Am I on the right path? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-01-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Am I on the right path?

Bought/read the guide, browsed around the forum and I think I know what to do. Just need someone to confirm.

Opened up about 3 new current accounts + 2 savers each. (Verifying paypal)
Created VCCs on Entropay (Confirming paypal)
Bought a new preloaded unlocked dongle which should hopefully arrive on Tuesday (IP issue)
Created a windows account for each of the accounts that I'm hoping to use (Flash cookies issue)

Just need to create ebay accounts + matching paypals when the dongle comes. From reading the forum, I understand it's best to build a browsing/buying history and let the cookies build up for at least 2 weeks if not a month and when I do sell, to start slowly and not listing too many at once. I don't sell high value items, maximum worth of mine is £20 each so I wanted to know how much is too much if it's a £20 item only? Just wondering if maxing out on the 10/monthly limits selling those only would actually raise a flag since it's not vero/risky or high-value. I'm planning on dividing the sales between all the accounts and changing all details/titles/pictures, just don't know whether I should aim to hit the limits or not. Would appreciate advice as it would mean I'd change the way I offer the goods if I shouldn't max out e.g. selling in twos/threes etc.

In any case I'll be spending February building history on all the accounts so still a while yet before I actually start selling.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-01-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Am I on the right path?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katty View Post
Bought/read the guide, browsed around the forum and I think I know what to do. Just need someone to confirm.

Bought a new preloaded unlocked dongle which should hopefully arrive on Tuesday (IP issue)
Created a windows account for each of the accounts that I'm hoping to use (Flash cookies issue)

Just need to create ebay accounts + matching paypals when the dongle comes. From reading the forum, I understand it's best to build a browsing/buying history and let the cookies build up for at least 2 weeks if not a month and when I do sell, to start slowly and not listing too many at once. I don't sell high value items, maximum worth of mine is £20 each so I wanted to know how much is too much if it's a £20 item only? Just wondering if maxing out on the 10/monthly limits selling those only would actually raise a flag since it's not vero/risky or high-value. I'm planning on dividing the sales between all the accounts and changing all details/titles/pictures, just don't know whether I should aim to hit the limits or not. Would appreciate advice as it would mean I'd change the way I offer the goods if I shouldn't max out e.g. selling in twos/threes etc.

In any case I'll be spending February building history on all the accounts so still a while yet before I actually start selling.
Sounds to me like you have everything under control.

Everybody operates differently which you will.see on the forum.

Personally, this is my approach but as said others do thibgs.differently.

I spend.the.first 3-4 weeks giving.browsing and bidding history.
Then list a couple of items. Wait till they end and list about 5, then when they end, i max out the limit.....that being if the limit is 10 items.

As you know, slow, low risk is the best way in the beginning. Earn yourself some selling feedback.
Do this on all accounts to.keep a.regular flow of sales on the go.

Yes to changing photos, title listings etc...

Good luck :-)
Iron_chin (02-01-2015), katty (02-01-2015)
Old 02-01-2015

Hi oooo. Abit off topic, but would it be risky selling high value items eg electronics/mobiles during this "settling in period" ? Does it make a difference if I list as a bin or auction? Cheers.
Old 02-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_chin View Post
Hi oooo. Abit off topic, but would it be risky selling high value items eg electronics/mobiles during this "settling in period" ? Does it make a difference if I list as a bin or auction? Cheers.
NO NO NO....im afraid.
Very bad idea to.sell those types of products on a.new.account. You.would likely be limited within half hour of listing.
Its important to start off low value and used to begin with. You need.to.gain ebays trust. You need to get some selling.feedback under your belt.
In time, you can introduce your own line of products.
Electronics/ mobiles are.one of the worst to sell on a.new.account.

Stealth is frustrating in the.beginning due to having to go slow and not really making much money...but thats a small price to pay to be back sellibg again.
It wont be like that forever...just in the.beginning :-).
Iron_chin (02-01-2015), katty (02-01-2015), RosieTosie (02-01-2015)
Old 02-01-2015

Quote:
I started off as auction only in the.beginning but im sure that a mix of both would be fine after the first month.
Everybody operates differently as you will see on the forum.
Iron_chin (02-01-2015), RosieTosie (02-01-2015)
Old 02-01-2015

Thank you. Yes it can be frustrating at the start it all seems like work and no reward. But it's an investment in the long run. Cheers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iron_chin For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (02-01-2015)
Old 02-01-2015

Quote:
Thank you. Yes it can be frustrating at the start it all seems like work and no reward. But it's an investment in the long run. Cheers.
It is an investment.
Play the game correctly and you can reap the rewards. Earn your feedback, get some limit increases and then pick up speed.
Thats why we advise to open more accounts if you can. It eases the frustration somewhat
Old 02-01-2015

Quote:

Hi Katty, from reading your opening comment about your listing plans for your accounts, the only thing I would say is it's probably not wise to list ths SAME items across your accounts, even if you do plan to change all the details/titles/pictures between those accounts. There could be a link if the items are exactly the same, in your comment you said you planned on dividing your items between your accounts.

It is wiser to sell DIFFERENT things certainly at this initial account building stage when you will primarily looking to build feedback, and not looking for much in the line of profit. You clearly have in mind what you want to list in the beginning, well over your accounts try to find different things for each account, just to be on the safe side and to make it look like different people own and are operating these accounts. That, after all, is the impression you want to give, that it is not yourself who controls all your accounts!
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
katty (02-01-2015)
Old 02-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Hi Katty, from reading your opening comment about your listing plans for your accounts, the only thing I would say is it's probably not wise to list ths SAME items across your accounts, even if you do plan to change all the details/titles/pictures between those accounts. There could be a link if the items are exactly the same, in your comment you said you planned on dividing your items between your accounts.

It is wiser to sell DIFFERENT things certainly at this initial account building stage when you will primarily looking to build feedback, and not looking for much in the line of profit. You clearly have in mind what you want to list in the beginning, well over your accounts try to find different things for each account, just to be on the safe side and to make it look like different people own and are operating these accounts. That, after all, is the impression you want to give, that it is not yourself who controls all your accounts!
Thanks to both you and ooooo.halo.

It's good you mentioned that as it makes perfect sense. I actually have a bunch of household stuff I need to list anyway so definitely will sell different items and maybe limit the main one to 2 accounts.

How long should the account building stage take? I'm assuming around a month or 2?
Old 02-01-2015

Quote:

It's good you mentioned that as it makes perfect sense. I actually have a bunch of household stuff I need to list anyway so definitely will sell different items and maybe limit the main one to 2 accounts.

How long should the account building stage take? I'm assuming around a month or 2?
Yes that timeframe sounds about right Katty, and we are always here in this forum to help with any other questions you may have regarding building your accounts and moving forward with them.
Old 02-02-2015

Quote:

Household stuff is a great start when.embarking on stealth.
I would say month two would be fine to introduce your own stuff....but very very slowly.
The last thibg you want is to go all in.with the same product. Kind of making yourself look like a business.
If you for example start off with clothes but really want to sell xbox games, then on.a 10 limit account, i would sell 10 clothing items. Wait a month and do 9 clothes and 1 game, then maybe a couple of weeks later, 7 clothes and 3 games.
Introduction.needs to be slow.
If im honest, i waited till month 2 bwfore slowly introducing my own line of selling.product :-)
katty (02-02-2015)
Old 02-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@katty, what are you using for phone numbers on the accounts?
Old 02-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@katty, what are you using for phone numbers on the accounts?
I ordered a couple of free sims that I'm putting aside/labelling after they're initially used in case verification is needed again in the future.
Old 02-02-2015

Quote:
I ordered a couple of free sims that I'm putting aside/labelling after they're initially used in case verification is needed again in the future.
Sims are fine. Will they be available at all times?? You may get a surprise call.
Phone forwarding is a popular option enabling you to accept calls anytime they come :-)
katty (02-02-2015)
Old 02-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
Sims are fine. Will they be available at all times?? You may get a surprise call.
Phone forwarding is a popular option enabling you to accept calls anytime they come :-)
Yeh I initially had phone forwarding for one account that I ended up failing in trying to make stealth but because it was just phone forwarding, I couldn't verify the paypal as they texted me instead so wasted that account.
Old 02-02-2015

Quote:
Yeh I initially had phone forwarding for one account that I ended up failing in trying to make stealth but because it was just phone forwarding, I couldn't verify the paypal as they texted me instead so wasted that account.
Plenty that offer phone.forwarding and texts :-)
katty (02-02-2015)
Old 02-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Good stuff - keep the numbers active
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
katty (02-02-2015)
Old 02-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Good stuff - keep the numbers active
And available at all times. You never know :-)
katty (02-02-2015)
Old 02-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
And available at all times. You never know :-)
One final question. In terms of entropay, I'm pretty sure I read a post that it's only the additional VCCs you use to verify and not the main VCC. Is that correct?
Old 02-02-2015

Quote:
One final question. In terms of entropay, I'm pretty sure I read a post that it's only the additional VCCs you use to verify and not the main VCC. Is that correct?
That is correct. Use the sub cards :-)
Old 02-02-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Just keep up a cycle of creating new stealth accounts if you aren't going to change or correct your methods.
Old 02-03-2015

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Can I ask the experienced folk for more info on this?

I have created my first main VCC with no problems, it is ready to go. I did not need to do any security deposit checks. However after reading this statement I am wondering if I should hold back and create a sub VCC under my main VCC and use the sub VCC?

Why do we do this?

My first main VCC was created a few days ago. How long should you wait before creating a sub VCC?