My master plan to try and open a UK EBAY and PayPal - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

What exactly have you done with paypal & bank account. Is paypal verified or
limited?

Last edited by GreenBean; 07-05-2008 at 05:23 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-07-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
What exactly have you done with paypal & bank account. Is paypal verified or
limited?
hello

it's a brand new paypal account using the entropay to get verified already and it's linked to my brand new ebay account also, however, when i add my real bank account and try to withdraw money to the bank, it was returned and said the information is not matched with my paypal account, please advise

thanks
Old 07-10-2008

Longevity: 92%

Has anyone else had this problem? Does thi mean that thename has to be real name on yr bank account?

rmwong888 did u resolve this issue yet?
Old 07-10-2008
Banned

Longevity: 91%

i have just got a new ebay acount and paypal aco**** after beeing suspended both i had no problem using the info on this site. but i have have made a mistake i think. i have them in difrent adress. but both the same phone numbers.i have won items and paid by check no problem there . but when i start to sell and take payments will i get suspended again. or do i change the name and adress on the paypal account befor i list or will this get me flaged.

Last edited by Modee; 07-13-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-10-2008

Default Multiple paypal accounts

I don't have a problem with paypal accounts - just keep opening new ones with prepaid cards in different names and using it up to the limits - I know i 'm risking being suspended if they are linked but I haven't so far on 6 accounts - I just make sure I always spend the money when i get another £hundred and also make sure no customers have reason to complain.

They all have the same tel numbers for contact & I haven't been collared yet.

it's a pain - being verified would make life much easier but can't get a new bank account due to being bankrupt so I have to make do.

Now Trying to open new Ebay accounts IS proving a nightmare - I've tried eveything I can think of including virtual tel number sites & voip -= get the ebay call fine but can't get any method I've tried to recognise the touchtone number they ask you to press before getting the code.

I'm serously thinking about geting new BT line with 2 numbers at £150.. i figure I can get 6 new accounts open with 2 numbers which works out at £25 per account which i should be able to make before getting chucked off agin.

Ps i never rip people off with ebay just sell 'grey area' merchandise.
Old 07-11-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by medway30 View Post
Has anyone else had this problem? Does thi mean that thename has to be real name on yr bank account?

rmwong888 did u resolve this issue yet?
No, i can't withdraw the money from that ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal account to my real bank account, i think the guideline in the ebay steathly is somewhat misleading, i can do nothing but sent the money to my real paypal account and withdraw it, good luck
Old 07-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldigital View Post
I don't have a problem with paypal accounts - just keep opening new ones with prepaid cards in different names and using it up to the limits - I know i 'm risking being suspended if they are linked but I haven't so far on 6 accounts - I just make sure I always spend the money when i get another £hundred and also make sure no customers have reason to complain.

They all have the same tel numbers for contact & I haven't been collared yet.

it's a pain - being verified would make life much easier but can't get a new bank account due to being bankrupt so I have to make do.

Now Trying to open new Ebay accounts IS proving a nightmare - I've tried eveything I can think of including virtual tel number sites & voip -= get the ebay call fine but can't get any method I've tried to recognise the touchtone number they ask you to press before getting the code.

I'm serously thinking about geting new BT line with 2 numbers at £150.. i figure I can get 6 new accounts open with 2 numbers which works out at £25 per account which i should be able to make before getting chucked off agin.

Ps i never rip people off with ebay just sell 'grey area' merchandise.
Hi Paul,

if you're having trouble getting a bank account due to bankrupt status, you may be able to get an account from thinkbanking (online & via phone) - no credit check and its a managed account that costs £12 per month. Yorkshire Bank also do a similar low status account that works. (via branches).

Equilibrium
Old 07-11-2008

Equil, that sounds good, i will be opening one very soon and will report back
Old 07-11-2008

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2414 View Post
wushu i work for british telecom mate a phone box is not a physical address!!!!!!!!! When paypal do the phone verification they wont be able to match the phone to the correct address so they will send a code via mail, NOW where will that code go ????? Nowhere!! So your screwed then. Listen to us for crying out loud, if you want to argue i'll give up now.
How about using the address on the Phone box?
Old 07-13-2008

Default Fone Verificatiopn Trix

Hi pauldigital

Don't bother getting a new land line installed mate. I have a bit of info that is going to make u smile like a new born baby

I had the same trouble with trying to enter the verification code via a toll forwarding number because it wouldn't recognise the touch tone.

The way around it is:

1) Get your mobile and in the 'profiles' tab set the keypad volume to maximum.

2) receive the verification call from ebay

3) Hold the SPEAKER of your mobile to the MICROPHONE of your landline handset.

4) Dial the verification code into your mobile

5) Job done! the verification software will recognise the tones from your mobile phone VIA your landline handset.

Good luck with it but i GUARANTEE it will work.

PS - You can chuck that £150 that you were going to spend on the land lines my way if you like :D
Old 07-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Can anyone confirm that this will work. Also, if there's no landline available (calls redirected to an overseas mobile) could this be done using another mobile?
Old 07-13-2008

So your saying Redirected geographical numbers routed to your own line then use a mobile phone? Will someone try this please and report back!!

Mant,

They don;t really have an address, last i knew is they go by the nearest house number.
Example.

If it was near No.1 Rockfield Road i think it's PTO 1 Rockfield.

Not 100%. But you wont receieve any mail there lol, probably would go to the house.
Old 07-14-2008

Default fone verification

definately works 100%. I did it 2 weeks ago.

If any one else has tried it... please report back to confirm this neat little trick
Old 07-14-2008

Vood, is thi sjust with ebay or ebay and paypal ?
Old 07-14-2008

Default fone verification

I did it with ebay. but if they also use a touch tone system with paypal, theoretically it should also work with them.

It works with anything that uses touch tone. you can even dial people's numbers into your land line using your mobile
Old 07-14-2008

If anybody has any success using this method to verify Paypal I would be grateful if you could please let us know.
Old 07-15-2008

Default Mobile to landline method

Hi Voodoo..

Thanks a mill forthat advice - goin to try it tonight and I'll let u all know how it goes. Bit of a pain that my free trial has ended but what's a fiver or a tenner if it works? nothing.

I'll b back.

Fingers crossed!
Old 07-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Default story so far

ok,
got a new e-bay account by using one friends address and another friends phone number, couldnt match them up, they are not in same area but its the best i could do.
so managed to get the phone verifcation etc and got the e-bay account and its ok for buying only. Tried to sell and it said it wouldnt let me, hard to understand error message but think it wants paypal verified or more verification, the paypal account i just set up is obviously not verified, so it seems i have to set up new current account which is a pain.
ANYWAY ROUND THIS? IS IT THAT THE ADDRESS and NUMBER i gave flagged something up for more verifcation, not sure, but in the past when i used my now suspended account, there werent these prob just gave real address and number, obviously matched up and i was away.
i linked paypal and e-bay account together.
Other thing is, how do you get them to verify by post (send you a slip), when i signed up for e-bay seller account it would only let me do phone verifcation, what do you press to get other type, it didnt seem to want to let me not enter a phone number, i entered a mobile first and it said it tried to phone it but couldnt. i tied saying id pay seller fees by paypal then tried debit card, still wanted phone verification.
Old 07-16-2008

You really seriously need to read the book.

Paypal send the verification through post not ebay.

Im not helping until you buy the book
Old 07-16-2008

why you making a big deal about it
1. just use a freinds address and number
2. your name
3. open a new savings accounts

its simple
Old 07-17-2008

Longevity: 93%

Have you thought of sending the money to your REAL email address, I know you get double fees, but it is worth it when you're talking lots of cash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmwong888 View Post
I've purchased the eBay Stealth mate, and follow all the steps to create an paypal account and ebay account, however, when i add my bank account to the paypal account (different name with the paypal account), and try to withdraw the fund to that account, it finally returned and a handling fee is charged, can anyone help? how can i withdraw the money in my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal account to my real account?

thanks for your help
Old 07-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_chile View Post
definately works 100%. I did it 2 weeks ago.

If any one else has tried it... please report back to confirm this neat little trick
Didnt work for me