TRS discounts reduced - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default TRS discounts reduced

I see Ebay are reducing their TRS final value fee discounts - they never give up do they? Robbing bar stewards
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
I see Ebay are reducing their TRS final value fee discounts - they never give up do they? Robbing bar stewards
Won't be long until you have to pay them to be a TRS - LOAD OF OLD BO***CKS
Old 02-28-2012

Longevity: 79%

Can't say i'm shocked at anything they do now, it's all about money, money and more money!
Old 02-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanxful View Post
Can't say i'm shocked at anything they do now, it's all about money, money and more money!
In all seriousness this is just the next step in their grand plan to be rid of private, small and mid sized business sellers.

Everything that they have introduced over the last couple of years is towards this end. THEY DON'T WANT US!

Their plan is to be the biggest online outlet for major brands and retailers who have the infrastructure to deal with customer complaints and returns without e/b and p/p's need to give "buyer and seller protection" and all the back room stuff and expense that it entails.

They can just sit back and collect their fees which you can bet are no where near the same structure as they are for your average Joe.

There is no room in their plans for the likes of us and time is growing short I fear. Before long there will be no 'incentives' to be a better e/b seller.

Why? because there will be no platform for our kind of trading.
Old 02-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Is this just in the UK? In the US the discount is still listed as 20%, and I couldn't find anything indicating it was changing. Only recent change was they eliminated the 5% powerseller discount a few months back.
Old 02-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Is this just in the UK? In the US the discount is still listed as 20%, and I couldn't find anything indicating it was changing. Only recent change was they eliminated the 5% powerseller discount a few months back.
UK definitely at present. Announced on the site today.

Been no power seller discounts here for a long long time, probably a year or so.
Old 02-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
UK definitely at present. Announced on the site today.

Been no power seller discounts here for a long long time, probably a year or so.
OK, so this is probably COMING to the USA in about 10 months or so...

What did they reduce the discount to?
Old 02-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
OK, so this is probably COMING to the USA in about 10 months or so...

What did they reduce the discount to?
by 50% pretty much across the board
Old 02-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanws30 View Post

your time will come ebay, mark my words
Maybe but probably not before most of as are history
The Following User Says Thank You to NoneOther For This Useful Post:
Gman91189 (02-28-2012)
Old 02-28-2012

Longevity: 90%

What needs to happen is someone creates a search engine for auctions so you type in your item search in the search box and it searches ALL auction listings from Ebay / Ebid / Amazon / Google / Etsy etc. You know like a 'Compare the auction' type service or something similar.

If something like that existed and was used by the majority of people to search for products then it would kill ebays domination of the online auction marketplace. That way you'd be able to list on whatever online auction site you liked and still come up in the search results.

However I'm sure ebay would find some way to legally boycott such a search engine and discourage people from using it. The problem is that consumers dont seem to like switching services once they've got used to using something. I seem to remember in the days before Paypal was compulsory I used to have virtually no problem having people make payments into my bank account for items I sold on Ebay, however since Paypal was made compulsory people have got used to it and have also swallowed all the brainwashing bull about how not using Paypal will result in fraud etc... What a lot of bollocks!
Old 02-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

They just updated the US site. While they are not reducing the discounts for everyone, they ARE taking them away from some people altogether:

Starting in June, Top-rated sellers will need to have tracking information uploaded to eBay within their stated handling time on 90% or more of their transactions with US buyers. As of June 1, the 20% final value fee discount and greatest on average boost in Best Match will go to those listings from Top-rated sellers that include 1-day handling and a minimum 14-day return policy with a money-back refund option. Listings without these two services will still have the Top-rated seller badge and some boost in Best Match but will not earn the discounts or the highest average boost in Best Match.

So now, if you want the 20% discount, you must use uploaded tracking numbers and offer a minimum 14 day money back guarantee and 1 day handling.
Old 02-28-2012

Activity: 1%

I agree with u guys, but to an extent,
Try selling at other websites and see if you can compare to the profit of ebay. Not saying ebay is the best, but its deff not the worst
I don't know about you, but ebay is paying my bills
Old 02-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman91189 View Post
I agree with u guys, but to an extent,
Try selling at other websites and see if you can compare to the profit of ebay. Not saying ebay is the best, but its deff not the worst
I don't know about you, but ebay is paying my bills
As it is for most of us but maybe not for too many more years I reckon.
Old 02-28-2012

Activity: 1%

Quote:
As it is for most of us but maybe not for too many more years I reckon.
Meanwhile, stack up your paper
Old 02-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman91189 View Post
Meanwhile, stack up your paper
Amen to that Brother!!
Old 02-28-2012

Quote:
In all seriousness this is just the next step in their grand plan to be rid of private, small and mid sized business sellers.

Everything that they have introduced over the last couple of years is towards this end. THEY DON'T WANT US!

Their plan is to be the biggest online outlet for major brands and retailers who have the infrastructure to deal with customer complaints and returns without e/b and p/p's need to give "buyer and seller protection" and all the back room stuff and expense that it entails.

They can just sit back and collect their fees which you can bet are no where near the same structure as they are for your average Joe.

There is no room in their plans for the likes of us and time is growing short I fear. Before long there will be no 'incentives' to be a better e/b seller.

Why? because there will be no platform for our kind of trading.
Most certainly, I will defo not go down without a fight aswell as many others, as long as we go legit they'll never drive us off fully

But as they say you should never put all your eggs in one basket especially on a volatile platform like eBay.

Definitely invest eslewhere, plenty of ways just online to make money without selling anything else, just need time and abit of work.

Let's hope one day we actually have a competing platform to match eBay, but i highly doubt it who wants to even compete and invest so much money againest the biggest marketshare holder at 80%+.
Old 02-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanxful View Post
Most certainly, I will defo not go down without a fight aswell as many others, as long as we go legit they'll never drive us off fully

But as they say you should never put all your eggs in one basket especially on a volatile platform like eBay.

Definitely invest eslewhere, plenty of ways just online to make money without selling anything else, just need time and abit of work.

Let's hope one day we actually have a competing platform to match eBay, but i highly doubt it who wants to even compete and invest so much money againest the biggest marketshare holder at 80%+.
Fight who, e/b? I doubt that you or anyone can beat them if they decide to withdraw selling privileges to only those they allow to qualify. It's their ball park, their rules.

There are competing platforms but we are as brainwashed as buyers are. If sellers left e/b now and used other platforms buyers would follow.

e.b are not No.1 in every country e.g Austria and Poland have their own online auction sites that are far more frequented by locals than e/b

Don't let e/b dictate, use other sites no matter how small or low the traffic is because maybe some day not to far off they could be THE site in your region.

Just think where e/b would be tomorrow if every private, small and medium sized seller upped and went to another site.

That would certainly s**t on their plans and cause them ne end of financial loss.

Remember a business is built on it's customer base and many business have changed their customer base to a new 'level' leaving those that helped them build it behind. This is e/b's plan but customers can go of their own accord just as easily.

Why are we all waiting to be pushed? Maybe now is the time to JUMP
Old 02-28-2012

I think you should lead the movement lol we could start a REVOLUTION as of Today! YES WE CAN!!!
Old 02-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

It's in everyones power to do so. All you need to do is start using the other sites and bear with them.

Of source they're not going to do for you what e/b is right now but what about next year or the year after?

You never know

Every avalanche starts with one tiny rock moving and then that makes another move and another until the whole side of the mountain comes tumbling down.

You ar that tiny rock and e/b are the mountain.

I personally don't plan to stay on this mountain for ever there are other mountains to climb. Every rich person in the world will tell you something similar.

Read Warren Buffett.
Old 02-28-2012
Threadstarter  

All of the sentiments expressed on this thread have merit. IMO Ebays long term plan is indeed to do away with the small domestic seller. If you view it from outside the box Ebay are being as badly hit by the economic downturn as the rest of us. They will look at their income stream and evaluate how much they need to invest for each dollar earned in each category and from which type of seller. Their cost base algorithm is I suspect fairly uniform.

Much as we don't like it the large retailers who are now populating the Ebay listings cost them less in infrastructure costs than Ma & Pa clearing their garage.

Ebay is a cash generating business for the shareholders - they aint interested in what we think or what happens to us - all that's important is that the earnings per share increase year on year.

Buy combs boys - lousy times ahead

Old 02-28-2012

Longevity: 73%

what granny is trying to say, is take as much from those greedy *******s as you can now!!
Old 02-28-2012
Threadstarter  

Yes . . . but because I'm older I use a lot more words than you
Closed Thread