Word of warning - do not use friends accounts. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-07-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Word of warning - do not use friends accounts.

So i had a friend who offered me an account, it had a good limit so thought i would give it a go.

Anyway second day with the account, when i logged in, ebay asked me to verify the account with a question along the lines of 'tell us what other accounts are registered to the original registration address'

Unfortunately my friend had no idea, so we tried a bunch that he thought it might be, as in wife, ex wife, (list as long as arm) ---> none worked, then it said we could verify with phone number. Tried that, text never came through, then BAM its asking us to phone them to get back into the account.

So word of warning, dont bother. Could be the same situation if you buy accounts from people you dont know too.

Be careful out there and know what you are doing.

Cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-07-2014

Longevity: 77%
Default Re: Word of warning - do not use friends accounts.

Load of rubbish! It's probably because you don't know how to run these accounts properly. Bought a load of accounts and never with problems.

New user accounts, IPs....stealth basics need to be implemented. Changing info straight away etc is red flags.
Old 06-07-2014

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash213 View Post
So i had a friend who offered me an account, it had a good limit so thought i would give it a go.

Anyway second day with the account, when i logged in, ebay asked me to verify the account with a question along the lines of 'tell us what other accounts are registered to the original registration address'

Unfortunately my friend had no idea, so we tried a bunch that he thought it might be, as in wife, ex wife, (list as long as arm) ---> none worked, then it said we could verify with phone number. Tried that, text never came through, then BAM its asking us to phone them to get back into the account.

So word of warning, dont bother. Could be the same situation if you buy accounts from people you dont know too.

Cheers
i would create a stealth account from scratch as you don't no the history of this account and if you paid him any money lesson learnt
Old 06-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash213 View Post

Cheers
ash213 - while your contribution is noteworthy - you have enough posts on this forum and enough activity % that would indicate that you know that you should NOT be just trying stuff up....eB isnt a fool... /sigh
Old 06-07-2014
Threadstarter  

Live and Learn....

Last edited by GreenBean; 06-07-2014 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-07-2014
Threadstarter  

How would it work though, if i had some one that i wanted to go into business with and start a new company and work together, but use his old exisiting seller account that was unlimited.

would you frown upon this activity? as i have a friend who wants to go into business with me and has this accounts, but im just unsure.

Thanks
Old 06-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

We would certainly suggest alternatives.

If that existing account has changes, ebay/paypal will react.

It's not a given your responses might see the account survive.

Old 06-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
ash213 - while your contribution is noteworthy - you have enough posts on this forum and enough activity % that would indicate that you know that you should NOT be just trying stuff up....eB isnt a fool... /sigh
And yet, you tell users to experiment.

Amazing

Old 06-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
And yet, you tell users to experiment.

Amazing

Hope you are joking my experimentation is productive not just trying random things that are pointless in nature.

@ash123 if you are going into business with your friend, really should go fresh and stealth
Old 06-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%

Quote:
So word of warning, dont bother. Could be the same situation if you buy accounts from people you dont know too
Stop talking such utter rubbish.

Just because you lack the ability to take control of an ebay account that you didn't create doesn't mean that it is difficult to do.

99.9% of members here with virtually NO stealth experience are able to enjoy their purchased accounts by following just a few simple steps.
Old 06-08-2014

Longevity: 78%

An experiment is an orderly procedure carried out with the goal of verifying, refuting, or establishing the validity of a hypothesis

Test is the means by which the presence, quality, or genuineness of anything is determined; a means of trial. 2. the trial of the quality of something: to put to the test.
Old 06-08-2014
Threadstarter  

I mean, do not buy off people you do not know, or randoms online.

I fully endorse all legit sellers on this board.

I use their services and will continue in the future.

There are people floating around on gumtree and facebook selling accounts, don't go near them. I have been stung also from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Stop talking such utter rubbish.

Just because you lack the ability to take control of an ebay account that you didn't create doesn't mean that it is difficult to do.

99.9% of members here with virtually NO stealth experience are able to enjoy their purchased accounts by following just a few simple steps.