Issues with new buyer and paypal glitches - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-15-2013
peghmeypong

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default Issues with new buyer and paypal glitches

So a buyer emailed saying 'can't afford item, please cancel, sorry, its my first time, blah blah blah'. 'Whats the point in kicking up a fuss about legally binding agreements or whatever?' I ask my myself.

So I agree, send a cancellation request, relist item. Next thing, I get a paypal notification to say they've paid. I think fair enough, she's changed her mind. Then I get a 'transaction has been cancelled' email..... So then i'm thinking i'm gonna get limited because it looks like i'm trying to avoid EB fees.

So i'm logged on and looking... then I get a message from buyer, i'm expecting 'I changed my mind cos you're so nice and the best seller on ebay', but it says 'thanks for being so understanding, have left positive feedback even though we didn't proceed'. EH???? It's over £350 too!

So my EB says "buyer has been blocked from paying due to resolution process", PP shows a balance of over £300 and this is the only sale I had on this account this month, with the right details for buyer!

What the chuff is going on?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-15-2013

Longevity: 75%

put the £300 in your bank account and have a nice deserved weekend with the misses
good night!
Old 07-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

haha I'm tempted to go along with Steve on this one but to be honest I would leave the money in there and leave it alone for 60 days if possible, after day 60, its yours as PayPal does not process refunds past this date and would be too late.

Plus it gives the buyer/PP the time to see the error or glitch of its ways in which you can plead innocent and promptly refund the money back if such the case.

I wouldn't say anything at this point after all your a busy seller and sell lots and dont have time to see and monitor every transaction that comes though right?
Old 07-18-2013
peghmeypong

Well nothing's happened so far. I have no way of knowing if it's come from the buyer's funds or not. So weird. I'd expect them to have noticed £300+
going out of PP/bank/credit card if they wanted to cancel because they couldn't afford it!
Old 07-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Surely the payment receipt from paypal states it came from the buyer?

You better communicate with them, else you could risk a negative and your account going below standard.
Just play dumb and email the buyer saying you haven't had any messages from ebay as yet and want to know if he/she is still wanting to cancel the sale or make a payment.

Because you never know, that could have been the first cancellation request they have ever received and accepted it anyway or worse...

When a buyer accepts a cancellation request it does not mean that paypal with automatically reverse the payment if it was already made.

As you said already that paypal/ebay is so glitchy at the moment, so i myself would rather be sure, for peace of mind.
Old 07-18-2013
peghmeypong

The transaction was cancelled at the exact minute payment was made and they buyer's already left good feedback saying I'm really understanding! It's just so damn strange. Yeah, contacting the buyer is my first instinct for sure, I wondered if anyone else had seen anything like this before!
Old 07-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Well, there's been that recent quadrillionaire thanks to PayPal so anything is possible!
Old 07-18-2013
peghmeypong

Ha ha, poor guy. Silly silly PP. Good job it wasn't a stealth account.
Old 07-23-2013

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
Surely the payment receipt from paypal states it came from the buyer?

You better communicate with them, else you could risk a negative and your account going below standard.
Just play dumb and email the buyer saying you haven't had any messages from ebay as yet and want to know if he/she is still wanting to cancel the sale or make a payment.

Because you never know, that could have been the first cancellation request they have ever received and accepted it anyway or worse...

When a buyer accepts a cancellation request it does not mean that paypal with automatically reverse the payment if it was already made.

As you said already that paypal/ebay is so glitchy at the moment, so i myself would rather be sure, for peace of mind.
Paypal put 90 Trillion pounds in to someones account this week they must be
generous lately
Old 07-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by peghmeypong View Post
The transaction was cancelled at the exact minute payment was made and they buyer's already left good feedback saying I'm really understanding! It's just so damn strange. Yeah, contacting the buyer is my first instinct for sure, I wondered if anyone else had seen anything like this before!
There are weird buyers all around - this one sounds flaky but hey, a sale is a sale - just make sure your product is not deceptive