Sold over 12K worth of Goods now what...? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-16-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default Sold over 12K worth of Goods now what...?

Hi guys,

I may or may not need some advice very shortly.

I will start at the very beginning and work my way through so please bear with me.

Started eBaying back in 2008 and after around 9 months broke a few silly rules which got me temporarily suspended. Rather than wait the 30/90 days or whatever it was I decided to open a new account, but in my naivety and my hunger for the money It got linked immediately and earnt me a lifetime ban.

I some how caught lucky as we had just changed internet supplier, so had a new IP and new Landline telephone number, so we registered a new account at the wives parents address but using our new IP and new Landline telephone number. Even setting up a new PayPal account in her brothers name and then changing the first name to the wives name (as you can't change the surname) we added a bank account and off we went.

Built up just under 9k feedback and pretty much sell on the straight and narrow. Have spoke to eBay plenty of times on the phone etc... and the account is pretty much above board now and nothing to worry about.

However I do seize the opportunity when it arises and I think I may have overdone it this time.

With the new Samsung S4 being launched I straight away put the new Samsung S View Flip case on sale for preorder at £14.99 each, I followed all eBay guidelines for the preorder status as you do, subtitle, description, despatch date, even going as far as adding a note to the checkout box. However after selling over 800 cases in 10 days I started getting emails in asking where there orders where. I clearly explained that all the information clearly available before and after purchase stating it's a preorder item and it will be with them shortly.

Pretty much all preorders have been sent (rest done in the next 2 days) and on top of the odd eBay dispute and negative feedback for poor quality (I am refunding all unhappy customers to keep them sweet) the one thing that has me worried the most is losing my account due to low despatch time through no fault of my own as all the information is clearly visible and follows eBay rules.

Anyway, I just wanted to get that out there as I am pretty confident that I will be back here very shortly. I am off to buy the stealth guide to get to grips with what's what.

Anyone any suggestions or advice in the mean time whether to prep or try and save the account?

Cheers

Last edited by aspkin; 05-18-2013 at 10:29 PM. Reason: editing out ⊗⊗⊗⊗
The Following User Says Thank You to SMckay For This Useful Post:
sax4 (05-22-2013)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-20-2013

Longevity: 65%

Sell hundreds of 99p phone charms with free p and p.
This protects your despatch time dsr and your postage dsr.
Lose a little bit of money on these to allow you to make the bigger money
Old 05-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Change the type of item you sell as well.

Long term this is going to be problematic

Old 05-20-2013

Longevity: 73%

He made $12000 in 10 days and greenbeans advice is to change your item lol
Blows my mind...
Old 05-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by last3379 View Post
He made $12000 in 10 days and greenbeans advice is to change your item lol
Blows my mind...
OK, so he took in $12,000. But how much was profit? Unless he is selling information via download, he as to pay the cost of the merchandise, and shipping and eBay and PayPal fees and absorb any losses for replacements or refunds....

I'm NOT asking to OP to post your profits. That is your business. I was just using the example he pointed out.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
MM78 (05-20-2013)
Old 05-21-2013

That's the beauty of selling pre-ordered, you money is not tied up for long and and profit margins are higher being the first to sell a new item. The only problem is if something happens to your stock... your f***ed, sold a few items this way before when I first started eBay, but now I see the problems that can go wrong with it that I would probably not sell this way again. But good luck to you and hope the account does well.
Old 05-21-2013
Threadstarter  

Hey guys,

Appreciate the replies.

I am in the UK so we are talking £'s but that is beside the point.

As said I pretty much sell on the straight and narrow but seized the oppurtunity that I saw and is definitely a one off which I am reinvesting into future products and expanding the business. Not one to usually brag but the profit after all costs was around £8,000 (before any refunds) as the cases cost £1.90 each and was sold for £14.99 each

Other sellers have jumped on the market now and saturated it will sellers selling at £3.99 now.

Anyways I panicked as you do, came here looking for information and reassurance which I got ready loads of threads, that if I got shut down I could operate again, albeit with selling limits across various accounts.

I am currently selling off cheap accessories and stylus for 99p with free shipping running as loss leaders to build up feedback and score,s that said it's not really high enough volume. I think the lesson learnt here is be prepared if doing preorders in the future.

So far refunding immediately for any problems without the need to return which si keeping customers sweet, not noticed any major dents in despatch, couple of of 3's, 4's and odd 1 or 2 but nothing game changing.

Cheers for the reassurance you guys give.
Old 05-21-2013

Lol, luv it.....if it got stopped you would have have crapped your pants, sold the normal ones not the s view, well done. As you say the monies at the begin, you really need to be super fast.
Old 05-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Be careful during your withdrawal process from PP.
Old 05-21-2013
Threadstarter  

Cheers

I did leave all funds in PP whilst I awaited stock but then when I joined here and read through several threads I thought it was bet to withdraw (over several withdrawals at that)

All funds gone from PP and gone from the linked bank account.

Left 1K for refunds and eBay fees.
The Following User Says Thank You to SMckay For This Useful Post:
last3379 (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMckay View Post
Cheers

I did leave all funds in PP whilst I awaited stock but then when I joined here and read through several threads I thought it was bet to withdraw (over several withdrawals at that)

All funds gone from PP and gone from the linked bank account.

Left 1K for refunds and eBay fees.
Awesome move to get it out - any recommendations on your part on amounts withdrawn safely? I mean increments like 250, 500, 700, etc?