Unable to get a bank account - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-23-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%

i see, thanks guys, i will start a separate thread
The Following User Says Thank You to sommer33 For This Useful Post:
Stigger (12-13-2012)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Anyone tried Yorkshire Bank?
Old 10-25-2012

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortex View Post
Anyone tried Yorkshire Bank?

About 2 years ago was my last time and it worked fine

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 10-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

I made a new savers online.
Added the £1 top open it but never got the 1p from paypal.

it either doesnt work anymore....OR...I sent the 1p from paypal too early and the savers hadnt been activated
Old 10-25-2012

Longevity: 79%

give it 48 and try again

well i would say tuesday.

i know some one whos using them right now but they have had there account a while too.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
cortex (10-25-2012)
Old 10-27-2012

Longevity: 81%

Now i'm unsure if this has already been mentioned in the thread as i cant be bothered reading it all

But i think the law in the UK says we can open basic bank accounts no matter how bad our credit rating is. I think this is one of the reasons why basic bank accounts where created in the first place.

I say go back to a bank and explain. I found santander and barclays to be good. I have bad credit ratings and i still gained accounts in those banks.

I hope this helps.
Old 10-28-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 74%

Thanks for all the responses

I was turned down by Barclays, Co-op and Santander because of poor credit. Halifax also turned me down but have offered me an Easycash account, which should be opened by the end of the week.

And I can't believe I didn't think of this before but I already have a bank account that I don't remember ever using with PayPal, the reason I didn't think of it bfore was because the debit card attached to the bank account has been used.

So, do they view debit cards and bank accounts as different things? If the actual bank details (account no & sort code) have never been used, could I try that even though the debit card has been? I'm willing to let it be disposable just to see if it would work!
Old 10-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

No luck on yorkshire...waited 3 days. Nothing.
Called paypal and said they would look into it. Still nothing.

Im using the first 8 digits of the "account number" + the standard sort code. Still nothing.

Im guessing there is nothing useful for YBS and stealthing.
Old 10-28-2012

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshavin View Post
Now i'm unsure if this has already been mentioned in the thread as i cant be bothered reading it all

But i think the law in the UK says we can open basic bank accounts no matter how bad our credit rating is. I think this is one of the reasons why basic bank accounts where created in the first place.

I say go back to a bank and explain. I found santander and barclays to be good. I have bad credit ratings and i still gained accounts in those banks.

I hope this helps.
very true. however, Santander flatly refused me, but everywhere else gave me accounts. I can understand why people find it so difficult to open basic bank accounts though, seeing as only Barclays and the Co-Op actively advertise these sorts of accounts on their websites. Saying that, it's not exactly difficult to google "natwest basic bank account" or "uk basic bank account" either.
Old 10-31-2012

Longevity: 70%

Has anyone tried the PAYG option for ClearC*sh ? I almost signed up a moment ago but thought I would ask here first. They say they give you a unique account number (so I am guessing not a reference number) and accept direct debit and no monthly fees if you are happy to pay a percentage for transactions (or free if you pay a tenner a month).
Old 10-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Far better options available.

Be aware that p/p do not like certain banks and use of these will draw unwanted attention to your account. Do not for a moment think they don't know which bank you use, the can identify it from the sort code.

Stick to the High St banks for best results unless you really know what you are doing.
Old 10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
Far better options available.

Be aware that p/p do not like certain banks and use of these will draw unwanted attention to your account. Do not for a moment think they don't know which bank you use, the can identify it from the sort code.

Stick to the High St banks for best results unless you really know what you are doing.
Trouble is I have a few bank accounts already. I have 2 current, 1 basic, 1 savings, and 1 business. The last one I got was the basic one, only 5 months ago, didn't want to have to open another so soon. Just thought the PAYG option might be good to save the hassle/risk of having another bank account, 2.5% on a transaction is not too bad. Do you know if anyone has been successful with using them for verification ?
Old 10-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

The number of accounts you already have barely scratchs the surface of what is possible in terms of the number of accounts you could have from the High St if approached in the right way.

I have never used the type of accounts you mention and never would but there have been reports of mixed success with them.
Old 10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
The number of accounts you already have barely scratchs the surface of what is possible in terms of the number of accounts you could have from the High St if approached in the right way.

I have never used the type of accounts you mention and never would but there have been reports of mixed success with them.
Thanks again. If I were to sign up with Natwest for another basic bank account, 5 months after the last time, would that be wise ? If so, do you know if they require all the sign up info again or do they just say "yep, have another account" ?
Old 10-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Nat West are pretty good with existing customers opening new accounts. Just be sure not to open too many too quickly and be able to justify why you need them if they start to ask questions.

However my advice is don't have all your eggs in one basket, there are other banks that are just as good. Spread them around. It's not difficult, just takes a little planning and opening the right type of accounts i.e. not CURRENT accounts.
Old 12-11-2012

Ok i just applied for a new bank with HALIFAX - easy cash account. I have 7 days for their response. Lets see what happens.

I have lloyds barclays at the moment and I hope they will provide me with a new account, my credit score is not amazing and perfect too.
Old 12-11-2012

Longevity: 77%

I have over 25 accounts now in total spread around... all with high street banks. All I will say is on account number 6 at a certain bank they ask questions, be prepared for an answer!
Old 12-11-2012

what do you say when you open 20th account ? with a bank. They check you tho.
Old 12-11-2012

Longevity: 66%

Yeah, so can someone please give a suitable answer... so it helps everyone round the forum if anyone comes into that.
Old 12-11-2012

Longevity: 69%

i used to use https://www.cardonebanking.com/

they accept paypal miss matched names i used to use it all the time very freindly on the phone help is available and very laid back

i told them " before i sign up to you guys my cousin is going to pay money into my account as i work for him it may come up with a different name is that ok?" and they said yes

very god service with these guys and you can open as many accounts with them as you want

only catch tho its £12.50 per month

NO Credit Checks
No Hidden Fees
Open To Everyone (Cardholder must be at least 18 years of age)
Pay Your Bills And Be In Control Of Your Money
Telephone, Text And Secure** Online Account Access
NO Setup Fees!

Call them today on

0871 811 1881
The Following User Says Thank You to tucstore For This Useful Post:
sokol3k (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012

thats a good one. I will consider it as my next bank account !
Old 12-12-2012

Longevity: 84%

there are many many bank accounts out there for free (unless youve used them all)

id say the money your spending on banks would be better put to use getting addresses you have access to
The Following User Says Thank You to they_screwed_me_too For This Useful Post:
NoneOther (12-12-2012)