Cookies, Browsing history, PC users n all dat - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Cookies, Browsing history, PC users n all dat

Right, bear with me here:

I have 15 different PC account, 13 of them are for stealths and 2 of them are "personal" users for myself and my other half.

I log into different PC users and do the whole stealth thing(Different IP, MAC, Name and eBay users) to build some history, maybe bid on some items. The usual.
If I then need to check my email, do I need to log out from the stealth account and log into my personal PC user to do so, or am I safe to do "other things" under that stealth PC user? For example, can I log into gmail that belongs to my suspended old eBay account, can I log into Anyvan website that uses the same email, can I log into this forum?

I was just wondering basically if eBay is concerned only about it's own cookies or will it look into my other cookies as well like 4tube, forums, bbc news and other stuff and if so, can they see what emails did I use to log into those sites etc?

Does it make sense? I feel that it does, but you tell me...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Cookies, Browsing history, PC users n all dat

No need to worry about MAC really unless its how you get a new IP address. eBay does not track the MAC address.

Yes, eBay only sees cookies from eBay and other companies in the same group (gumtree, PayPal ect) for the most part. You need to make sure you disable images in eBay & co emails though if your using the same IP to check emails for other stealths.
Old 02-24-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
No need to worry about MAC really unless its how you get a new IP address. eBay does not track the MAC address.

Yes, eBay only sees cookies from eBay and other companies in the same group (gumtree, PayPal ect) for the most part. You need to make sure you disable images in eBay & co emails though if your using the same IP to check emails for other stealths.
The MAC thing is a MUST in my household because of Virgin being my provider(such good quality of internet but such a pain with the Static IP). Luckily I've mastered the whole router switching and currently I'm doing it with one router, but I mighti invest into 10-20 routers and just swap them over, saves me a bit of time!

Thanks for the Paypal and Gumtree stuff, I never really look into their emails anyway or visit the site from another stealth. I find it easier to process 1 stealth at a time:
Browse around a bit.
Log out.
???
Rinse and repeat on another account.

So I should be safe I think. When it comes to safety and "keeping things clear" I'm super paranoid about it and in a way it works out well for me because I'm OCD when it comes to my "10 item stealth checklist" and if I don't tick all the boxes I won't even go to eBay website.
Old 02-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-addr...per-hub-3.html - Using that you can just use one router and then retain IP addresses as and when you want so long as the IP lease has not expired. You would only need to track the MAC for your own records though, eBay and PP will not see it.

Check-lists are the best way to do things IMO. Saves making simply mistakes by mistake. Looks like your pretty on top of it.
Old 02-24-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-addr...per-hub-3.html - Using that you can just use one router and then retain IP addresses as and when you want so long as the IP lease has not expired. You would only need to track the MAC for your own records though, eBay and PP will not see it.

Check-lists are the best way to do things IMO. Saves making simply mistakes by mistake. Looks like your pretty on top of it.
That's exactly how I change the IP and list every single MAC I've used and every single IP that I've used under the accounts that I have used it with. Some accounts have had only one IP and some have had 2 or 3 different IP addresses due to the lease being expired etc.
I just think that physically having few different routers almost guarantees that I can't make a simple numbers mistake when I'm tired or when I just have checked like 7 accounts and I'm on my 8th, I just get so comfy that I make a silly mistake and link something.

I agree with you, checklist is the only way I can do it, safely at least. It's just super practical and fool proof.famous last words?