Can i add 2nd bank account with diff name? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-06-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Can i add 2nd bank account with diff name?

A friend allowed me to use an Ebay and Paypal account at his address - but it was set up with his wife's details as he didn't have a bank account or card suitable.

Today, they have decided to split and she said not to send any more cash to her account as she wont respond. There is £400 in there.

I tried sending to another paypal address - but it says cannot send money at this time - try later.

So, can i add my online saver and just send money to that, or will that trigger security alerts that needs action by my friends wife? The names and addresses wont match.

Was just getting sorted after losing Ebay - and now its at risk.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Can i add 2nd bank account with diff name?

This is all a bit of a mess.
While £400 may seem like a lot of money, burning a bank account for it is not worth it IMO.
This is one of the reasons that we recommend that you never get family and friends involved. It all becomes a mess.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
STRIKER (11-06-2014)
Old 11-06-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
This is all a bit of a mess.
While £400 may seem like a lot of money, burning a bank account for it is not worth it IMO.
This is one of the reasons that we recommend that you never get family and friends involved. It all becomes a mess.
It an online saver which i was saving for my own stealth when i moved home. I can open several more apparantely (Its Halifax bank)

But will it add? Seems adding another bank to get money out is what an hacker would do.

I could spend the money and get it out that way - as anything i order will still go to my mates address. But times limited - as she wants him out.

But i did need the account if it can be saved. She has no access to the account.

Not sure why i cant transfer money either. I can buy goods on ebay - but cant send as a gift or for goods on paypal.

Last edited by STRIKER; 11-06-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRIKER View Post
But will it add? Seems adding another bank to get money out is what an hacker would do.
Not sure what movies your watching but adding a 2nd bank account isn't taboo or . If it's worth burning a bank account to get your cash out then proceed.

In the end it's really up to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
STRIKER (11-06-2014)
Old 11-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

If you do choose to add the second bank account and then try to withdraw from the PP it may ask for security details. Chances are that the withdrawal will be pending for 72 hours as well
STRIKER (11-06-2014)
Old 11-06-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Not sure what movies your watching but adding a 2nd bank account isn't taboo or . If it's worth burning a bank account to get your cash out then proceed.

In the end it's really up to you.
As i say just seems like something an hacker / scammer would do - get into an account and then divert funds to another bank account.

Was pretty certain Paypal would have an intervention for that.

Nearly added it yesterday - but decided to get a few ideas from people with more experience on here first.

More bothered about losing a perfectly good paypal and ebay account before i've set something else up TBH.
Old 11-06-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If you do choose to add the second bank account and then try to withdraw from the PP it may ask for security details. Chances are that the withdrawal will be pending for 72 hours as well
Will that be via online questions? Or will they try ringing - in which case they will get me - and im the wrong sex.

I know all the details, as i set it up.

Maybe add it then leave it a while?

What about a virtual account in her name and address - with a card for withdrawls? I should have done that in the first place - then could have just continued.

Last edited by STRIKER; 11-06-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
What about a virtual account in her name and address - with a card for withdrawls? I should have done that in the first place
If you mean a bank account in her name with a card to withdraw, then you would have needed her to do this for you. Opening an bank account in another persons name without their permission is illegal

Next time just make sure you do not involve friends and family. No need to really
STRIKER (11-07-2014)
Old 11-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
As i say just seems like something an hacker / scammer would do - get into an account and then divert funds to another bank account.
Not sure if that's a UK thing but I've added 2 different bank accounts to 1 PayPal and never had an issue....Obviously anything you do on PayPal can be risky, the problem with your account is that you used someone else's info to open the account....thus making it difficult to do anything.

Sadly our Crystal Ball that can predict the future is broken, so your going to have to make a decision whether you add the 2nd bank account.

From now on you shouldn't include anyone in your plans for Ebay/Paypal.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
STRIKER (11-07-2014)
Old 11-06-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

PayPal can't see any name or address on the bank account you are adding, you are able to add multiple bank accounts, I have added 3 bank accounts to one paypal before

So if your asking if your able to add another bank account the answer is yes, what paypal does to verify the account is deposits two small deposits and than you need to enter the small deposits that paypal deposited in your bank into paypal

However and it's not recommended you are able to add a bank account and withdrawal funds without verifying the account

Now when adding another account it could go smoothly or if the account is new and you haven't been using it on the same computer same IP for a while than you can be asked to verify your account through the phone number that u added in the account and this is where things get tricky and may not go your way

The easiest option is to just buy something on eBay , if you wanted to purchase something anyway and have access to the address just buy something and that's that
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
STRIKER (11-07-2014)
Old 11-07-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the responses.

Can i just say this account was a temp measure. Paypal froze my account with £900 in and i couldn't pay my bills. I bought the stealth guide and was going that route when my friend offered. The account was set up and had all the limits removed within a week. It saved me from defaulting my perfect credit rating.

I knew it would be safer and quicker - as the details were all real, and if i made an error there was nothing to lose. When i use a stealth account - i want to get it right and not make mistakes.

My friend as explained to his wife that listings are still live - so she has agreed to let me empty the account when they end next week. So all is well hopefully. I might just try adding my account then - confirming it - and then leaving it a while. Darn't do it while it has funds trapped in it.

But looking forward to my own account - once i've sussed it all out. Its true it gets messy with others. But this did save the day.

Still not sure why paypal won't allow the account to transfer money to other accounts though.

Last edited by STRIKER; 11-07-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

paypal dont do sob stories.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
STRIKER (11-08-2014)
Old 11-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

BTW, stop fiddling with transfers to other paypals and adding savers.

You are flagging your account big time.

Consider speaking to the wife and working out some deal.

Please, please, avoid doing anything more to risk your account.

Good Luck

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
STRIKER (11-08-2014)
Old 11-08-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
BTW, stop fiddling with transfers to other paypals and adding savers.

You are flagging your account big time.

Consider speaking to the wife and working out some deal.

Please, please, avoid doing anything more to risk your account.

Good Luck

Yeah i wont risk it now until i can set my own up. Nearly on top now.

But isn't paypal supposed to be an easy way to send money anywhere to friends and family?
Old 11-08-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
paypal dont do sob stories.

The story was for you not paypal. I wouldn't give them the time of day. Not a sob story either - just explaining why i involved friends. Time was a factor - needed an account quick - using genuine details to avoid a quickly frozen account.

They tried to screw me - i screwed them. My balance was £900 when frozen - but i let it become -£1500 to see how they liked it. 15 years as a customer and my accounts frozen because i took up an Ebay promotion to increase sales. Its nuts.

Yet scammers seem to be allowed to roam free. Go figure.

Last edited by STRIKER; 11-08-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

You need to work out how to prevent getting scammed in the future in that case.

£1500 is no small sum of money
Old 11-08-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You need to work out how to prevent getting scammed in the future in that case.

£1500 is no small sum of money
I didnt get scammed - i just refused to post any items when paypal stole my money.

Paypal owed me £900 and expected me to wait 180 days.

Three months on i owe them £1500. I prefer it that way. I will pay when given no other choice.
Old 11-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thats really not a good way to go about things....

They will come after you for the £1500.

You agreed to their terms when openign a PayPal account. Part of those terms say that they can hold your money for upto 180 days if they want to.
STRIKER (11-08-2014)
Old 11-08-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Thats really not a good way to go about things....

They will come after you for the £1500.

You agreed to their terms when openign a PayPal account. Part of those terms say that they can hold your money for upto 180 days if they want to.
They agreed to mine too.

Ive never failed to pay a bill in my life - and will pay paypal - when i have to.

I was unable to pay a BNPL thanks to them and got stung with deferred interest.

Paypal know freezing accounts is wrong and have promised to end it. Just my luck i was one of the last ones.

What have they achieved? I lost my account - they & Ebay lost income from me - and a hundred Ebayers never got their items.

15 years, no negs, no low DSR's but because i was doing well i'm a risk. Paypal are bonkers.

Out of curiosity - when do paypal start action. Been 3 months now and phone calls have just started. Not answered - but got their number of 'whos calling me'.
Old 11-08-2014

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
A friend allowed me to use an Ebay and Paypal account at his address - but it was set up with his wife's details as he didn't have a bank account or card suitable.

Today, they have decided to split and she said not to send any more cash to her account as she wont respond. There is £400 in there.

I tried sending to another paypal address - but it says cannot send money at this time - try later.

So, can i add my online saver and just send money to that, or will that trigger security alerts that needs action by my friends wife? The names and addresses wont match.

Was just getting sorted after losing Ebay - and now its at risk.
I would have to agree with the other members, burning a bank account for that much is not worth it. I would recommend buying something and using the money. DO NOT try to buy something from another account you control, for it is possible it will get pulled also. It seems there is something already going on because I have never had PAYPAL ask me to try sending my money later. I would never recommend using a friends information when reopening. Good luck with this.