Automation Rules not working - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-02-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Automation Rules not working

Hi I have always assigned my listings to Relist continuously until an item sells.
Items have always immediately relisted and kept their Best Match rank.

This time, however, they have not relisted.

Chat support tells me that because the system detected at least 1 sale then it will not relist, as 1 of my 100 quantity has sold, so therefore it is not an unsold item (even though it still appears in my list of unsold items with the rule written beneath it). They just keep trying to push me into getting a shop so I can have Good 'Till Cancelled.

!eBay Link!
Best Match - FAQs do I use SMP automation rules while ensuring that I retain my popularity/recent sales score?

Says-
Quote:
How do I use SMP automation rules while ensuring that I retain my popularity/recent sales score?

The optimal way to use SMP automation rules is to mirror the functionality of a multi-quantity Good 'Til Cancelled (GTC) listing as follows:

Create a product with the right quantity available to sell

Create a template with any quantity and duration except GTC.

Assign automation rule - 'Relist continuously whether it sells or doesn't sell'

As stock arrives or gets depleted (outside of eBay sales), modify the quantity available in the inventory product. eBay sales will update the quantity automatically.

This will retain your recent sales score and keep the listing alive until the quantity is sold out.
The only difference is that that page calls the rule 'Relist continuously whether it sells or doesn't sell' instead of 'Relist continuously until an item sells'.

IIRC I have always selected 'Relist continuously until an item sells' before, as along with 'Relist once if an item does not sell' are the only ones available. I have had items going for over a year with this automation assigned and staying at the top of page 1.

Chat says that I need selling manager pro for 'Relist continuously until an item sells' but I have never had this. Chat also says there have been no recent changes. Whats going on?

Update-
Chat tells me that this option used to be available in Selling Manger, but now it is only available in Selling Manager Pro. So in other words if I want my items to maintain Best Match, we now have to pay for a shop and select GTC or pay for selling manager Pro and assign 'Relist continuously whether it sells or doesn't sell'.

Alternatively, should I just get a shop? What's the difference?

Many thanks

Last edited by aniseed; 04-02-2015 at 11:01 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-03-2015

Longevity: 93%
Default Re: Automation Rules not working

I have noticed the same this morning, mine have not re-listed as per.
Old 09-03-2015

Longevity: 64%
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven

For a few months, ebay email says item will be relisted but it does not.

Really annoying and bad for business - I have to manually check everything as I dont rely on their emails that say my item will be relisted.

Lame system they got, dont even work! - whoever codes their site need to get a different job
Old 09-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I somehow doubt that it is ONE PERSON writing code for eBay's systems. More like a department full of coders. eBay has a legitimate problem there - they start writing program after program and testing them, but you can never be 100% sure how one program may affect others that are running. This always happens in the corporate world.