Banned on Paypal twice for no reason - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-02-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Banned on Paypal twice for no reason

Hi there,
Since I have bought eBay Stealth and i`m new to this forum as well. And I want to get back on ebay and paypal.

So, lets get on point. I hav opened ebay and paypal account twice and both time after 2 month or less my accounts were limited by paypal and my listing and my id from ebay as well. Ask many times and like always been given no reason. And I got about 4K stuck on my recent account and on previous I have about same amount as well.

I have read the book and its quite helpful but couple of things which are in my mind are such as; would that be possible to open a new ebay account following as the book says as a sole trader and use someone in family`s name but own the business my self? And on paypal side I give my family person detail and when it comes to add bank to verify on UK paypal it says the surname has to be same as paypal register name!!! so what can I do about that???

Any suggestion please. As I am really dead because I cannot do any business on ebay
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-02-2012

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
have opened ebay and paypal account twice and both time after 2 month or less my accounts were limited by paypal and my listing and my id from ebay as well"

"I got about 4K stuck on my recent account and on previous I have about same amount as well
Therein lies your problem, you are moving to quick.
The Following User Says Thank You to paypalpains For This Useful Post:
madi (03-03-2012)
Old 03-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitens View Post

I have read the book and its quite helpful but couple of things which are in my mind are such as; would that be possible to open a new ebay account following as the book says as a sole trader and use someone in family`s name but own the business my self? And on paypal side I give my family person detail and when it comes to add bank to verify on UK paypal it says the surname has to be same as paypal register name!!! so what can I do about that???

Any suggestion please. As I am really dead because I cannot do any business on ebay
Read the guide and make sure you understand the principle behind stealth before doing anything. Once you fully understand the principles then you will have your answer.

Everyones circumstances are different but ABOVE all you must avoid ANY LINKS with previous banned details.

Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to NoneOther For This Useful Post:
madi (03-03-2012)
Old 03-02-2012

Longevity: 79%

Don't rush your sales, imagine as if your new to eBay, what would you normally do?

Perhaps you would sell a few of your household items, even buy a few daily household products, then progress to actually selling your goods SLOWLY at first, play smart.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thankful For This Useful Post:
madi (03-03-2012)
Old 03-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Hi there,
Since I have bought eBay Stealth and i`m new to this forum as well. And I want to get back on ebay and paypal.

So, lets get on point. I hav opened ebay and paypal account twice and both time after 2 month or less my accounts were limited by paypal and my listing and my id from ebay as well. Ask many times and like always been given no reason. And I got about 4K stuck on my recent account and on previous I have about same amount as well.:
Zero to 4K in 2 months (twice) will certainly draw p/p's attention.

In their eyes the do not limit accounts for no reason, they just don't disclose the full reason to the account holder.

Your revenue in that space of time would indicate either high value items or very high volume. Both of which from a new account will be considered extremely high risk by p/p and that is the reason your accounts were limited.

I would hazard a guess that there is more to your story than you are letting on but that's a different matter and for you to disclose if you wish but without the full story and the fact the you have not read the guide enough to understand it fully will not encourage members here to give further advice.

P.S. If you have bought the guide then it is not showing that you are a subscribed member. PM a mod about that.

Good luck

Last edited by NoneOther; 03-02-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-02-2012

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

welcome to the forums

you have come to the right place

plenty of UK`ers about to help you out and get you back up and running
The Following User Says Thank You to GTB For This Useful Post:
madi (03-03-2012)
Old 03-02-2012

Longevity: 73%

for the love of god, why does everyone have this insane obsession with using friends or relatives info to get back on ebay?

you are not following the book closely enough i would suspect which is why you are getting limited over and over again.

are you using a new user account on windows? new ip? new address, phone number?
Old 03-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums.

Quote:
And on paypal side I give my family person detail and when it comes to add bank to verify on UK paypal it says the surname has to be same as paypal register name!!!
Seems like you need to read the guide +/- read around the forums more. This q has been addressed many times. All the best.
Old 03-02-2012

Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

feel free to drop me a PM if ya find it a little hard to grasp

you know am a good guy,i don't mind helping out the next man
The Following User Says Thank You to GTB For This Useful Post:
madi (03-03-2012)
Old 03-02-2012

Activity: 9%

I am almost certain that the people who continualy get limited are not following the stealth rules and are probaly slipshod in maintaining their accounts.

Then we get to hear them bitch how unfair it is.

It is because of the few who sell vero and foo foo items that have made it bad for the majority of this forums members who have done something wrong or had a bad client report because we all get tarred with the same brush.

These same forum members will still give bad service with their stealth accounts as they did when they were suspended the first time.

Sorry for the rant but I felt it had to be said.
Old 03-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
I am almost certain that the people who continualy get limited are not following the stealth rules and are probaly slipshod in maintaining their accounts.

Then we get to hear them bitch how unfair it is.

It is because of the few who sell vero and foo foo items that have made it bad for the majority of this forums members who have done something wrong or had a bad client report because we all get tarred with the same brush.

These same forum members will still give bad service with their stealth accounts as they did when they were suspended the first time.

Sorry for the rant but I felt it had to be said.
Thanks for your comment. but the actual thing is that i have not been limited twice AFTER reading the book. That was before i bought the book!!
Old 03-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by paypalpains View Post
"I have opened ebay and paypal account twice and both time after 2 month or less my accounts were limited by paypal and my listing and my id from ebay as well"

"I got about 4K stuck on my recent account and on previous I have about same amount as well."

Therein lies your problem, you are moving to quick.
Thanks for your reply.

Yes i have got to know now that that was the only reason of me getting blocked by paypal because too many transactions comming in.

But the thing is i`m not selling any doggy stuff. I sell workwear garments. And i own a LTD company. And we are in business since 1996. SO, i thought it would a good thing to go to ebay route. But as paypal have blocked me twice and now after too much argument they have conclude that they cannot provide me with any service in future!!

And after that my sales have gone in drain :(
Old 03-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
Read the guide and make sure you understand the principle behind stealth before doing anything. Once you fully understand the principles then you will have your answer.

Everyones circumstances are different but ABOVE all you must avoid ANY LINKS with previous banned details.

Good luck
Thanks for your comment.

Yes that is the reason I haven`t taken any step yet before I fully know what I am doing....
Old 03-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanws30 View Post
for the love of god, why does everyone have this insane obsession with using (STEALING) friends or relatives info to get back on ebay?

you are not following the book closely enough i would suspect which is why you are getting limited over and over again.

are you using a new user account on windows? new ip? new address, phone number?
Before I used same detail with both account.

I am sorting new ip address and other things as well. But main concern is that after using family person name, my brother will do that, but what about the Bank detail on paypal and address?
Old 03-05-2012

Quote:
Before I used same detail with both account.

I am sorting new ip address and other things as well. But main concern is that after using family person name, my brother will do that, but what about the Bank detail on paypal and address?
PayPal cannot see the name on your bank account or address.

So as long as your bank will accept payments in someone elses name then you are fine to link your own bank account to a new paypal account with someone elses name and address as long as the bank account has not been used for paypal before.

This is something the guide does not cover and probabley should and was one of the first questions I had when going stealth.

As for using your brothers name once you do a high volume of sale 10K 50K and 100K at each step you will need to supply evidence of personal documents that you own the account.

So passport, drivers licence, army issue ID or any government ID that shows name photo and DOB along with utility bills, council tax bill and so on.

If your a business then clearly state what you sell and the volume of sales you produce where you can inside paypal.

As for high sales, well look some businesses process millions of pounds a year using paypal so to be told off people here that high sales volumes sets of alarm bells is rubbish, yes t draws attention but if you are a business with all the right docs any hold on money or limitation can be quickly lifted.

The high sales that draw attention are from people with personal accounts doing business on ebay that suddenly go from zero to 4k in a month that's when your account gets shut down but as a business trading online then there is no limit to the amount of sales you want to process and the best way to go about this is either call paypal and tell them you expect to do alot of business with them and have all you docs ready to fax off when needed.

The only thing that would link you is if you keep selling from the same website and all your items are the same so if you have a personal website then i suggest re branding and go slow on ebay if thats your route, the oly issue is, is that they have already closed you down twice so am sure there will be a log of the items you sell and any personal website links to you as well.

take it slow and good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to ctufc For This Useful Post:
madi (03-05-2012)
Old 03-05-2012

Longevity: 75%

I was going to respond and I see ctufc has said all that I would have said, albeit in different words.

Nice post ctufc
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
madi (03-05-2012)
Old 03-05-2012

Longevity: 77%

ctufc / GrannyT - So basically what you are both saying in simple terms is that if anyone is expecting to be selling full time you shouldnt be doing it on a 'Premier' account you should in fact be opening 'Business' accounts which will reflect why you are doing the amount of sales you are?

I have thought about this previously however have got to the part on ctufc's post where it says 'as long as you have the relevant documents to hand to fax off at anytime', are we talking specific business documents and if so what could these be?

Also, if you're running as business through ebay / paypal with a business PP account is there anything different needed to be implemented on the setup? (only reason I ask is I have 8 account running for over 6 months now all in good standing on premier accounts) but the sales I could be / hoping to do soon will build up slowly to be quite a lot so would I need to get business accounts in place or can you actually upgrade from PREMIER to BUSINESS?

If one of you could PM if there is sensitive information would be great.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-05-2012

Premier account is OK - I have turned over 100K in a month on a Premier account last summer - if you are operating as a business be a business and not try to look like someone earning pin money
Old 03-05-2012

Documents will be Purchase Invoices, Bank details, personal details, address details - in short anything that proves you are what you say you are
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
madi (03-05-2012)
Old 03-05-2012

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
Premier account is OK - I have turned over 100K in a month on a Premier account last summer - if you are operating as a business be a business and not try to look like someone earning pin money
So in theory you could run a business on a premier account or is it non advisable?

Also 100k!? Surely they implemented a couple of limitations on that...
Old 03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavey10 View Post
So in theory you could run a business on a premier account or is it non advisable?

Also 100k!? Surely they implemented a couple of limitations on that...
No they didn't - it's called running a business - and being seen to run a business
Old 03-05-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctufc View Post
PayPal cannot see the name on your bank account or address.

So as long as your bank will accept payments in someone elses name then you are fine to link your own bank account to a new paypal account with someone elses name and address as long as the bank account has not been used for paypal before.

This is something the guide does not cover and probabley should and was one of the first questions I had when going stealth.

As for using your brothers name once you do a high volume of sale 10K 50K and 100K at each step you will need to supply evidence of personal documents that you own the account.

So passport, drivers licence, army issue ID or any government ID that shows name photo and DOB along with utility bills, council tax bill and so on.

If your a business then clearly state what you sell and the volume of sales you produce where you can inside paypal.

As for high sales, well look some businesses process millions of pounds a year using paypal so to be told off people here that high sales volumes sets of alarm bells is rubbish, yes t draws attention but if you are a business with all the right docs any hold on money or limitation can be quickly lifted.

The high sales that draw attention are from people with personal accounts doing business on ebay that suddenly go from zero to 4k in a month that's when your account gets shut down but as a business trading online then there is no limit to the amount of sales you want to process and the best way to go about this is either call paypal and tell them you expect to do alot of business with them and have all you docs ready to fax off when needed.

The only thing that would link you is if you keep selling from the same website and all your items are the same so if you have a personal website then i suggest re branding and go slow on ebay if thats your route, the oly issue is, is that they have already closed you down twice so am sure there will be a log of the items you sell and any personal website links to you as well.

take it slow and good luck.
Thanks for your comment mate.

Ok, well in begning I did used all relavent details which were correct as well. because we are a Limited company so my idea was to sell the stuff om ebay through pp BUT as soon as i opened the acc because my sales were so high because my prices was very low then other sellers and thats why my sales went for £0 to £4 in month and so. Which probably the main reason or if someone else flag me because i beat their prices !!!!

And after been banned i provided all the information including invoices, company detailes, VAT I send about 27 pages to them. But at the end the only answer i had was NO we cannot provide you any service in future and gave me no reason, Even i said to them that we are family business and stopping us on pp means stopping us trading and not letting us run the business but it does`nt mean anything to them,.

I even tried to open a pp PRO acc as well which costs £20 a month because i did`nt wanted to be out bid but they denied that as well!!!!!