UK - Ebay and Paypal Help required - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-09-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default UK - Ebay and Paypal Help required

Hi Guys,

I have read the ebay strealth guide and what a fantastic piece of information, however its has fried my brain slightly in some areas so need some simple guidence for the small areas below, i have sorted IP address, signed up to paypal & ebay with my sisters details (no way links my previous account that was suspended) but not yet added card info for ebay and paypal!!

Questions:

1. If i open a new visa debit account in my name (new account, card number etc...) can i enter this for ebay fees and to verify paypal if i use my sisters name and address which matches ebay and paypal??? will they be able to get my name and address from the card details (home address) and link / suspend??

2.Can i add an additional address in paypal for postage of anything i buy or will this again link /suspend as would be my home address from my suspended account?? (could i get away with a variation)

3.I used to use photobucket is it safe to simply sign up to a a similar free hosting site for images (of course which matching details to the new account)

All other info has sunk in just need clarification on the areas above before i procede to fully activate ebay and paypal

Thanks in advance

Leetopseller (well used to be)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-09-2008

Longevity: 91%

1) I believe that, in the UK, PP will not have access to the name on the account, only the account number and sort codes. Some privacy law, I think. You might want to consider opening a joint account under both your names as a precaution.

2) I believe you are only allowed one address in PP. I believe it has to be a real address and I don't know if a slight mis-spelling will work. Your fellow UK'ers should be able to help you out more.

3) Photobucket in no way shares information with eBay. You can use completely made up information when creating your Photobucket accounts.
Old 09-10-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

Good idea on the Joint account one as then everything would match nicly for the DD and avoid any problems!!!

Does anyone know (sent ages looking but no definate answer) if u can set up a DD on the Eutropay card??
Old 09-10-2008

Longevity: 91%

No, you cannot do direct deposit into an Entropay account.

From their FAQ section:
Quote:
Is an EntroPay Account a bank account?

No, your EntroPay Account is not a bank account. An EntroPay Account allows you to fund and create prepaid EntroPay Virtual VISA Cards only - you cannot carry out normal banking transactions such as writing cheques or setting up standing orders / direct debits etc.
Old 09-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

entropay is the VCC to create your paypal/ebay account. A Bank account is needed to accept the deposits. Why would you give paypal access to a bank account to get their fees? There are alternatives which work better.
Most banks do not have problems with names being different from paypal names. BUT there are cases being mentioned where the user has had trouble.