant handle their policys,get out before you have a heart attack lol

people have to deal with this all the time,their not picking on you
Old 09-11-2011
Threadstarter  

I dont see how anyone can handle their policies? I mean I havent done anything wrong, is it cos I am registered as a personal seller and not a business seller? What can I do to improve this, I mean I am gonna have to open some more accounts, but I cant handle all this stopping and starting, ebay is my main source of income apart from been on benefits, and 6 months ago I hoped that I might be able to earn enough on ebay to get off benefits, but all I have had is hassle for no reason at all... How does anyone cope with this?
Old 09-11-2011

multiple accounts is the answer!
Old 09-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Agreed - I dont know how many times we have to say it
Old 09-11-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
Hi Folks!

I cant believe this is happening again, I really dont know how ebay expect us to operate a business this way. I have only just got my Paypal account back from having a 21 day hold and now I have just tried to list some items on ebay and it wont let me saying that my 'Seller Performance' is below standard and that they have put a selling limit on my account. Now this is the first I have heard of this, just what is a selling limit? I'm hardly selling anything as it is, I had 20 items for sale this week, only about a third of which sold, now I cant list any more.

I mean I was having a problem with my Detailed Seller Ratings - for no real reason, I havent ripped anyone off, and I get feedback from people praising me for sending my items in less than 24 hours etc. My DSR has improved quite a bit over the past month, yet I am getting punished? I cant ****ing believe this **** again from these wankers! ! ! Sorry for the language but I am absolutely hopping mad, I have done everything by the book and done absolutely nothing wrong, yet you cant win! What on earth am I supposed to do? So how long will this selling limit last for?

And isnt it a bit of a catch 22 situation, cos if I need to improve my DSR, how the hell can I do that if I am restricted from selling? All I can think is I am going to have to set up another account, but then I am starting from scratch with zero feedback and I have got some stuff to sell - Iphone 4's / mountain bikes etc that I need to have a good reputation to get the best sale price... FFS!

WOW MAN talk about attitude (i know I'm a fine one to talk but... ), Don't take this personal, your attitude needs fixing but before that you need to take your blinkers off, If you don't every account you open is going to end up the same Way Your running that account, of course the LOW dsr is your fault, blame anything you want from bad buyers to bad weather, it makes no difference, you should bend over backward for ebay buyer, if you do you will see the reward in your sales, if not you won't.

Also why come here shouting at us, what have we done wrong ??? seriously man, that will get you know where fast.

P.s i personally think the best Way to pick up your DSR on this account is for you to STOP selling on it.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
colt63 (09-12-2011), GrannyT (09-11-2011)
Old 09-11-2011
Threadstarter  

EH?!?! WHAT THE F**k?!??!?! WHO RATTLED YOUR CAGE TIZ WOZ?!?!
Old 09-11-2011
Threadstarter  

What I cant understand is that this place was created for the benefit of people who have been suspended from ebay due to their ridiculous regulations that get people suspended / banned for no good reason. Now it seems like it is full of 'goody two shoes' types like TizWoz who have a problem if anyone has anything bad to say about ebay, well Tizwoz if I have an attitude problem, then so do 99% of the people who use this forum. Why have I got an attitude problem for getting upset that I have been limited from selling on ebay yet I've done nothing wrong? I have got 97% positive feedback yet in the new ebay world this is a bad thing!!!! FFS!! It seems like this forum is starting to get like ebay! Anyway thanks for the good advice folks!
biggesmalls (09-14-2011)
Old 09-11-2011

Quote:
EH?!?! WHAT THE F**k?!??!?! WHO RATTLED YOUR CAGE TIZ WOZ?!?!

Errrrrrrrm, let me think about that one and i'll get back to you

You did

Seems like you need everything spelling out.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 09-11-2011

Quote:
What I cant understand is that this place was created for the benefit of people who have been suspended from ebay due to their ridiculous regulations that get people suspended / banned for no good reason.

Your right it is and that what we all are, well some of get banned for a good reason but that besides the point.

Quote:
Now it seems like it is full of 'goody two shoes' types like TizWoz who have a problem if anyone has anything bad to say about ebay, well Tizwoz if I have an attitude problem, then so do 99% of the people who use this forum.
Please explain why you think 99% of this forum have an attitued pproblem, Not seen many myself, i think i know of about 3, me and you been two, so i would love to hear you reasoning for saying that ???

Quote:
Why have I got an attitude problem for getting upset that I have been limited from selling on ebay yet I've done nothing wrong? I have got 97% positive feedback yet in the new ebay world this is a bad thing!!!! FFS!! It seems like this forum is starting to get like ebay! Anyway thanks for the good advice folks!

WTF, FSS, SHOUTING and all that don't do nothing for you mate and 97 LOW DSR is pants, REALLY PANTS. 'you have done nothing wrong, it's not your fault', what am i supposed to believe that ???

Old 09-11-2011
Threadstarter  

You're not even making sense Tizwoz, I cant even keep up with what you are saying. I havent done anything wrong yet my DSR's are low and I have a 26 item per month selling limit, even though my seller performance has apparently improved. I have got 2 negative feedbacks out of over 150 items I sold, and one of them was for an item that got broken before I sent it and I told the buyer yet he still left me negative feedback. See what I mean, you cant win, and then I come on here for some advice and I get some fool like you telling me I have got an attitude problem??!! Have you ever considered working for ebay customer services Tizwoz? Seems to me like you would fit right in! Heh heh heh! Know what I mean folks?!?! Ha ha ha!!!
Old 09-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

OP all I am reading in this thread is practically you shouting "F*** all of you I don't want your help" to everyone. What makes you think we would still want to help you?
Old 09-11-2011
Threadstarter  

Bin4ry clearly you cant read then, I said nothing of the kind, its just this Tizwoz character started accusing me of having an attitude problem, well, yes I do have a problem with ebay - and who the hell do you think you are anyway?
Old 09-11-2011

Quote:
Bin4ry clearly you cant read then, I said nothing of the kind, its just this Tizwoz character started accusing me of having an attitude problem, well, yes I do have a problem with ebay - and who the hell do you think you are anyway?

Is there really any need to talk like this ?

Quote:
and who the hell do you think you are anyway?
Look mate, you have been here before same old same old, you have a much bigger problem than ebay and until you learn to listen you not going to learn anything, it's that simple, you will only get more and more pissed off as you lose accounts because the same thing keeps happening and it will be anyone Else's fault but your own I'm sure.

Old 09-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds
and who the hell do you think you are anyway?
Thank you for demostrating my point. Have a nice day, and good luck working out your ebay matter on your own.
Old 09-11-2011

jonny,people dont want to listen to you swearing and shoutin about how bad you have been treated

it happens all the time to all of us

cussin aint gonna get you nowhere

your attitude is a problem

for the forum and for potential buyers

i though tizwoz was argumentative but you take it another level
Old 09-11-2011

Longevity: 75%

Hmmmm - Not good!! Bad attitude on the board to people who are trying to help you usually means they turn their back on you. If you spoke to me like you are speaking to some of the others on here the only thing you would get from me is a trailer load of fresh chicken poo.

You might slag TizWoz but he has forgotten more than you will probably ever know - he's a much better friend than an enemy.

I have many friends on this forum - and they are all important to me - they help me and I hope I help them.

I can swear as good as you - but not here - it's not wanted here.

Hope you work it out - suggestion = have a vodka and come back tomorrow

Last edited by GrannyT; 09-11-2011 at 04:28 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
colt63 (09-12-2011), Stigger (09-12-2011)
Old 09-11-2011
Threadstarter  

Whats not good? Listen, I never came in here to shout at nobody, but it is starting to seem like whenever I come in here to try and get some advice about a problem I am having with ebay all I get is some muppet who is saying that I am in the wrong because ebay is always right....!!!

well, I have obviously got this website confused with a website that used to be about helping people who had fallen victim to ebays petty foilbles. In future I wont bother, I will just go straight to the ebay 'community' - and believe it or not I had more constructive advice from there.... Its a sad day for this forum when the majority of people in here start taking ebays side. Time to wind it up Aspkin!

Johnny