eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Account created, what next? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/82300-account-created-what-next.html)

rsot 01-31-2015 10:02 AM

Re: Account created, what next?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gibbo (Post 637229)
I've been selling Set-top boxes (as they used to be called before the TV Makers removed the tops) for many years until ebay limited me.

If I start selling these with my stealth accounts, will they attract unwanted attention from Paypal or ebay?

Depends on the brand and the popularity - forum is meant for stealth setup....how you operate is your business and takes savvy on your part. Is your product considered risky?

gibbo 02-01-2015 06:51 AM

I don't know what is considered risky. I guess you only find out the hard way..

As I can only list 10 items month, there's no point is selling stuff for a few pennies... I need to sell something with a bit of value.

realdeals 02-01-2015 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gibbo (Post 637229)
I've been selling Set-top boxes (as they used to be called before the TV Makers removed the tops) for many years until ebay limited me.

If I start selling these with my stealth accounts, will they attract unwanted attention from Paypal or ebay?

are your stealth accounts personal accounts?

realdeals 02-01-2015 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gibbo (Post 637459)
As I can only list 10 items month, there's no point is selling stuff for a few pennies... I need to sell something with a bit of value.

This attitude will only lead to tears in the long term.........stealth is a marathon not a sprint. ;)

gibbo 02-01-2015 07:20 AM

Realdeals, OK, I get your point.

And yes, it's a personal account. Does that make any difference?

realdeals 02-01-2015 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gibbo (Post 637469)
Realdeals, OK, I get your point.

And yes, it's a personal account. Does that make any difference?

Are the boxes new or used?

Running a personal account so blatantly as a business from day 1 will get you flagged, no doubt.

ooooo.halo 02-01-2015 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gibbo (Post 637459)
I don't know what is considered risky. I guess you only find out the hard way..

Theres every point in my opinion. This is how stealth works. You cannot rush in.with high value goods. Stealth is a slow process. Cheap and cheerful in the beginnibg is absolutely necessary. You need to gain ebays trust.
Yes its frustrating which is why if possible its advised to make a few accounts to.spread the sales.
Do it the proper way and youll be able to increase your sales in terms of better stuff to list, plus get some limit increases

gibbo 02-01-2015 07:51 AM

Thanks for the advice. I'll think about keeping the value of the items down..

That being said, I am Selling Humax or BT Freeview Recording boxes, (used not new) and I would need to sell at least 10 a month to exceed the £650 limit.

As I will nearly always be within the £650 limit, does that mean I am still being stealthy?

ooooo.halo 02-01-2015 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gibbo (Post 637473)
Thanks for the advice. I'll think about keeping the value of the items down..

That being said, I am Selling Humax or BT Freeview Recording boxes, (used not new) and I would need to sell at least 10 a month to exceed the £650 limit.

As I will nearly always be within the £650 limit, does that mean I am still being stealthy?

This is why i agree with real deals....selling those ONLY on a.single 10 item limit account, is asking for trouble. Your screaming out ""Business ""doing this.

Its ultimately your decision but low value used with variety is best.
I sell used clothing on new accounts. Yes, all in clothing category but they are not all identical dresses for example. Hope you understand what im trying to say :lol:

gibbo 02-01-2015 08:42 AM

I got it, thanks...I'll leave the Set Top Boxes for a few months..

realdeals 02-01-2015 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gibbo (Post 637481)

No need, just spread one each accross multiple stealths and just list fillers to max out your 10 limit.

ooooo.halo 02-01-2015 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gibbo (Post 637481)

Its the issue of selling 10 on a 10 limit account that poses the risk.Mix them in.with other stuff so it doesnt look like youre just selling set top boxes.

I really dont know if set top boxes are even.good on a new account. i always thought electrics was a bad move but perhaps not.. i.really havent.got a.clue to.be honest :lol:

Good.luck and go super slow to begin with:-)

gibbo 02-01-2015 12:18 PM

Thanks, I'll be sure to let everyone know what happens, and even help if I can...