Contact From eBay // Account Limited + Request for Invoices/Identity - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-05-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Contact From eBay // Account Limited + Request for Invoices/Identity

My account is 1 year old now and been always 2.3% defect, less than 2 cases ruled against me.

My feedback is 800+ with 6 negatives and 6 neutrals (but most of these are being removed this week and next)

This is what i got last friday

Quote:
Hello *************,

This is a follow up email in regards to the concern in your account. I'd like to inform you that, in order to provide buyers with a pleasant and safe environment, the Safety Regulation Team at eBay conducts certain routine checks to confirm the information provided by the seller(s) or /and buyer(s). You are kindly requested to send the following documents within the next 72 hours:

- Front and back copy of your ID or passport.
- Copy of a document showing your address (if different from what is displayed on your identity document)

In addition, we ask you to provide a proof of ownership of the items you have posted on eBay. These may consist of:

- Receipts
- Copies of invoices or proof of delivery (pro-forma invoices are not counted as evidence of ownership)
- Customs documents, if you have purchased your goods abroad
- Availability of supplier confirmations

Once we have received and verified the required documents, you will be able to start selling your items and bid on eBay. If we do not receive the required documentation within the deadline, your account will be suspended.
I sent in all docments requested on friday night, i was told the business vetting team wasn't in on monday due to bank holiday so they havent seen it yet

I phoned today (tuesday) and the rep was in chat with the business vetting team and they said maximum time is 72 hours to process the documents etc from now, so absolute latest is friday..

what are my chances? what are they doing with the documents?

Last edited by PortiaDeRossi; 05-05-2015 at 11:32 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-05-2015

Longevity: 76%
Default Re: Contact From eBay // Account Limited + Request for Invoices/Identity

They look at them and decide if they like them. They also look more at your account and see whether they like you as a seller.
Old 05-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Contact From eBay // Account Limited + Request for Invoices/Identity

Will they like me?

Current defect rate: 2.2%
Cases closed without seller resolution: 2

Negative: 7 (will be removed soon)
Neutral: 6

Positive: 900

= 99.4%

I sent front, back passport copy, 4 invoices, proof of address and supplier contact information
Old 05-05-2015

Longevity: 56%

Dosent just depend on your sales and defect, but also what you have been selling, length of time you have been active, message response rate..lots of things really. They can also look further and check the suppliers you provided invoices from actually sell the products you are selling...

Just sit tight, and all will prevail. Come back and tell us.
Old 05-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
but also what you have been selling,
Perfumes, 80% of stock are lower range with a few designers.

Quote:
length of time you have been active,
1 Year, active selling every day

Quote:
message response rate..
1 hour to 2 days

Quote:
. They can also look further and check the suppliers you provided invoices from actually sell the products you are selling...
I provided supplier website, number and address
Old 05-07-2015

Longevity: 88%

They state this is a follow up email.
Did you receive an email earlier and what did it say?
Old 05-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Dear Paul,
As part of keeping eBay a safe and enjoyable place to buy and sell, we may sometimes ask members to verify the details they've registered with us, or for more information regarding the items they're selling.

If you wish to list items we'd like to ask you to provide a proof of delivery for the following items:

To submit these documents please use the upload link:

https://ocs.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....ame=UKMerchApp

Please make sure you include your username into the email to help us match the documents with your account.
If you have any questions about this verification process please reply to this email or click 'Contact Us' on any eBay Help page.
I hope I've explained things clearly. Thank you in advance for your cooperation; we look forward to receiving your documents and resolving this matter as soon as possible so you can list your items on our site.
Many thanks,

eBay Trust & Safety
it was for 6 items that i provided proof of postage for and that showed as delivered
Old 05-08-2015
Threadstarter  

no email just like last time but i can now list items again xD yayyyyy! (yesterydai was getting the dreaded "there is a restriction placed on your account"

but when i try to click request higher selling allowances, it says there is a restriction on your account, yet everything (from listing items to going to Help and not seeing "My account was suspended" at the top for the first time

Last edited by PortiaDeRossi; 05-08-2015 at 08:12 AM.