Unable to get a bank account - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-13-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortex View Post
No luck on yorkshire...waited 3 days. Nothing.
Called paypal and said they would look into it. Still nothing.

Im using the first 8 digits of the "account number" + the standard sort code. Still nothing.

Im guessing there is nothing useful for YBS and stealthing.

Try the bank, and ask the if they can see the code on your account next to the transaction.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-13-2012

Longevity: 79%

Oh and before i forget, the people that really must pay for a bank account then instead of paying a monthly fee, why not pay a one off fee to a company to get you a high street bank ?

Guaranteed Bank Account, Guaranteed Business Bank Account and Free Bank Accounts, Poor Credit Bank Accounts & Personal Bank Accounts whether you have good or Bad Credit we can help, start up or existing businesses, choice of banks all Guaranteed exce

theres loads of places like the above.

I have used the above so i know they work.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
DoubleA (12-16-2012), GreenBean (12-15-2012)
Old 12-15-2012

Longevity: 70%

ok my credit rating is rubbish... I have just opened Halifax Cash Account "easy cash account" - dont confuse it with current account. This is probably the easiest to obtain I assume.

I went online and filled in a form within 5 minutes I declared that this account will be used for savings etc. After 3 days I have received my letter with bank acc and sort code.!!

Only what I need to do is go to the branch with proof of address and signed copy of this agreement.

How easy is that ? It saves so much time for me and hassle. Thanks a lot for all your support guys !!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sokol3k For This Useful Post:
eiross (10-17-2013), GreenBean (12-15-2012)
Old 12-16-2012

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
If you knew in advance your credit rating was poor, why did you not think to check the forum? I do hope you have not gone & gotten 4 markers on your file now after the banks said No. Trying 4 banks in a short period is problematic even with OK credit.

You could have got advice above and been the owner of new accounts.

Yes, Your credit goes down more, getting so many flags on your credit account.
Old 12-20-2012

Please read this is you still have some doubts with opening an account with banks:

On halifax cash account, I have received a letter explaining the whole process of identity check, this is what they say:

"Thanks to development in technology we can make identity checks much faster then ever before. We use an electronic identification process that's basically a high-speed search by a credit reference agency. It is not a credit check. It just checks your personal details against other databases that have the same information. As long as everything's okay, that's all we need to do. If we cant check your identity electronically, then we'll ask you to bring some official ID along to a branch."

so get your ass to the nearest branch or do it online like i did. Its so painless and takes seconds to do it. I have supplied all docs to the nearest branch and I am waiting to receive my cards very soon. The lady who served me haven't asked me a single question, like:

1. why i am opening account
2. if this is my first account in UK
3. What is your occupation
4. how the account will be funded

and so on.

none of those questions, have been asked when I went to the branch.

Highly recommended. CASH ACCOUNTS. BASIC Halifax, Bank of Scotland

Do not try CURRENT ACCOUNT if you are poor with CR

Amen.
Old 12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisek View Post
Had applications rejected by 4 different banks in the last week due to my terrible, terrible credit rating.

Any alternatives if a bank won't give you an account?
try basic current account from natwest - they do not check the credit history. Normally they will open up to 5 without questions.
Old 12-20-2012

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by syva View Post
try basic current account from natwest - they do not check the credit history. Normally they will open up to 5 without questions.
I have 6 currently and the sixth did beg more questions however, I just gave them a legit reason and it seems OK.