Removing Low DSR Ratings - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-13-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Removing Low DSR Ratings

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...-recieved.html

Had a buyer saying they didnt get the item I sent (situation above) and they left me neut feedback and low DSR ratings. Technically I could email ebay and ask them to remove the low rating as the item was lost in the post. Would this bring unwanted attention to my stealth account, or have others done this before without problems?

Im not sure if I should chance it or not but have had a few low ratings for shipping time recently so getting rid of one would help... Any thoughts or past experiences would be appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-13-2013

Longevity: 68%
Default Re: Removing Low DSR Ratings

I would probably forget about it and try to ship a bit quicker.
Old 11-14-2013

Longevity: 75%

I've done this a few times, except the item showed as "delivered", and for some reason the buyer didn't get it or it was stolen from their mailbox etc. As long as it says it in the negative/neutral feedback, and you can prove it was sent in a timely manner they will remove it. Takes about 30 minutes of phone time so I don't really hassle unless I'm on the border of top rate and regular, or regular and below standard etc....and really need that one extra boost. They were always on stealth accounts too. I'm sure if it showed progress on the tracking then disappeared you could be able to get it off too since its not your fault.
Old 11-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Unless you can provide reasonable proof to eBay that you did sent the item to the customer, they wont remove the feedback or DSR's.

eBay favour the tracking so special delivery or Recorded signed for will work as proof but the proof of posting receipt from a post office WONT cover it.

Did you send the item via tracking? If not, its not worth going down that route and just take a hit this time around.

The other thing to consider is the fact your account is stealth and you really dont want to be bringing attention to your account by human eyes? Work on diluting the low DSR and neut fb with lots of positives is a better option in my opinion.

When this happens to me to a low cost item I take the hit but I do send a kind email explaining to the customer that the item is lost and that you have to launch "an investigation" or claim with royal mail. I then tell them that as part of the investigation, they may contact them particularly if this has been a frequent issue with their address. This normally puts the willies in any scam buyer and I've had a good turnaround in how many tell me the next day my item has arrived
The Following User Says Thank You to tmastermind For This Useful Post:
ebanned (11-14-2013)