Suspended account but can't figure out why for sure?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-12-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Suspended account but can't figure out why for sure??

Basically lost 11 Accounts in the last week have received this email for each of them:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear XXXXXXX (XXXXXX@live.com)

Based on your account information and activity, it looks like user ID , which is a restricted account, is associated with your account. This usually indicates that both accounts belong to the same person. Registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid buying and selling restrictions, limits, or other policy consequences is not allowed. At this time, your sulla8511 account is suspended.

Any seller fees that are still owed are due to eBay immediately. eBay will charge any amounts that you have not previously disputed to the billing method that is currently on file.

For more information about using multiple accounts on eBay, go to:
Using multiple accounts

We appreciate your cooperation.

Regards,

eBay

H71658

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The user ID part is actually blank so I've no idea what they're linked too.

I have via live chat asked about 5 of the accounts. 3 linked to a suspended account from about 4 years ago of mine. The other 2 no actual answer other than "They'll pass my query onto the relevant team who will get back to me in 24- 48hrs" twaddle. Then surprise surprise no answer back via email

Now I can't figure out how I've been linked?

All accounts have theire own paypal accounts and windows id user accounts. Plus of course different ip addresses.

All have different address, name, email, telephone numbers, vcc etc

They're all between 1 and a half years old and 9 months old. All have good feedback dsr etc.

They're all selling the same sort of things I've even had the exif data removed from the pictures I use on the listings to ensure they're not linked that way.

The only ways I can think they may be are:

- Some where down the line an IP address has been aquired from 4 or less yrs ago from a suspended account.
-Someone has manually either from within ebay or another ebay user, looked at the listings I've been selling and reported me to ebay. (Nothing VERO by the way)
-OR and I'll admit this they have been linked for having the same password,Security Question and answer and date of birth.

Or a combination of all of those.

However the one I've lost tonight I went and changed the password and security question on monday to something different and of course ones I've not used before. Yet still its been linked.

Is it basically down to the password, DOB and security question?

Sorry for this being epic in explaining but need some of your thoughts

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 73%

This could be down to a number of things but the same password,security question and answer and date of birth are DEFINITE red flaggers as is the fact that they are all the same or similar eb/pp a/c from the same or similar locations selling the same or similar items using the same or similar item listings/pictures/item descriptions from same or similar age eb accounts.

You see how this is beginning to look to EB when this data is amassed & scrutinized eh ???
generousclaw (12-23-2012), Stigger (09-14-2012)
Old 09-12-2012
Threadstarter  

Yep its as I suspected then.

However if I had changed the password and security question (which I did) would that not knock that flag off? DOB of course can't be changed.

Also I get you in regards to the listings/pictures/item descriptions. However theres only so many ways you can say in effect the same sort of thing (i'll be proved wrong now doubtless) ?

Also Doubtless many people use the same pictures to sell the same things. Plus the exif data has been removed so they can't link it that way?
Old 09-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 73%

Once an account is flagged, you cannot then suddenly 'unflag' it. It does not work like that.

On a manual review it would be plausible for an eb staffer to discern not only the same pictures but the other similarities of the accounts from the various metrics mentioned above.

You will have to be more imaginative & inventive in your approaches.
Stigger (09-14-2012)
Old 09-13-2012
Threadstarter  

Understood.

Just I'm some what bemused as to why they (the accounts) suddenly become flagged after at least 5 months of selling or at most 1yr and 9 months of selling?

If they were going to do something like that I'd have thought they'd have done it sooner as its hardly as if they've not been selling the same items on all of them for long and they've not had time to take action on them. They've had plenty of time to be spotted by someone in ebay or not within ebay.

Also in regards to an account being flagged. Does that mean if you change the data mentioned above, Security question, password etc from what you have registered when you created the account that its still going to be flagged months or even years after you have done so? Even though the data is going to be different from what you originally registered?

Still as you say I'll have to be a little more imaginative.
Old 09-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Date of birth is BIG - especially with some other nonstealth actions.
Old 09-14-2012
Threadstarter  

I see, however that does surely mean then that anyone who uses a Date of Birth from a suspended account potentially also has their account flagged then? Could be a lot of birth dates black listed on ebay if thats the case?
Old 09-14-2012

Longevity: 72%

If you use a DOB that you have already used on another account then there should be no reason to link the accounts. BUT......If you use same the same DOB and similar characteristics to other listings made with a suspended account then you will be caught eventually....you may as well use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ DOB as it is just safer.

Have you purchased the eBook? you should as alot of this kind of stuff is mentioned in it.
Old 09-14-2012
Threadstarter  

I did....obviously not closely enough.

However when you create an account from scratch now (at least a uk one anyway) Date of birth isn't even a field thats need to be filled in. Does not even show when registering...