Ebay Dispute - Resolution Centre Technical Fault - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-17-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Arrow Ebay Dispute - Resolution Centre Technical Fault

Hi there,

I have an issue; I have some items that were ' Not as Item Described' disputes, they actually filed the claim I believe with paypal rather than ebay.

Immediately the moment I got the notification I refunded both of them, this is my policy every single time.

I also always request the return of the item, as a must in part of the contract of receiving the receipt.

Anyway, for whatever reason, whenever I initiate the refund directly through paypal rather than pressing the ebay button first (the ebay button makes you wait a few days until the buyer has returned the item).

It seems that ebay doesn't' recognize that I have sent the refund via paypal.

And as a result doesn't close the case; constantly showing me that I need to be the one who makes an action.

I simply can't allow these cases to esculate to the esculation centre else my account WILL be shut down.

Should I be worried that I can't respond and make an action.. or will those cases never esculate because its a glitch on the system that's made a mistake rather than myself.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You have refunded them and handled the issue - the claim should close out automatically. There are numerous glitches with UK where pp and eB seem to have a disconnect with what`s going on with the other. Can take a few days to correct.

Here`s hoping you avoid any negative feedback on the account too OP
Old 08-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

I can only recall this happening once in my experience w/ ebay/pp in the US. But from what I've read, it is more frequent on UK side. This won't count against you as there will (eventually) be a record of you refunding buyer through Paypal.

BTW, how many days have transpired between your PP refund and ebay not recognizing it?

Reason I ask...even if you choose the option to refund the buyer through the case on the Ebay side, there are no more funds to collect for that particular transaction since they were already credited via PP. Ebay may then recognize the refund via PP.

Either way, I can't see how this case would count against you. Best of luck,
Old 08-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 62%

With one of the two cases, its been up to me to respond since August 8th. So it appears to have been a long time since then with 'no action' apparently on my part.

I know that I have done all I can in terms of the refund, however... I must say that if this esculates I am sure the account with be closed for definite!

Therefore I don't really know what to do, I don't want to just sit there and wait for the worst to happen, when I could do something to prevent it now.

Chilled though* just looking for answers.
Old 08-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Put a response on the ebay case stating the buyer has already been refunded. List the unique transaction ID for the refund as well. It will cover you when ebay eventually gets round to review it.
Old 08-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurucashflow View Post

I know that I have done all I can in terms of the refund, however... I must say that if this esculates I am sure the account with be closed for definite!

Therefore I don't really know what to do, I don't want to just sit there and wait for the worst to happen, when I could do something to prevent it now.

Chilled though* just looking for answers.
Follow the advice from Ebayorbust.

This covers you as it is seen you have attended to the matter.