PayPal limited eBay account active - what to do - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-06-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default PayPal limited eBay account active - what to do

Hi!

I opened a stealth eBay account 2 months ago along with a stealth PayPal account.

I've traded without any problems until I got close to the PayPal limit (approx £1900 or 2500 euros)

I got some documents for PayPal and sent them in but whilst they were assessing the documents the PayPal went over the £1900 limit and is went limited - I couldn't pull any of the funds out.

A day later, PayPal emailed to say that the account was now permanently limited and its 180 days before release of funds!

Aargh! Bad planning on my part I guess but I still have an active stealth eBay account with some items for sale on it ?! What should I do? I have 2 other genuine PayPal accounts running - should I change the PayPal address on the eBay Stealth account to one of these or should I just close them down and start again with new eBay Stealth and new PayPal stealth??

What do you guys think?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: PayPal limited eBay account active - what to do

you need a new ebay and paypal pairing....

adding the other paypals to this ebay could mess them up too....

if you mean close down the other paypals, no do not, they are handy for off ebay business anyway.....in any case they are vunerable now if they have any linkages to the limited one...........

Last edited by oompaloompa; 06-06-2015 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-06-2015
Threadstarter  

So - Should I close the items I have listed on the stealth ebay account down .... as buyers arnt able to pay me on the stealth paypal account?? Or is there any other way without peeing the buyer off? (apart from cheques / PO's etc ..... which if I was buying - I wouldn't be happy with?
Old 06-06-2015

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allygee928 View Post
So - Should I close the items I have listed on the stealth ebay account down .... as buyers arnt able to pay me on the stealth paypal account?? Or is there any other way without peeing the buyer off? (apart from cheques / PO's etc ..... which if I was buying - I wouldn't be happy with?
You're answering your own question here.

Take it from someone whos tried (thinking they are being smart) opening a new paypal and linking it to the account that had got the PP closed, lasted a few hours and the ebay ended up being closed as well so what i am trying to say is move on from that account, its dead.
Old 06-06-2015

Longevity: 56%

I managed three months with a new PayPal on an ebay account that had a previously had a limited paypal attached.

I did it for an experiment, and to unload some stock before christmas as of the november cull. It worked fine, and I shut down all listings just before the EU limit, withdrew it all, then fired one or two listings up to go over the EU, only they was it permanently limited.

So, its not advised, but you can try your luck if you want to. Those ebay accounts are still active six months down the line as well
Old 06-07-2015

I opened a new paypal account in January because I forgot the details for the previous one.
But I linked the new paypal account to the established ebay account and it's still going strong.

In the interim I used a friends established paypal account so that I could continue to sell on the ebay account.
In fact I've done that with his paypal account several times over the last 9 years.

If your ebay account has a feedback score high enough to be worth keeping I would chance it with one of the other paypal accounts as long as you don't mind possibly losing that paypal account too.

This site has shown that following the rules doesn't always guarantee success or that not following the rules guarantees failure.

Obviously the best bet is to start from scratch with new accounts , cards, bank accounts etc but you can avoid all that hassle , at least for a while by extending the life of the ebay account so long as you realise the risks.

If the other paypal account is one you cannot afford to lose then its back to the beginning
Old 06-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Complete new combo - no reusing or reattaching of PP to an old eb and such...start fresh...
Old 06-08-2015

Its interesting, as Ebay actually told me to attach a new paypal to the ebay account when i informed them my paypal was limited. I said I would use my 'wifes', they said not a problem.

Of course, you take everything ebay says with a pinch of salt, because they do love to tell lies, but I did find that one quite funny.
Old 06-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Smile Re: PayPal limited eBay account active - what to do

Well - nothing to lose .... I toyed with the idea for while but lifes a gamble hey ..... so attached a different paypal for payment last week ..... no problems at all so far ...... sold many items ........
Old 06-16-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allygee928 View Post
Well - nothing to lose .... I toyed with the idea for while but lifes a gamble hey ..... so attached a different paypal for payment last week ..... no problems at all so far ...... sold many items ........
Yep it can work as I said, and for a while too...hopefully you have a limits removed one because come EU check time, you will get it limited as its a manual review, a paypal with the limits removed already would be far safer and probably last longer.
Old 06-18-2015

Longevity: 69%

Creating a new paypal account and linking it to an ebay account after the original account got permanently limited worked for me once

But the second time it happened it didnt

Just luck i guess