Changing bank account on a friends paypal to my own - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-23-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Changing bank account on a friends paypal to my own

I know this is not advised.

Anyway, this is my situation: I opened 5 new stealth accounts a few months ago which are working fine but my problem is that I do not have any other source of income.

My friend has "given" me his ebay account with paypal attached to his own bank account. I have been selling away and he has been withdrawing the money for me but as the account has a high selling limit I know its going to be inconvenient for him due to the amount of money going through his account and the frequency that I will need to withdraw etc.

Is it safe for me to add a new bank account to his paypal(my own) and delete the current bank account(his)?

I have already upgraded the account to a business and given it a business name and new phone number.

Any advice would be appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-24-2014

Longevity: 62%
Send a message via ICQ to nivo Send a message via Skype™ to nivo
Default Re: Changing bank account on a friends paypal to my own

Too much changing at one time is also bad. May cause a review.

If you added the bank, I would not delete the other for a while, so everything is not new..

May I ask what the problem is with the stealth accounts?
Those will be your best bet. What if your friends accounts go down the drain? Then what? Bum with friend for rest of life??

--Just make sure you work with the stealth accounts so they grow and increase limits too.
The Following User Says Thank You to nivo For This Useful Post:
mjt530 (01-24-2014)
Old 01-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt530 View Post

Anyway, this is my situation: I opened 5 new stealth accounts a few months ago which are working fine but my problem is that I do not have any other source of income.

My friend has "given" me his ebay account with paypal attached to his own bank account. I have been selling away and he has been withdrawing the money for me but as the account has a high selling limit I know its going to be inconvenient for him due to the amount of money going through his account and the frequency that I will need to withdraw etc.

Is it safe for me to add a new bank account to his paypal(my own) and delete the current bank account(his)?

I have already upgraded the account to a business and given it a business name and new phone number.

It would not cause any major issues to add your bank account but you'd be best to leave his on there as well.

Why aren't you adding the bank account to one of your stealth accounts?

Are any of your stealth paypal accounts verified?

This should really be your priority rather than putting your friends account at risk like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
mjt530 (01-24-2014)
Old 01-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Quote:

It is not advised for very good reasons and if you know this why would you contemplate doing it.

If you have a clean bank account then the logical thing to do is use it on a new p/p of your own.

Yes it will take time to build a new account but in the long run it is by far the best route to take.

Invariably using friends and family accounts always ends in disaster and you will very quickly lose the trust of your friend or family member when it all goes wrong.

Do yourself and your friend a favour by not adding your bank account to his p/p
mjt530 (01-24-2014)
Old 01-24-2014

Quote:

Dont remove his if you decide to add one, just add it and leave his there but make sure you select yours when you withdraw.

Peronally, i wouldnt use a freinds, it can cause real problems.

just learn stealth the real way, your going to have to one day.
The Following User Says Thank You to E B A Y For This Useful Post:
mjt530 (01-24-2014)
Old 01-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

While I do not like the use of friend's account and what not...the SIMPLE fact of adding your own bank account is doable (provided bank accepts stealth deposits). This is done all the time when new bank account is added to a VBA-verified PP account (example)
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
mjt530 (01-24-2014)
Old 01-24-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks everyone for your advice.

Just to clarify. I have 5 new stealth accounts, fully verified with paypal and all new bank accounts(my own). Selling to the max each month.

The only reason that I decided to use my friends account was that I needed to earn decent money straight away as ebay is my only source of income(the pressure was on with the mortgage and other bills).

I understand the possible risks with using my friends account but im a good ebay seller and the only reason I got into difficulty in the past was that I was selling a decent amount of stuff but probably too much for one person to handle on their own.

Thanks again....love the forum!
Old 01-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
While I do not like the use of friend's account and what not...the SIMPLE fact of adding your own bank account is doable (provided bank accepts stealth deposits). This is done all the time when new bank account is added to a VBA-verified PP account (example)
Of course, your info does NOT apply to UK based accounts because there are no VBAs used.

Did we not notice the flag of the OP?

Old 01-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
Of course, your info does NOT apply to UK based accounts because there are no VBAs used.

Did we not notice the flag of the OP?

Either that or there losing it, sure rsot has been here since time begun and still manages to get most things wrong, got to love a caricature
Old 02-05-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
It would not cause any major issues to add your bank account but you'd be best to leave his on there as well.

Why aren't you adding the bank account to one of your stealth accounts?

Are any of your stealth paypal accounts verified?

This should really be your priority rather than putting your friends account at risk like this.
All of my stealth accounts are verified with bank accounts attached.....going well but slow!

Anyway, I opened an Ebay shop on sunday and set about organising it.......i then added my bank account on monday......tuesday came and paypal limited!

Ebay account is fine.....for now.

They asked for: Photo I.D. proof of address, bank or cc statement, invoices for items for sale.

I uploaded I.D. utility bill and cc statement and tried to upload the invoices but got the message that there wasn't enough space remaining to upload so I must use the fax option.

Tried that today from a public fax service and it failed(in the meantime I sold some more items and the paypal balance that I cannot access is building).

So, the money from items that are sold is rising daily but I cannot withdraw it and im concerned!

Im going to try faxing again in the morning but im wondering should i get my friend to call paypal and ask whats going on?

Btw, I know this is also not advised but im struggling here!

thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 02-18-2014

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your advice.

I understand the possible risks with using my friends account but im a good ebay seller and the only reason I got into difficulty in the past was that I was selling a decent amount of stuff but probably too much for one person to handle on their own.

Thanks again....love the forum!
all that means nothing where ebay and paypal are concered.

they open and shut accounts for fun, Regardless of how good a seller you can be

you have to ask yourself what you value most, your friends or money.
Old 02-19-2014

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 69%

keep his account on there as well. make sure you add a bank that doesn't mind different name to the paypal account