Multi Business accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-11-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default Multi Business accounts

In the UK I am the owner of 2 Limited companies and registered with companies house for those businesses at the same address.
they have separate bank accounts also.

I have an unlimited Paypal account and an Ebay account in good standing in one of the business names.

If I wanted to set up a second PayPal account and eBay account for the second business would this get connected to the first account, even though we have separate company numbers / vat numbers bank accounts. the names on the directorship are the same. we do have a different registered address (only for HMRC post though) but the bank and director address is the same.

Any advise on how to set this up as a second account would be useful.

Ps we have a windows VPS we can use to map a different IP address to the account so that would be different form the first account.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-13-2013

Normal - non-stealthed accounts:

I have 2 business accounts on eBay.
They are both linked to the same Paypal account.

However, you may choose to have 2 different Paypal accounts.

If it's 1 account, they can (if you wish/select this option) link both your existing ebay account & the new one, thus giving preferred selling limits to your new account.
The business information, i.e. address, telephone number and owner name can be the same, and there has been no problems.
Obviously if you have different Vat & company numbers those can also be put in accordingly.

I'm not sure if you can link 2 accounts with 2 different paypals, you would have to contact ebay.
But if you open a new account, and upgrade it to a seller account, you would have very low selling limits from the get-go.

So preferably you should link them, if you want the new account to skip a few steps in the process from brand new to established.

This is all from personal experience. It may differ case by case, but as a whole should be similar for yourself.
Old 06-16-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 68%

As they are 2 seperate companies they should be fine. However logging in the accounts from the same location and IP can cause problems of linkage.
Old 06-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Many thanks for your answers.

I do actually want to try to get the accounts work individually without being linked.
And don't mind the waiting around for increasing of seller limits, 1 account has a 2000 limit already but I don't want it to become shared with the other account.

I understand about the IP address part and that makes sense, what about the link on name and address will that be an issue.

Both companies have the same trading address and bank details addresses, but different everything else.

Thanks
Old 06-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

The same names is the same info.

You are therefore linked.

You will need to be careful doing this. If ebay thinks you are making a 2nd account to get around selling limits, you have a risk of suspension.

What do you intend doing?