New Paypal Account - Bank Details - Real Name??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-18-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default New Paypal Account - Bank Details - Real Name???

Hi, just set up a new paypal account with new bank details and was going to use a false name and address. I'm just thinkng does my name need to match my new bank details and if I have used a false name, will the direct debit be declined by my bank. Cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

All the information that you are requesting is on this forum.
Try This link:
Search the Aspkins Forum for your answers
Old 10-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default no need to match up

you can use false details on paypal and ebay, and put real bank acc number in ppal, they cant see your name.
for credit card they will match up your postcode and possibly door number/house name, so use a virtual one that you can input ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
littlemissy (10-30-2008)
Old 10-24-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
you can use false details on paypal and ebay, and put real bank acc number in ppal, they cant see your name.
for credit card they will match up your postcode and possibly door number/house name, so use a virtual one that you can input ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address
Oompaloompa is 100% correct.

they will match your name and full address and door so you need to a virtual card.
The Following User Says Thank You to miyagi For This Useful Post:
littlemissy (10-30-2008)
Old 10-27-2008
kolomty

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
All the information that you are requesting is on this forum.
Try This link:
Search the Aspkins Forum for your answers
Dont patronise me just because im new dont think i didnt search. Now stop upping your post count with useless posts.
Old 10-27-2008
Executive [VIP]

^^^^^^^^^^^
I am so happy that you walk in here with a crappy attitude trying to tell people what to do.
No one should help a person with this kinda bad attitude.
Good luck
Old 10-27-2008
kolomty

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^
I am so happy that you walk in here with a crappy attitude trying to tell people what to do.
No one should help a person with this kinda bad attitude.
Good luck
Who has the crappy attitude? When did i tell anyone what to do? And who helped....you? i think not. If's that the best advice you got then you can keep it to yourself internet TOUGH GUY.
Old 10-27-2008
kolomty

Here we go again's last 4 out 6 posts look how much knowledge and helpful he is.
Quote:
maybe read the forum and gain a little knowledge.
Quote:
do a little research and answer you own question from the wealth of knowledge already posted in this forum.
Quote:
have you done any research on the information everywhere on this forum?
Quote:
have you done any research on the information everywhere on this forum?
Have you read anything in this forum?
wow ur so helpful have you ever thought that someone has researched the forum but cannot find the answer? No becoz your a moron.
Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 10-27-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolomty View Post
wow ur so helpful have you ever thought that someone has researched the forum but cannot find the answer? No becoz your a moron.
You have dug your own grave.
And it only took you 5 days and 6 posts. I am impressed.
Good luck in your future...
Old 10-28-2008
kolomty

Quote:
You have dug your own grave.
And it only took you 5 days and 6 posts. I am impressed.
Good luck in your future...
How have i dug my own grave? Please explain and do it by pm im having no more of these exchanges on the open forum. You say this like your god almighty INTERNET TOUGH GUY. You have little knowledge and your not worth my time.
Old 10-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
You say this like your god almighty INTERNET TOUGH GUY. You have little knowledge and your not worth my time.
The funny part is that you have NO IDEA what I know.
Or the information I have posted to this forum because you REFUSE to read any information.
You just want ALL the answers handed to you with little or no effort on your part.
So if I was you I would stop the name calling and grow up a little.
If you are going to play in a adult world you should at least learn to act like one.
Old 10-29-2008
Threadstarter  

Hi, back on again . . . Thanks to those who have given me constructive feedback, appreciated, and to the others . . . it's not that I haven't searched the forums already but none seem to answer my SPECIFIC question. It seems to be very US based (and, yes, I have looked at the UK forums . . . I believe I am posting to one now).

I almost there but the last hurdle is . . . .when registering my bank details it comes up with a direct debit form that looks like an instruction to my bank. If my bank receives this and the name and address doesn't match the bank account no. is that it, curtains? another ebay account bites the dust? Will I really be able to register with correct bank account no. and false name and address? I am doubtful that it will work.

p.s. I'm glad their share price has fallen. Ebay aint what it used to be, they think of every trick in the book to extort more money out of sellers. Even as many as we do trying to get back online. Their new feedback policy to protect buyers is a non-sense too. . . ebay made it impossible for me to claim my money back when someone sold me ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods and I ended up being£100 out of pocket. So much for their so called "buyer protection". They are all about maximising profit, well let's hope they eventually sell out!

Last edited by littlemissy; 10-29-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-29-2008
Threadstarter  

What I mean with the above message is that if my UK bank receives a direct debit instruction will they raise the alarm with ebay if the name and address doesn't match the account no? Thanks.
p.s.
I have looked through the posts but am aware that a lot of users on this site are US and I am aware that the rules are different for UK ebay.

Last edited by littlemissy; 10-29-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-29-2008
Executive [VIP]

Default no need to match

Hi

There is no need to match name and address. input same ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name address on ebay/paypal, then put in your real bank account and sort code in to paypal verification. ive done it several times no probs, honest!

But (in the UK) think ahead alittle, what happens when paypal wants you to lift limits. eg the you have received £650 mark message, and the maximum is £1300, please verify via phone. Will your phone number that you will input match up with area of false address. If it doesnt or there is some flag up, a slip will go to the address instead, so its always preferable, if possible, to have access to the address listed. Stealth Book says verify and lift limits prior to selling, you can verify with bank account straight way but it has been my experience that they will only lift limits when you reach them later on, when you reach the specified amount of money, so be prepared, if you want a longer term paypal account..
littlemissy (10-30-2008)
Old 10-29-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Just be careful WHICH bank you use. I know that some UK banks and also USA banks have not accepted the difference in names.
The information about banks and names is mentioned in the forum already.I have posted answers about this several times.

Last edited by GreenBean; 10-29-2008 at 03:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
littlemissy (10-30-2008)
Old 10-30-2008

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Dont patronise me just because im new dont think i didnt search. Now stop upping your post count with useless posts.
Posts like this really irritate me.

I was pretty irritated to see that you'd posted this in the first place, as the question seems to be asked nearly daily.

And then you have the cheek to say this?

Well if you can be arsed to do a quick search, then I'm sorry, you deserve to be patronised.
Old 10-30-2008

yes i definately agree,

it took me about 4 hours of reading various posts and threads to gather as much info as i needed and yes this question is asked literally every day on here. quite funny!!
Old 10-30-2008
kolomty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisinc View Post
Posts like this really irritate me.

I was pretty irritated to see that you'd posted this in the first place, as the question seems to be asked nearly daily.

And then you have the cheek to say this?

Well if you can be arsed to do a quick search, then I'm sorry, you deserve to be patronised.
Maybe in the usa/international section but not that much in the uk section considering the uk section hasnt been here that long. So maybe they ask all the time their thats why you and everyone seems to get so irritated at this/these questions.
Old 10-30-2008
kolomty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler View Post
yes i definately agree,

it took me about 4 hours of reading various posts and threads to gather as much info as i needed and yes this question is asked literally every day on here. quite funny!!
Quite funny you say??????? Go look through your posts youve asked just as mundane easily searchable questions such as here

post no.33 http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...html#post57535

Post no.4 http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...html#post57526

post no.1 http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...html#post57393

I could add quite a few more. So dont give me this BS about how funny this is and how much youve read . If your going to make fun and lie at least make sure you cannot be find out. BS'ER.
Old 10-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

boys boys put your handbags down, some people ask questions that you think are obvious, big deal, i dont mind answering if I know the answer, people have been kind enough to answer mine, although i routinely get zero replies, so my questions must be really inane.
Re greenbeans addition for littlemissy, yep, ING is no good as wont allow dd for paypal, ive looked through uk forums and cant find others to avoid, could anyone elaborate, for our future reference. Also any ones that allow you to create another account within an account online would be helpful too.
PS if you think this is an obvious question, use your indoor ballet lesson voice please, when replying.
Hottest_eBay_Goddess (11-05-2008)
Old 11-05-2008

Longevity: 89%

First off, answer to OP's question. Your bank acct info can be different to your payapl. Most banks will work but their are a few that doesn't, but very rarely.

Now, I know that it's very frustrating for those that's been on the forum for a long time and seeing that questions repeat themselves over and over again. Maybe after telling them to use the search feature we can give the new guys a little info. This forum is to for people whose on the same boat as everyone else to help each other out. And as "kolomty" mentioned earlier, we all start somewhere.